Best excursions for Cozumel and Belize

Pandabear90

What are the best or for lack of a better term... what excursions would you guys recommend??Lets hear it?? Also let me know where you guys book it through??

Is it better to book on the RCI website or through a outside company??

are like the shore excursions such as jet ski, parasail, snorkeling, all on a beach resort or??

-Nick

It's kind of hard to answer that question.

It all depends on your likes. Do you like to shop, beach, drive stuff, fly through the air?

Some book through the cruise line and some venture out on their own. That's your own personal comfort level.

Go through the excursions that the cruise line does and see if any appeal to you.

Join the roll call for your sailing and see if some other cruisers have information on your particular sailing that may help.

No matter what-you'll have a good time I'm sure!!;)

We did a dune buggy excursion on Cozumel (not with the ship). It was perfect! It included lunch, unlimited beer, soda and water, a snorkeling stop, a stop at the lighthouse and croc refuge, a stop at a beach and then a stop at a tequila factory. One of the best I have taken. The ship offers it too but I think ours was smaller, made more stops and was cheaper. We went though Island Marketing.

What are the best or for lack of a better term... what excursions would you guys recommend??Lets hear it?? Also let me know where you guys book it through??

Is it better to book on the RCI website or through a outside company??

are like the shore excursions such as jet ski, parasail, snorkeling, all on a beach resort or??

-Nick

Hey Nick,

I've been to Cozumel four times. My wife an I went horseback riding once, in 2005, and had a great time. We booked through the ship.

Our first time there with the kids when they were really young we just took a cab to a public beach. The other two times when the kids were a bit older we went to Nachi Cocum. That is an awesome private beach club, and the cost includes a full meal and unlimited drinks, alcoholic and non. Besides the beach there's a pool with a swim up bar and a not-so-hot hot tub. We really liked it there. They also offer snorkeling and para sailing for an additional cost.

We were in Belize once. We did a snorkeling excursion booked through the ship. That was the same cruise we went horseback riding in Cozumel.

Have a great trip!!

Steve

If you want to try something fun, try the speedboat/snorkel excursion thru RCC. Itwas around $95 PP and was loads of fun! The boats go fast, but are very easy to control. You get to go out a good distance from the shore. They serve a great Mexican lunch with some delicious non-alcoholic juices. When we went, there were only 3 other couples with us, despite being a ship sponsored excursion. We had lots of time to talk with our guides. We've also done the X-Rail to Jade Caverns. That was also a great deal of fun. But you'll get real dirty from the dust kick up.We were q-tipping dirt out of ears for days after! The Jade Caverns also have a heavy sulfur smell. And you have to go thru an underwater passage to get in there, so if you have a fear of bats or tight spaces it may be a skip for ya.

In Belize, we did cave tubing thru an outside company that was well worth it. It included lunch that was quite tasty. We've also gone to the Lamanai ruins. Some of the Mayan temples there are pretty high, and you get to climb to the top of 2 of them. The boat ride up the river to the ruins was cool too. Don't let that boat fool you, it's got some oomph behind it!

Cozumel we do Playa Mia.

All inclusive beach resort. Has kayaks and peddle boats included as well as buffer lunch and soft drinks and local beer.

Been a while since we last went and that was awesome, since then I understand they have added even more amenities. Especially great for families.

Hey Nick,

I've been to Cozumel four times. My wife an I went horseback riding once, in 2005, and had a great time. We booked through the ship.

Our first time there with the kids when they were really young we just took a cab to a public beach. The other two times when the kids were a bit older we went to Nachi Cocum. That is an awesome private beach club, and the cost includes a full meal and unlimited drinks, alcoholic and non. Besides the beach there's a pool with a swim up bar and a not-so-hot hot tub. We really liked it there. They also offer snorkeling and para sailing for an additional cost.

We were in Belize once. We did a snorkeling excursion booked through the ship. That was the same cruise we went horseback riding in Cozumel.

Have a great trip!!

Steve

Ahh thanks steve, yea we were interested in parasailing, horseback riding, jetskiing, ziplining... haven't decided which but also some shopping, drinking. Yea I heard a few people recommend Nachi Cocum...did you guys reserve on their website?? Was it a package deal to get the day pass, which I believe is 55 a person + like jetskiing or parasailing??

Hands down best excursion in Cozumel has to be the Cozumel bar hop. Not just a drinking excursion. It includes drinks but takes you to the primitive side of the island that is absolutely stunning and not crowded. Search the forums for the bar hop and google them. No way you can go wrong. People who run it are fantastic too.

We were in Cozumel last March and booked Passion Island with the Twister book through RCCL. Absolutely loved it! The twister was so much fun getting there and back. The island was beautiful and lunch was included. We got really cheap and great massages too that was offered when we got there. We still had time to shop once we got back. I would do that excursion again when we go back to Cozumel.

