COUNTDOWN to REGAL PRINCESS: News, updates, and general information!!!

dmwnc1959

Pat! I just wanted to wish you a great cruise before you depart! I know you will enjoy the Ruby and your itinerary. Looking forward to your post about the "turnaround" experience. I've had two mixed experiences. As long as everyone READS and FOLLOWS the rules, it should be a no-brainer and go very well.

Think about that Regal voyage! Would love to see you again....of course you could show up at Seasons S52/Altamonte one Saturday around 11:30am and I'd be there too! ;)

Thanks , Larry..... I'll certainly let you know howitzer goes. I'm also interested in seeing how "unlimited alcohol " package is handled. There was a thread about it on the Ruby, and it wasn't positive

I'm working on Mom for the Regal, the 3 day will be our 15th, so a B2B would make our first Elite!

I will definitely try to get to Seasons once I get back!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks , Larry..... I'll certainly let you know howitzer goes. I'm also interested in seeing how "unlimited alcohol " package is handled. There was a thread about it on the Ruby, and it wasn't positive

I'm working on Mom for the Regal, the 3 day will be our 15th, so a B2B would make our first Elite!

I will definitely try to get to Seasons once I get back!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Elite is a great incentive! Good luck with Mom!

I apologize for the small screen shots but here is the new deck plans for Britannia showing the Terrace pool on the Sun Deck. Perhaps the Regal has been fitted already?

I have attached the link to the P&O site for better viewing.

Untitled.jpg

http://cdn.images.pocruises.com/global/deckplans/Britannia/Britannia_Deckplans_2015-16.pdf

Edited by need2cruisesoon

I apologize for the small screen shots but here is the new deck plans for Britannia showing the Terrace pool on the Sun Deck. Perhaps the Regal has been fitted already?

That's exactly where it is on Regal Princess. Go back to Post #8 and see where the comparison picture between the ships leads to that determination.

:D

I have attached the link to the P&O site for better viewing.

Untitled.jpg

http://cdn.images.pocruises.com/global/deckplans/Britannia/Britannia_Deckplans_2015-16.pdf

But if you look at the deck plans for the Regal isn't there supposed to be a bar there? I believe Outriggers or something of that nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

But if you look at the deck plans for the Regal isn't there supposed to be a bar there? I believe Outriggers or something of that nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No. Outriggers is on the deck below this. This post shows on Royal Princess where the new pool is on Regal Princess:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41760574&postcount=46

We are going to book the Apr. 5th voyage.....spring recess for our schools in the northeast....so locked into this date.

Right now princess has launch savings of $100 pp expiring Mar. 31.

Looking to get an obstructed or partially obstructed deluxe balcony...i.e. E110, E226,E405,E701,C215,M202 areas would be our price range. Or perhaps minisuite area M204

Any online pricing matches princess....have not talked to anyone personally.

Is a launch pricing something to jump on? In my gut I feel like waiting and doing more research for prices.

Advice appreciated ......also know that I could reserve and transfer later to a TA with better price? FYI would be using FCC for deposit

We are going to book the Apr. 5th voyage.....spring recess for our schools in the northeast....so locked into this date.

Right now princess has launch savings of $100 pp expiring Mar. 31.

Looking to get an obstructed or partially obstructed deluxe balcony...i.e. E110, E226,E405,E701,C215,M202 areas would be our price range. Or perhaps minisuite area M204

Any online pricing matches princess....have not talked to anyone personally.

Is a launch pricing something to jump on? In my gut I feel like waiting and doing more research for prices.

Advice appreciated ......also know that I could reserve and transfer later to a TA with better price? FYI would be using FCC for deposit

This far out, you can just go ahead and book to get the cabin(s) you want. Then watch for price drops and call to get the lower prices. You can do that, or transfer the booking to TA that offers a lower price and/or more OBC, right up to final payment due date.

OK pics of the aft pool under construction, you can see the pool under the scaffolding. Also, please note the sister ship Britannia in the background.

Not sure what they are loading here, almost looks like a large hot tub?

Even though a link was provided back on Page 2 of this thread to the Princess Cruises Flickr album I don't think anyone noticed the caption title notation that it was the aft pool.

Nice catch, and THANK YOU!

Here's a link to Princess' set of Regal Princess photos on Flickr...

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjSTXFaa

Even though a link was provided back on Page 2 of this thread to the Princess Cruises Flickr album I don't think anyone noticed the caption title notation that it was the aft pool.

Nice catch, and THANK YOU!

Yes, at first I quite didn't know what to think as the picture was as it didn't resemble anything that looked familiar, but once I studied it and looked at the caption it was labeled "aft pool". I think it's great that Princess is adding this feature to the ship no matter the size of the pool.

Can you tell me in the following picture what the crane would be loading onto the aft portion of the ship? Great thread BTW.

Not quite sure...here is a blow up of that image...

13281558853_c8d5748898_b.jpg

That could be almost anything, construction supplies of various types. Good catch on the pool though. It will make people happier to have another pool area even if it is small.

The enlarged photo seems to me to not be the aft pool being hoisted into place. It appears to be numerous boxes and crates of various sizes on a pallet type lifting platform. Could just be normal construction supplies and equipment.

It's hard to tell just what the photo of the supposed new pool area under the scaffolding is actually showing. Appears to be a circular hole in the deck, but the ladder in the hole makes it look deeper than I'd expect a small aft pool to be.

Oh, well - I'll know for sure in only 60 days when I board Regal for the inaugural cruise ;)

Recent photo of the Regal Princess:

Wow! :D

Condition: New and Gorgeous

Yes she is!

With less than two months until her Maiden Voyage I'm still surprised we have heard literally nothing, or seen more updates, from Princess Cruises or the shipyard.

She is a beauty. Curious to see the reaction to the added aft "wading pool".

I was thinking the same thing. That pool definitely will not have the same feel as the terrace pools on the Grand class ships.

But I give Princess some credit for trying to right some of the complaints from the Royal. However I think their fixes will anger some loyalist. Who will be made that the aft pool is just sitting on deck and the wrap promenade will be very, very narrow and will not give the promenade the feel they are looking for.

But all in all. The Royal is now my favorite ship. I can't wait to sail again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by JPEvans

I was thinking the same thing. That pool definitely will not have the same feel as the terrace pools on the Grand class ships.

But I give Princess some credit for trying to right some of the complaints from the Royal. However I think their fixes will anger some loyalist. Who will be made that the aft pool is just sitting on deck and the wrap promenade will be very, very narrow and will not give the promenade the feel they are looking for.

But all in all. The Royal is now my favorite ship. I can't wait to sail again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was little else that Princess could do once the ships were built. The aft pool had to be above the deck because of what is below. The Regal and eventually Royal will get essentially the same "wading pool" that is being installed on Britannia.

There will be no wrap around Promenade as you will not be able to get from one side to the other. Rather, just a narrow passageway to get between the current sections of open deck on either side.

The Princess "Loyalists" that wanted another Grand class ship will probably never be happy with the Royal/Regal. We will be able to make up our minds this fall on the Regal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi all,

Princess have been posting some new videos on Regal features on the website. They seem to be posting a new one every week and the ones on there at the moment cover the fountain show, wine maker's dinner and Cabanas in the sanctuary. They can be found at:

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/gp/video_tours/#.Uy6nyctF2Uk

The most important information for me is that they name the Regal Cruise Director as Ron Goodman. Anyone know of him before?

Alan