COUNTDOWN to REGAL PRINCESS: News, updates, and general information!!!

dmwnc1959

The most important information for me is that they name the Regal Cruise Director as Ron Goodman. Anyone know of him before?

Alan

We've sailed with Ron several times and always found him to be a very good cruise director. Very friendly and very visible, always interacting with the passengers. That's very good news as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully, he'll still be there when we board in November. :D

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

We've sailed with Ron several times and always found him to be a very good cruise director. Very friendly and very visible, always interacting with the passengers. That's very good news as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully, he'll still be there when we board in November. :D

Couldn't agree with you more about Ron.

Which sailing are you going on in November?

Edited by cjskids

Yesterday, USA Today had an article with a ton of pictures, though from the Royal, they give a sense of the ship

158 days to go: http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/03/24/regal-princess-cruise-ship/6818677/

I would think those are old photos. I would hope the interior construction is more along at this point than the photos suggest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just 58 days away from her Maiden Voyage. She is still in dry dock and needs to finish Sea Trials. The clock is ticking....

Nope, she left dry dock a year ago, but yes, Sea Trials still need to be completed.

Nope, she left dry dock a year ago, but yes, Sea Trials still need to be completed.

Nope again. She went back into dry dock again (earlier this month or late last month) to install a propeller (or rudder, I forget which) that had been removed to replace one that was damaged on Royal during her sea trials...

See Post #141. That picture was taken on March 13, 2014 with the Regal Princess in dry dock, which she re-entered on February 17th...as shown on these posts...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41705940&postcount=42

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41706120&postcount=43

As of today, she is still in dry dock.

:D

Thanks for the latest info. It seems that there is still a lot to be done in relatively little time. Princess must be confident re the time frame as they added on the two extra sailings. We are sailing on her on the 1st July and can't wait. This thread really helps build up the excitement for the cruise.

Thanks for the latest info. It seems that there is still a lot to be done in relatively little time. Princess must be confident re the time frame as they added on the two extra sailings. We are sailing on her on the 1st July and can't wait. This thread really helps build up the excitement for the cruise.

Last year when Royal Princess had two unexpected emergency dry docks, the first to replace two propellors and one rudder, the second within weeks of her delivery date to replace a failed a/c compressor, someone made a similar comment.

This was my reply... ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=37976398&postcount=1738

While Royal Princess was in dry dock her outfitting continued. I imagine Fincantieri has made the most of these past 40 days.

Hope you have a GREAT cruise!

51 Days and counting until her Maiden Voyage!!!

:D :D :D

They were probably making that new aft pool nice and pretty for us! :D

As an aside, Dave, DH and I are finally getting our chance to board the Royal in three weeks!! Cannot wait!! :):):D

They were probably making that new aft pool nice and pretty for us! :D

As an aside, Dave, DH and I are finally getting our chance to board the Royal in three weeks!! Cannot wait!! :):):D

I hope you have a truly marvelous cruise!!! You deserve it after all you've been through. I can't wait to hear about personal experiences. Here's wishing that it's everything you've anticipated! Relax, enjoy, and have fun!!!

:D

David! Thanks for the latest update, AND the great pics from your iPhone capture. Looks like there is now more certainty about Regal meeting her sailing dates. For me it's still a long way out (as it is for Lucille and TJ (lfk60) who is also sailing on the first 3 days from FLL (unless they decide otherwise, but they are on the roll call). Hope all is well with you and Gray Kitty!

David! Thanks for the latest update, AND the great pics from your iPhone capture. Looks like there is now more certainty about Regal meeting her sailing dates. For me it's still a long way out (as it is for Lucille and TJ (lfk60) who is also sailing on the first 3 days from FLL (unless they decide otherwise, but they are on the roll call). Hope all is well with you and Gray Kitty!

Oh, we'll be there, Larry!! :D

Right now, we are anxiously waiting for the next three weeks to fly by so we can board the Royal!!

Dave, I'd also like to add my thanks for all your updates. It's nice to know she'd afloat again. We can hardly wait to hear about her sea trials and to finally board her in 51 days!! I just hope they remembered to close all the sea cocks, I hate for her to take on water and damage anything in the lower decks :eek:!