First RCI Cruise...a few questions..

Hey guys!! love that i found this forum..I use one for my truck and love all the great info and hep (Tacoma World)...soooo I leave on the Enchantment March 3 and am sailing to the Bahamas...I bought this as a gift to my girlfriend for her 21st!! now turned into a group of 8 of us since its spring break (go figure).. I just got a few questions for yall and would love some help!!!

1. We are leaving from Canaveral and our campus is only 25 min away...and suggestions on parking?? Prices? Personal Experience??

2. I was wondering if there was anything on this ship thats couple oriented?? we are going with a group but may not want to be with them all the time.

3. Has anyone snorkeled in Cococay?? thoughts ? experiences ??

4. I am only 20 and as i said my girlfriend 21.. I was wondering if its worth it to get her the alcohol package for the week? Do you guys think you have gotten enough use out of it?? (Im not saying we are trying to bring alcohol on board and not trying to say we are gonna share her drinks either, just a genera question, it seems like a sensitive subject on these boards)

I think thats it...for now lol lol..THANK YOU guys so much.. !!:D

Coco cay has excellent snorkeling. There are various places where they toss out food to the fish. There are also some wrecks under the water to attract the fish. We love it. If you have you own equipment, bring it as it will cut down on renting equipment which can add up.

The drink alcohol package is expensive $55/day. Remember since you are 20 years old you will not be able to purchase drinks yourself.

Also you mentioned other friends are joining in. Someone in each cabin must be 21 years of age to book the room. This is a Royal policy.

enjoy the cruise, you will love it.

The port charges $20/day for parking, but you can get it cheaper off site. They will shuttle you over and back. Its much cheaper.

I've snorkeled Coco Cay several times in the past. It can be decent if storms have not clouded the water, and at times jellyfish can be a problem.

You can bring your own stuff, but they insist on a snorkel vest, which can be rented.

Parking - any off site parking is about half the cost of the pier, the other poster has provided a link. $15 at the pier, $8 other places (per day)

Drink package - since you can't get one also, I'd say buy by the drink

Couples - can't think of anything specific. Find a quiet spot in a lounge. Hot tub at midnight.

Have a great cruise!

Congrats on your first RCI cruise. Personally, I think the drink package is expensive for my drinking habits. A standard vodka tonic is typically 6.25ish plus gratuity so 7ish a drink. Takes about 8 drinks a day drinking the wells to break even. If you like fancier drinks you have a better chance of getting your moneys worth out of it.

My wife gets the coke package, at 7 dollars a day and we dont even break even on it as most days she drinks at most 2 diet cokes tops. We get it as we collect the cups as we have a coke cup from each cruise we have ever been on. I typically have a couple sips of coke off her cup a day, but I estimate i don't even "steal" a total of 2 full cups of pop throughout a whole cruise. Again, touchy subject here, but just telling you my experience with the packages.

Have fun! Nothing like being in your 20s on a cruise ship!

As far as fun activities (not really couples only per se, but a riot for all) keep your eyes peeled on the Compass (daily list of events provided in your stateroom).

Look for items such as Love and Marriage show, Battle of the Sexes, The Quest. Those are always a lot of fun.

Fun couples activities would be the hot tub at night, couples massage or spa treatment or personal training, go to lounge and just have a slow dance, sit at schooner bar or any bar and have drinks, as mentioned before quest, love and marriage game show. My wife and I live doing trivia. Ballroom dance classes. There are a ton!

parkcruise.com is really close and if you book online in advance it's only $7.99/day.They have a free shuttle and we didn't wait before or after the cruise more than 5 minutes. Also I believe they only offer the drink packages for 4 or more nights. We were on the 4 night Enchantment a few weeks ago and it was great! If you are brave try parasailing in coco cay they go tandem and it was awesome! Have fun!

I read your other forum often! Toyota just bought back my taco (2000, frame rot), and they did right by me--I made some good money off of that truck.

Now, with a kid, I'm thinking of upgrading to the 2014 Tundra, or.......waiting for the 2015 F-150 (I know!!!).

I agree with all of the other advice. You from FL?

does anyone know if you can bring a beer funnel on board..some of the 21s in our group like to party... lol

No need to bring one, you can buy RCL branded beer bongs in the general store on the Royal Promenade. Watch closing times, I've been stuck more than once needing a funnel only to find the store closed and having to resort to shot gunning from can. :(

I read your other forum often! Toyota just bought back my taco (2000, frame rot), and they did right by me--I made some good money off of that truck.

Now, with a kid, I'm thinking of upgrading to the 2014 Tundra, or.......waiting for the 2015 F-150 (I know!!!).

I agree with all of the other advice. You from FL?

haha thats awesome!!! and im down here for school, from Rhode Island though

No need to bring one, you can buy RCL branded beer bongs in the general store on the Royal Promenade. Watch closing times, I've been stuck more than once needing a funnel only to find the store closed and having to resort to shot gunning from can. :(

That is incredible...

/Dying.

To add to the couples suggestions, there should be dancing pretty much every night. Sometimes just walking out on deck at night and watching the stars/sea/land/other ships go by is a pretty good time as well. Particularly if there is a decent moon [doesn't even have to be full].

Don't sell formal nights short either. If your girl friend is the kind that enjoys that sort of thing [some do some don't], then indulge her and play it to the hilt.

Check your cruise compass each day (the itinerary of onboard activities) for any romantic-sounding activities, such as dancing, a show, or the newlywed game. In addition, some nighttime hot tub time is always fun. If you want to spend a little extra, a dinner for two one night in Chops, the supplemental restaurant on board, may help spark some romance away from the spring break revelries. I also just think a nice quiet stroll either at sunset and/or under the moonlight on the top deck or promenade deck is a nice quiet activity for two. Nothing like standing aft on a ship watching the moon reflected in the wake, holding someone in your arms.

The drink package really only works out if the person is going to be consuming an average of 6-7 alcoholic drinks (more if its mostly beer) every single day of the cruise. I think it makes more sense for shorter (4-5 day) sailings, especially stopping on Coco Cay, since the package works there as well, but can get a bit expensive for week-long sailings.

I last snorkeled on Coco Cay in 2004, so they may have improved the snorkeling areas since then, but I don't remember seeing too much interesting sea life. In fact I basically just remember getting in line to rent the equipment, so that shows there was nothing to see worth remembering 10 years later.

I would suggest against bringing a beer bong. While people certainly overdo it on cruises, and the lines make sure they just don't hurt anybody, they do have policies against drinking games and use of materials like that. I've had a game of kings broken up by cruise-line staff once (although this was on NCL). Worst case scenario, the beer bong gets confiscated (so don't bring your good one).

CoCo Cay is my favorite stop, such a relaxing day. Snorkeling is great, there is a billboard with a map that shows where the sunken ships and planes are, those areas tend to attract more fish. In the snorkel area head to the right, the reefs there are usually full of fish. I also like that you can get a locker to put your valuables in. They give you a wristband that opens then so you don't have to worry about losing a key. They rent all the equipment or you can bring your own.

What a great gift, have a wonderful cruise.