Cozumel:

cozumelbarhop.com

You stop at 4 bars on the other undeveloped side of the island. have a shooter. Order food or more drinks if you want. Get on the bus and sing Wolly Bully. You also get to see the side of the island most ppl don't go to, and get a bit of history of the island. I've done this 4 times so I'm a FoHo (former hopper)

Nachi Cocum: reserve ahead of time for an all inclusive beach/food/pool/drinks. About $55 and they restrict the numbers allowed on property. Quieter (but not QUIET quiet). Good for couples or families.

Mr. Sanchos: they also have an all inclusive or ala carte option. Louder crowd w/ music and huge inflated water toys in the ocean. I believe you CAN reserve ahead but don't have to.

Playa Palancar: No ala carte. As long as you order food/drinks you can use their loungers. It's at the end of the taxi run ($5 extra/cab) so it's never as crowded. Food is reasonably priced and WONDERFUL. This is the quietest option. It's a beach club/restaurant and you don't have to reserve ahead.

BELIZE: Various snorkel excursions. Good snorkeling from the beach for many of these. Also cave tubing thru cave tubing.bz (Vitaleno Reyes). $50pp includes transportation to and from the cave system. A nature walk thru the jungle (about 30 min), new tubes w/ headrests and they link together so you don't have to stick your feet under the arm pits of the person in front of you. A guide for each 8 people. Lunch is included. 3 caves.

In Belize we did a tour thru' the ship as it was on the long side.

Lamanai Mayan ruins, think it was called "New River & Ruins" something like that. Good fun, fast river run "drive it like you stole it" the guide told the driver, and he did, had twin 200HP outboards. Good guides too and an interesting site.

We were on the last tender back to the ship.

In Cozumel we went to Chakanaab. It is a national park. So much to do there and beautiful.

Snorkeling right off the beach….walk down a few stairs and you can snorkel.

We swam with the dolphins there and it was nice.

There is also a pool.

I booked the excursion thru the ship(Carnival)..dolphins..but then you can explore park. Not far from terminal so a cab is doable.

Happy planning

Kerri

Ahh thanks steve, yea we were interested in parasailing, horseback riding, jetskiing, ziplining... haven't decided which but also some shopping, drinking. Yea I heard a few people recommend Nachi Cocum...did you guys reserve on their website?? Was it a package deal to get the day pass, which I believe is 55 a person + like jetskiing or parasailing??

At the time we booked Nachi Cocum through Island Marketing. I hear you can book directly through the resort now.

The cost per person included food an drink.

Edited by mit01

Can confirm above about Paradise Island in Cozumel. And the New River tour in Belize. Both outstanding! Would do them again and thru the cruise line. You can always find something cheaper from a private vendor, but will they get you back to the ship OT?

Enjoy your cruise and excursions!

Rick and Deirdra

Cozumel:

cozumelbarhop.com

You stop at 4 bars on the other undeveloped side of the island. have a shooter. Order food or more drinks if you want. Get on the bus and sing Wolly Bully. You also get to see the side of the island most ppl don't go to, and get a bit of history of the island. I've done this 4 times so I'm a FoHo (former hopper)

Nachi Cocum: reserve ahead of time for an all inclusive beach/food/pool/drinks. About $55 and they restrict the numbers allowed on property. Quieter (but not QUIET quiet). Good for couples or families.

Mr. Sanchos: they also have an all inclusive or ala carte option. Louder crowd w/ music and huge inflated water toys in the ocean. I believe you CAN reserve ahead but don't have to.

Playa Palancar: No ala carte. As long as you order food/drinks you can use their loungers. It's at the end of the taxi run ($5 extra/cab) so it's never as crowded. Food is reasonably priced and WONDERFUL. This is the quietest option. It's a beach club/restaurant and you don't have to reserve ahead.

BELIZE: Various snorkel excursions. Good snorkeling from the beach for many of these. Also cave tubing thru cave tubing.bz (Vitaleno Reyes). $50pp includes transportation to and from the cave system. A nature walk thru the jungle (about 30 min), new tubes w/ headrests and they link together so you don't have to stick your feet under the arm pits of the person in front of you. A guide for each 8 people. Lunch is included. 3 caves.

You sang Wooly Bully?? Really? LOL. I remember that song..Telling my age HUH?

In Cozumel I go to Chankanaab on my own. $10 taxi ride, very close and easy to get to. Snorkeling, nice beach, swim with dolphins, sea lions, and manatees and a lot more to do there. Google it and it will give you a list of what is available.

Cozumel -did the xrails to Jade Cavern through the ship (I think we could have booked it directly with the company? but felt safer being in Mexico going through the ship) Did this in Sept with 4 young adult kids luckily it had rained for almost 2 weeks before so didn't have to deal with the dust just the mud. Hubby had a blast getting me good and muddy as he's normally not allowed to get me muddy when we go 4 wheeling! No power steering so you better be strong but we all loved it and agreed that it was one of the most fun excursions we have done! Just remember if you do it wear old wet socks or shoes, old clothes as they will never be clean again, a bandana for the face and some kind of glasses!