Crown Bay Pier to Havensight Question

Annefran

Sorry to post here but didn't get an answer in Ports of Call area. Thought someone night know the answer here:

Hi All,

We are sailing on the Oasis of the Seas in early May of this year. We are docking at the Crown Bay Pier. We are spending the early part of the day at Emerald Beach and then want to go over to Havensight to shop later in the day. (I have a favorite jeweler there.)

Is the only means of transportation a taxi or van service? I don't remember seeing a water taxi at Crown Bay area. Is there one like in St Maarten pier area? Thanks in advance for any information you can share. Happy Cruising! :D

Sorry to post here but didn't get an answer in Ports of Call area. Thought someone night know the answer here:

Hi All,

We are sailing on the Oasis of the Seas in early May of this year. We are docking at the Crown Bay Pier. We are spending the early part of the day at Emerald Beach and then want to go over to Havensight to shop later in the day. (I have a favorite jeweler there.)

Is the only means of transportation a taxi or van service? I don't remember seeing a water taxi at Crown Bay area. Is there one like in St Maarten pier area? Thanks in advance for any information you can share. Happy Cruising! :D

Anne, only way to get to Havensight from CB would be by Taxi. The water taxi goes to Water island which is a beautiful beach which is hardly crowded.

Anne, only way to get to Havensight from CB would be by Taxi. The water taxi goes to Water island which is a beautiful beach which is hardly crowded.

Thanks Ken, I am so used to going to Havensight pier and not Crown

Bay Area. I couldn't remember if there was a quicker way to get there than taxi . Thanks for the quick response.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did not know you could do this. Where does the water taxi originate, and how often does it run?

I don't believe that there is a water taxi. In November, taxi from Emerald Beach to Havensight was $8.

Thanks for the information. I have only been to Crown Bay pier once in the past. Mostly been to Havensight Pier on all other stops to St Thomas. I don't really like Crown Bay as much and wish that RCI would switch over to Havensight if possible. :rolleyes:

Did not know you could do this. Where does the water taxi originate, and how often does it run?

http://www.**********/waterisland/gettingthere_wi/

We have been to water island/Honeymoon beach about 5 times. We prefer to dock in CB than Havensight. Would highly recommend it.

By Air

Visitors must fly into the Cyril E. King Airport on St. Thomas and continue to Water Island by ferry. (More on Getting to St. Thomas)

Ferry Service

Visitors to Water Island must take the small Water Island ferry (max. 25 passengers) which operates daily between Crown Bay Marina on St. Thomas and Phillips Landing on Water Island. The ferry docks in front of Tickles Restaurant at the marina. Ferry service is reliable and takes about 10 minutes, one way. There is no car ferry.

Water Island - St. Thomas

Water Island Ferry

(340) 690-4159

Minutes

One Way Round Trip

Adult $5.00 $10.00

Kids $3.00 $5.00

Luggage/Boxes $1.00 piece

Crown Bay → Water Island

Monday-Saturday

6:30 am | 7:15 | 8:00 | 10:00 | 11:00 | noon | 1:15 | 2:15 | 3:15 | 4:15 | 5:15 | 6:00 | 9:00 pm *

Sundays and Holidays

8:00 am | 10:00 | noon | 1:15 | 3:15 | 5:15 pm

Edited by FIRELT5

Thanks for the information. I have only been to Crown Bay pier once in the past. Mostly been to Havensight Pier on all other stops to St Thomas. I don't really like Crown Bay as much and wish that RCI would switch over to Havensight if possible. :rolleyes:

As long as Oasis and Allure are getting to St. Thomas someway no one is going to spend the money to dredge the Havensight area. I much prefer docking there also. At least there is a nice walkway from there into town. And the folks who want to go to Paradise Point can just walk to the tram.

As long as Oasis and Allure are getting to St. Thomas someway no one is going to spend the money to dredge the Havensight area. I much prefer docking there also. At least there is a nice walkway from there into town. And the folks who want to go to Paradise Point can just walk to the tram.

I figured it was a dredging issue. I totally agree, love St Thomas and one of these days will take a vacation there too. Thanks for the information!:p