What will the Escape and Bliss Home Ports be?

BrPanthers99

What will the homeports be for the Escape and Bliss  

215 members have voted

1. 1. What will the homeports be for the Escape and Bliss

• Both in FL
    • Both in NY
    • Both in Europe
    • NY and FL
    • NY and Europe
    • FL and Europe
    • FL and New Orleans
    • NY and New Orleans
    • FL and CA
    • NY and CA
    • Other (Explain)

When I spoke with Kevin Sheehan a few weeks ago, he indicated that the Bliss would likely homeport in San Francisco.

David

Kevin Sheehan is no longer with the company you cannot give any credence to this.

Bliss will probably be in NY. One of the biggest criticisms of Breakaway was no retractable roof for a ship in cold weather part of the year.

Kevin Sheehan is no longer with the company you cannot give any credence to this.

Bliss will probably be in NY. One of the biggest criticisms of Breakaway was no retractable roof for a ship in cold weather part of the year.

This post was nearly a year ago when Sheehan was with the company.

Been looking at NCL cruise itineraries ...

- Escape is home porting in Miami until April 2017 at least - she arrives in Miami in Nov 2015

- Gem is moving from New York to home port in San Juan in Oct 2016 - and there is nothing after Dec 2016

- both Jade and Spirit will spend winter 2015/6 and 2016/7 home porting in Houston/Port Canaveral and will go back to Europe to spend summer 2016 there

- there is nothing for Breakaway beyond Oct 2016

- there is nothing for New York beyond Oct 2016 :eek:

Nothing for Boston beyond October 2016 either.

Pure speculation here. Totally making this up. :D I think Gem'll be in NY from Jan-April 2017. Then it'll move to Boston in May 2017 to take over the Boston-Bermuda Run. In May 2017, Escape will move up and join the Breakaway in NY.

Been looking at NCL cruise itineraries ...

- Escape is home porting in Miami until April 2017 at least - she arrives in Miami in Nov 2015

- Gem is moving from New York to home port in San Juan in Oct 2016 - and there is nothing after Dec 2016

- both Jade and Spirit will spend winter 2015/6 and 2016/7 home porting in Houston/Port Canaveral and will go back to Europe to spend summer 2016 there

- there is nothing for Breakaway beyond Oct 2016

- there is nothing for New York beyond Oct 2016 :eek:

My bet is Bliss might be deployed to ASIA .... there was a mention of NCL deploying one of the newest ships (BA Plus) to ASIA at the Latitudes meeting when we were on Epic TA in Oct 2012. In addition to this, a cruise consultant states there is a very large cruise market in Asia and there are many many gamblers down there too.

Breakaway is the NY ship. Would be really odd with her hull art not to stay in NY. Youve got Getaway and Escape on the Sat/Sun slots from Miami.

NCLs largest markets are US pax (but few seem to want to fly to a home port outside USA) , 2nd largest is UK yet NCL don't home port from UK, Royal, Princess, Celebrity, Cunard and P&O do.. Asian market will get two new Star ships soon from one of the NCL stakeholders and how many will really fly out to join a ship from there!

A smaller ship maybe. But the logistics to fly out 4000 pax to Asia each week.. The locals would stick to the Star cruise line. Australia is an emerging market but can see that being one of the next two.

Before Kevin left both him and his EVP said they wanted to base a ship from the UK but had to wait until the fleet was larger so one of the next three new builds after Escape will. Would be nice if they did some Scandivanian type cruises like Royals Indy did combined with longer 2wks to the med. NCL presence in Nth Spain, France nth/west, Portugal is non-existent.

I dont believe ncl wants to deploy to asia due to star cruises.most probably as stated before europe base for bliss...nobody knows though.i wish sometime they will deploy to australia doing south pacific cruises with a ship like the spirit which is perfect for this kind of itineraries

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A great idea but we have years to wait for a ship here I fear.

Why would NCL want to compete with Royal and P &O for the UK market indeed they always say at the latitudes event "we concentrate on fly cruise"

my bet nothing before 2018 to the UK

A great idea but we have years to wait for a ship here I fear.

Why would NCL want to compete with Royal and P &O for the UK market indeed they always say at the latitudes event "we concentrate on fly cruise"

Because none of the others cater for freestyle cruising.

Just look at the ships visiting Southampton this year...

http://southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

How many of them don't have formal nights for example..

Edited by Single Cruiser

Breakaway is the NY ship. Would be really odd with her hull art not to stay in NY.

Dawn used to be the NYC ship for years and was marketed heavily as such. She also has NYC themed hull art with the Statue of Liberty. Theming doesn't mean that the ship won't be repositioned once newer tonnage is available.

For the same reason that NCL compete with Royal and Carnival etc out of Miami......to expand the business and return greater profits to the shareholders.

And why concentrate on "fly cruise" when you could easily triple the number of UK customers by offering "cruise only" out of Southampton or Dover?

And how come "fly cruise" is only appropriate to the UK? Why not base all US ships in say New Orleans, and have all the US pax flying in to there from Boston/NY/Florida etc?

Edited by Froggitt

I dont believe ncl wants to deploy to asia due to star cruises.most probably as stated before europe base for bliss...nobody knows though.i wish sometime they will deploy to australia doing south pacific cruises with a ship like the spirit which is perfect for this kind of itineraries

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe, as Star also has some Breakaway Plus ships on order, they will roll Star up into NCL creating one big cruiseline (with a wide geographic reach) rather than two small lines (each with their own limited reach).

Im hoping Boston. I love the Dawn, but 4 years already? Needing something new. Especially when the only competition is HA.

Oh, and......There is big money in Boston and many people do not want to fly !!!

And the big money is in California and surrounding states and many people don't want to fly.

And the big money is in California and surrounding states and many people don't want to fly.

There maybe money but all cruise lines have had problems filling ships on the West Coast. Add the issues with Mexico a few years back caused most to pull their ships.

For people likr me, I'd like to see mew ships do new routes as I really only like going on the new ships, but geez, I am kind of tired of the East & West Caribbean... We want to do some

of the European routes, but, for me, the ships that sale those just don't appeal. We did Getaway & are booked on Escape, so maybe Bliss will offer us a new route. I would do Breakaway, but hubby isn't onboard yet.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

They need to make more smaller ships that can go to the ports that they have now. I know that the Tampa area is talking about expanding the port to allow the big ships to port here but I can't see that happening. There is too much at stake in the environment and the money spent, not just here but in each port area where the small ships are now home ported.

NCL could take the lead and build a handful of new small ships!!

janymac:p

If NCL did build a smaller ship with a few studio cabins, and that ship does Alaskan cruises during the summer time, I would most likely book a room before the ship was even finish being built.

Don't hold your breath waiting for new small NCL ships. The cost per passenger is about 1/2 on the new mega ships. You want smaller ships break out the check book. Check out the fares for Oceania, Regent, Etc. They will continue to have smaller ships.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Edited by time2cruise1

• 2 weeks later...
Hope the New ships sail out of NY, manhattan or brooklyn and or New Jersey. People in these states might cruise more often and longer if ships departed from the big apple, which by it self in a great destination.

Don't think that will happen..good friends just sailed the Breakaway for the 2nd time in 1 year, and they had 32 ft. seas for THREE straight days going down ( 12 night cruise), and 25 ft seas for 2 days coming home ..the wife said, "NEVER again from NY- NEVER! We will fly down to Fla and leave from there"..both were pretty sick for the 5 days of swells...BTW, they also have cruised on Celebrity twice from NY, and both times also hit heavy seas...I think the Bliss will be based in either Barcelona, Miami or Port Canaveral...

Big Al