Bringing Bottles on Board Policy

Karanja

Sailling April 6 ex-NYC. What is NCL's policy about bringing bottles of wine or hard liquor on board for balcony use? Limit? Corkage fees?

Thanks.

No liquor may be brought onboard but you may bring on as much wine as you'd like and pay a $15 corkage fee for a 750ml bottle or $30 for a 1.5ml bottle.

http://www.ncl.com/faq#alcohol-consumption

And, since someone will ask shortly...

It does not matter where you drink it. Same fee.

Does not matter if it has a cork or not. Same fee.

They usually have corkscrews,but regular travelors like us have one in each bag.

You can pay as you board if in your carry on (highly reccomended), or they will call you down to "naughty room" when they find it in your checked bags.

Box wine not allowed.

If your TA or someone buys it from NCL as a gift, no fee is charged.

(whew... does that cover everything that gets asked every few days?) LOL!

Sailling April 6 ex-NYC. What is NCL's policy about bringing bottles of wine or hard liquor on board for balcony use? Limit? Corkage fees?

Thanks.

like almost all lines today: you can not bring any hard liquor on period!!! As for wine, you can bring as much as you want but there is a $15 corkage fee, regardless of where you consume it. Remember, it might sound like a rip off and a lot of us don't like the idea of paying $15 but it is better than some lines which are now allowing only 1 bottle of wine per person regardless of where you consume it and are charging corkage fees up to $25 if you take a bottle to the dining room.

If you do bring spirits etc., aboard they will keep it for you until the last night of the cruise.

Only if in the original sealed bottle, I believe. If the liquor has been 'decanted' it is disposed of apparently (only gleaned from reading these boards - we do not smuggle booze except in our tummies!)

Only if in the original sealed bottle, I believe. If the liquor has been 'decanted' it is disposed of apparently (only gleaned from reading these boards - we do not smuggle booze except in our tummies!)

Indeed :)

Ok, just to clarify, ANY bottle of wine incurs a corkage fee? Even if the fee is more than the cost of the bottle? $4.99 bottle of Barefoot?

That is correct.

consider that if you could buy a $5 bottle of wine onboard, they would charge you about $24 plus 15% gratuity for that bottle of el-cheapo. Check out their price of Berringer White Zin at $28 + 15% = $32.20 for a bottle available in Miami for 4.99 and here in TN for 6.99.

Edited by bakerintn

Thanks for replying garycarla. It still is going to be cheaper to buy my wine and pay the corkage fee... just not use to having to do that as we haven't been on Norwegian for awhile. Oh well... not going to go with out my wine! :D

That is correct.

consider that if you could buy a $5 bottle of wine onboard, they would charge you about $24 plus 15% gratuity for that bottle of el-cheapo. Check out their price of Berringer White Zin at $28 + 15% = $32.20 for a bottle available in Miami for 4.99 and here in TN for 6.99.

We used to figure it that way until they introduced the wine package. We now buy that. Here is an example: one of our fav cheap wines here is $8.00 a bottle, add the $15 corkage if we bring it on and we are talking $23 plus tax of about 8%. That same wine is in the lower priced wine package with is $94 for 4 bottles: $27 per bottle plus 15%, but it is a heck of a lot easier than lugging a bunch of wine from home to the ship. If you live near the port that is a little different.

Edited by newmexicoNita

What about buckets of beer? I thought I heard that this was not going to be offered as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Not sure where you heard that, but I've not seen it mentioned anywhere. I'd be very surprised if they stopped them, it's a great way for them to sell more bottles.