Ft Lauderdale Hotels

graby5401

We like the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach. Free airport shuttle. Free port shuttle. Free breakfast. Free WiFi.

Clarea, I booked this hotel yesterday ...such a great price! $109 with all that included..Thanks for the heads up. I heard it was undergoing renovations at this moment..I hope they are done by August. All I really care about is that it is clean. Can you tell me if there are any grocery stores or someplace we can pick up wine and last minute items close to the hotel? Thanks!

Clarea, I booked this hotel yesterday ...such a great price! $109 with all that included..Thanks for the heads up. I heard it was undergoing renovations at this moment..I hope they are done by August. All I really care about is that it is clean. Can you tell me if there are any grocery stores or someplace we can pick up wine and last minute items close to the hotel? Thanks!

I believe there is either a mall or large shopping center within walking distance. Also, the best place to buy wine is Total Wine in the Harbor Shops on the way to the port. You can place your order on the web and they will have it waiting, to minimize taxi waiting time.

I also read that the Springhill does not have a free shuttle to the port anymore, so that may cost a few dollars per person if you choose that instead of a taxi. We use a taxi for around $20 -$25 so we can stop at the wine store.

There is a BJ's within walking distance from Springhill Suites in Dania beach. It's across Stirling Rd. I've heard they allow wine sales without a membership. There's also a Walgreens for other last minute things. I know some of the hotel shuttles in the area will drop you off places if you only want to walk one way or take a cab back.

I believe there is either a mall or large shopping center within walking distance. Also, the best place to buy wine is Total Wine in the Harbor Shops on the way to the port. You can place your order on the web and they will have it waiting, to minimize taxi waiting time.

I also read that the Springhill does not have a free shuttle to the port anymore, so that may cost a few dollars per person if you choose that instead of a taxi. We use a taxi for around $20 -$25 so we can stop at the wine store.

There is a BJ's within walking distance from Springhill Suites in Dania beach. It's across Stirling Rd. I've heard they allow wine sales without a membership. There's also a Walgreens for other last minute things. I know some of the hotel shuttles in the area will drop you off places if you only want to walk one way or take a cab back.

I called the hotel yesterday and they said they do not charge a fee for the shuttle to the port..only if a return trip to the hotel is booked.

Thank you both for the info on the shops..I really appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
Looking for Recommendations on Hotels In Ft Lauderdale!:)

Any Suggestions?

Thanks!!:)

Totally recommend this hotel - it's a boutique style hotel with awesome service, accomodations and amenities.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got bumped from our post cruise flight until tomorrow morning. This helped us out a lot. I'm calling and hoping to book Springhill Suites now! Looks like it also has laundry I can do with our 'extra' time since we have no clean clothes.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I just have to add that of all the choices you've been given, by far the Lago Mar is the best. You just cannot put a value on the beach and the resort.

If can swing it monetarily, skip all the other suggestions and go with the Lago Mar.

I just checked Expedia...1,067 for the night!! :eek:

We are staying there in May. Are there good restaurants around that area?.

Springhill is not in a very gourmet part of town. Hollywood Ale House and Las Vegas Cuban are in walking distance. There are a bunch of fast food and other chains nearby too.

Ha Ha ha, after re-reading the post it dawned on me it made no sense.

In any case I am a Starwood guy, so I like to stay there when we are able. The Sheraton looks nice, appears to be close to the airport and port...

Is it a nice hotel and are there places to eat within walking distance?

And is the beach really right there? Or is this a National Lampoon vacation episode waiting to happen?

Looking for Recommendations on Hotels In Ft Lauderdale!:)

Any Suggestions?

Thanks!!:)

We just stayed at the Hyatt House in Ft. Lauderdale- a good value and decent location. We had a one bedroom room that had a living/kitchen combo in addition to the bedroom.

Ha Ha ha, after re-reading the post it dawned on me it made no sense.

In any case I am a Starwood guy, so I like to stay there when we are able. The Sheraton looks nice, appears to be close to the airport and port...

Is it a nice hotel and are there places to eat within walking distance?

And is the beach really right there? Or is this a National Lampoon vacation episode waiting to happen?

That's ok...I see it was your first post and at least you figured out how to!:D

Sheraton is nice enough but not fancy. 2 of the buildings are on the beach but another is across the street. There is a Mexican restaurant in the hotel. Bahia Cabana is across the street on the marina and is extremely casual where you eat at picnic tables and benches, overlooking the yachts. If you want finer dining, 3030 is about a block or so away at the Marriott. Starwood also has W and Westin hotels about a mile or so away across the street from the beach. You can walk to other restaurants from there. The W is the newest and most upscale of the 3. It has a really nice pool deck.

Thanks very much.

So if I follow correctly the Sheraton is actually on the beach (or at least some of it) and the other two are nicer but across the street?

I am trying to avoid taking the family to a "convention" hotel, which is fine for me but not so much for the kids.

Thanks very much.

So if I follow correctly the Sheraton is actually on the beach (or at least some of it) and the other two are nicer but across the street?

I am trying to avoid taking the family to a "convention" hotel, which is fine for me but not so much for the kids.

Correct. Sheraton has some rooms right on the beach. Westin was an old Sheraton that was shut down and completely renovated about 5 yrs ago. Westin has a bridge from the hotel to the beach so you don't have to cross the street. W is more of an adult hotel...you can see right through the shower from the room, unless you get a family room or multi-room suite. There is also another Westin in the north end of Fort Lauderdale in a business park, so avoid that one. Avoid the Airport Sheraton, as it's more of a business hotel/conference center.

Just stayed at the Sheraton Beach last week- We were in the beach tower and it was great. Beautiful beach views (but no balcony) The hotel is older but from what we saw it was in good shape and clean. We wanted to be on the beach after seeing snow for 6 months lol and that part was awesome.All of the staff were just great as well. They even gave us $30 off our room because it wasn't ready exactly when they told us it would be, Just walked out of the hotel and onto Fort Lauderdale beach. Nice pool bar as well. We went to the Mexican restaurant for a snack but walked over to the Bahia Cabana for dinner as well as breakfast the next morning.

We just stayed at the Hyatt House in Ft. Lauderdale- a good value and decent location. We had a one bedroom room that had a living/kitchen combo in addition to the bedroom.

Cruise a holic,

I am trying to find out information on Celebrity's Every Night Specialty Restaurant package and I can see from another string that you have done it. I am on the Eclipse in two weeks and would like to ask some questions. My email is TWGilmore78@gmail.com if you can help me. Thanks