Princess loyalty OBC

StLouisCruisers

I just completed cruises #20 & 21. I did not get any OBC on those. Does that mean on cruise #22 I will get a $25.00 OBC, because those had to have been completed in order to get the OBC?

Was that a combined cruise? Booked as one cruise but also could have been booked as two individual cruises? Since you have to talk with a Captains Circle person afterwards to get the two points that would explain not getting the $25 credit right away on cruise 21.

Even if two b2b cruises I have heard others say that "head office" has to do something after completing #20 which might explain a delay in receiving the $25 credit on cruise #21 if it was immediately after cruise #20.

Terry

We will pass the 20 cruise credit after our April Royal voyage and enjoy the extra OBC on the October voyage on the Regal. Wish they would do more for those that have more that 150 days at sea as well in the Elite program. Still a little miffed that someone that can take 15 three day coastal cruises can make Elite with only 45 days at sea. We will have over 200 and get the same benefits after a heck of a lot more investment. Guess I should be happy that we have had more days at sea......and I can work with that.

We will pass the 20 cruise credit after our April Royal voyage and enjoy the extra OBC on the October voyage on the Regal. Wish they would do more for those that have more that 150 days at sea as well in the Elite program. Still a little miffed that someone that can take 15 three day coastal cruises can make Elite with only 45 days at sea. We will have over 200 and get the same benefits after a heck of a lot more investment. Guess I should be happy that we have had more days at sea......and I can work with that.

On the other hand, we have over 500 days and you get the same perks as us. I don't worry about it. I am just happy we can cruise. I take whatever perks they want to give me. Sure more is better, but I am happy with the ones we have.

On the other hand, we have over 500 days and you get the same perks as us. I don't worry about it. I am just happy we can cruise. I take whatever perks they want to give me. Sure more is better, but I am happy with the ones we have.

I thought about responding to the OP, but glad you did it for me.

Was that a combined cruise? Booked as one cruise but also could have been booked as two individual cruises? Since you have to talk with a Captains Circle person afterwards to get the two points that would explain not getting the $25 credit right away on cruise 21.

Even if two b2b cruises I have heard others say that "head office" has to do something after completing #20 which might explain a delay in receiving the $25 credit on cruise #21 if it was immediately after cruise #20.

Terry

Terry, Yes, it was a B2B. I did not even realize I had hit 20 while on board the first cruise and I had kind of forgotten about the OBC perk. So, my bad I guess for not remembering and asking. I suspect it will be there next time.

Terry, Yes, it was a B2B. I did not even realize I had hit 20 while on board the first cruise and I had kind of forgotten about the OBC perk. So, my bad I guess for not remembering and asking. I suspect it will be there next time.

The only time this issue arises is at #20; or #21. Afterwards the increments begin AFTER #31, 41 and 51.

The only time this issue arises is at #20; or #21. Afterwards the increments begin AFTER #31, 41 and 51.

Sounds as though at some point even Princess got confused with the "on the / after the" aspect of when the next level is achieved! Started out with "After 20 cruises" which is logical but then somehow instead of "On the 31st cruise" it changed to "After the 31st" and then stayed that way.

Terry

Sounds as though at some point even Princess got confused with the "on the / after the" aspect of when the next level is achieved! Started out with "After 20 cruises" which is logical but then somehow instead of "On the 31st cruise" it changed to "After the 31st" and then stayed that way.

Terry

Doesn't affect me. I've been collecting those extra $100 for a long time. But of course, they've been collecting a lot more from me. ;)

Cruise credits also multiply if you book a cruise that can be booked as a b2b. If you book a 10-day cruise that can also be booked as two five-day cruises you should get 2 cruise credits. If that doesn't happen just contact Princess and they will fix it for you.

Are you sure of this? I've taken several cruises that I booked as a single, but which were also sold as two separate cruises. I have never received more than one credit for those. However, I did get 2 credits for those B2B's with separate booking numbers. Can you elaborate.

It depends on WHEN you took the cruises. I don't know when this changed but long time cruisers like Pia or Pam could tell you. There are numerous OBC threads and this info - including when this started - is in a number of them. These days you should get the multiple cruise credits.

Are you sure of this? I've taken several cruises that I booked as a single, but which were also sold as two separate cruises. I have never received more than one credit for those. However, I did get 2 credits for those B2B's with separate booking numbers. Can you elaborate.
How the cruise credit is automatically applied depends on how you've booked it. If you booked two cruises that are also sold as one longer cruise and have just one booking # for the entire cruise, you'll receive one cruise credit automatically. In this case, just check with the Captain's Circle Host for the 2nd credit.

If you book them as two separate cruises with two booking #'s, you'll automatically get a cruise credit for each. It's confusing and you'd think Princess would give you the proper cruise credits but since the automatic posting is based on the booking #, it becomes a bit clearer.

Many people book two cruises as one because there are often fare savings for doing so. But then you may not get as much FCC OBC, Platinum/Elite perks, etc. so before booking two cruises as one, figure out what the actual cost differences will be beyond the cruise fare. For instance, if you save $200 by booking it as one cruise but you get $100 more in FCC OBC, $150 more for stock credit, etc., then you're better off booking as separate cruises.

Edited by Pam in CA

It depends on WHEN you took the cruises. I don't know when this changed but long time cruisers like Pia or Pam could tell you. There are numerous OBC threads and this info - including when this started - is in a number of them. These days you should get the multiple cruise credits.

I can't say exactly when it started, but my best guess is Fall of 2011.

I can't say exactly when it started, but my best guess is Fall of 2011.

Fall of 2011 sounds about right. But you could get credit for cruises before that. We had a b2b booked as one cruise in 2009 and were able to get the second cruise credit.

• 2 weeks later...
You should have gotten it on the 21st cruise. If you don't get it on the next one, talk to the Captain's Circle rep onboard.

I called Princess this past Wednesday about something else, I thought since I'm already on the phone with Princess why not ask about the Loyalty OBC. The agent I was speaking with said she didn't know but would ask, she came back on the line and said she had researched my question and read the eligibility requirements to me. Bottom line, I should have received a $25 OBC in January for my 21st cruise and didn't. The agent whose name is Jennifer gave me an email address to contact Customer Relations and made notations so Customer Relations would know that we had spoken. I couldn't believe when I came home yesterday (Thursday) I had a voice mail from Princess apologizing for not giving me the OBC in January, and telling me it would show within four days in my Captains Circle account. Today when I checked it was already there!! Princess, I am proud of you!!!

Now I just have to see if I can get it applied to my next cruise!