specialty restaurant

Bases5

To make reservations for the speciality restaurants once we are on board do we go to a central location or each individual restaurant?

Thank you.....sorry to ask but like others could not search!

On Embarkation day you can also make them at a table set up, usually outside Sabatinis and the Crown Grill or call the DINE line from your cabin.

And do hang in there with the Dine Line. Sometimes it takes them a while to answer, on the first afternoon. I sit down and read the first day's Princess Patter, while waiting.

Also, I often find the number for the Dine Line in the first day's Princess Patter. It is hard for me to perceive it on the phone.

Bon appetit :)

On Embarkation day you can also make them at a table set up, usually outside Sabatinis and the Crown Grill or call the DINE line from your cabin.

We went straight to the Crown Grill as soon as we got on board and there was no-one to be found anywhere inside or outside the restaurant. We were a little concerned, because this is how we always booked our table in the past. Instead, we beelined it to our cabin and called the Dine line immediately. It only took a few minutes of wait time and I was able to get the nights and times I wanted for both Sabatinis and Crown Grill.

Next time, I will put in a request for a window table - even though they will tell you they won't guarantee to honor your request - they do put a note in your reservation and they will do their best.

We went straight to the Crown Grill as soon as we got on board and there was no-one to be found anywhere inside or outside the restaurant. We were a little concerned, because this is how we always booked our table in the past.

They only set up one table for specialty restaurant reservations during embarkation & many times it's been in front of Sabatini's. :)

We went straight to the Crown Grill as soon as we got on board and there was no-one to be found anywhere inside or outside the restaurant. We were a little concerned, because this is how we always booked our table in the past. Instead, we beelined it to our cabin and called the Dine line immediately. It only took a few minutes of wait time and I was able to get the nights and times I wanted for both Sabatinis and Crown Grill.

Next time, I will put in a request for a window table - even though they will tell you they won't guarantee to honor your request - they do put a note in your reservation and they will do their best.

Same here. On our recent (2014) Crown Princess cruise, there was no one at either Crown Grill or Sabatini's on embarkation day.

We punched the DINE Line button on our cabin telephone. It was answered quickly and we were able to get reservations for the nights & times we wanted.

Actually, it's easier than going to the restaurants to do it. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Same here. On our recent (2014) Crown Princess cruise, there was no one at either Crown Grill or Sabatini's on embarkation day.

We punched the DINE Line button on our cabin telephone. It was answered quickly and we were able to get reservations for the nights & times we wanted.

Actually, it's easier than going to the restaurants to do it. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Yes, you are right. It is the easiest way.

To make reservations for the speciality restaurants once we are on board do we go to a central location or each individual restaurant?

Thank you.....sorry to ask but like others could not search!

Don't waste your time with the DINE line... When you board, after finding your cabin, getting a drink or bite to eat go directly to the venue you'd like to at and book the date and time. One thing I found out is that if you book for a night that's a formal night you do not have to dress formal in the specialty restaurant.

When I booked, I got a $100 credit for the specialty restaurants. I am assuming there will be lots of other cruisers are in the same situation so will we still need to book or will they book us in as there are so many of us? Thoughts?

From what I understand, with that promotion they will book the restaurant and the time for you. You can always try to change it if you wish by visiting the maitre'd.

It is wonderful to have the Dine Line available, if you go to the venue and there is no one there (as mentioned above). The Dine Line then proves to be indispensable.

The Dine Line is also great for making multiple specialty restaurant reservations at one time. Very convenient.