Water

chellebabe

On our last RC cruise we watched passengers carry cases of water on board right at check in. I'm guessing they are okay with this??;)

It depends on the port and the date of the sailing. Officially, the answer is no water... but it is usually allowed, except for possibly during spring break.

I have successfully brought original shrink-wrapped cases (or bundles) of water onboard just about all of my cruises. I just slap a luggage tag or 2 on the bundle and give it to the porters. A couple of times there were a bottle or 2 missing which I attribute to either a thirsty porter or the line checking to make sure that it was water, not contraband.

good luck

Steve

Although experienced travelers use a filter pitcher instead of lugging around heavy, expensive, environmentally-unfriendly bottled water, you'll see lots of people going this route. It can't be for the convenience, as you can have water delivered directly to your room. It can't be because of cost, because a filter-pitcher is so much cheaper than bottled water. It's a mystery why people spend a lot of money on something that's not convenient.

Although experienced travelers use a filter pitcher instead of lugging around heavy, expensive, environmentally-unfriendly bottled water, you'll see lots of people going this route. It can't be for the convenience, as you can have water delivered directly to your room. It can't be because of cost, because a filter-pitcher is so much cheaper than bottled water. It's a mystery why people spend a lot of money on something that's not convenient.

Yeah, it's so expensive. I spent $4 for a case of Poland Spring water today. :rolleyes:

Edited by Yorkvillain

I do it because just about all we drink all day and night is water and I think it is more sanitary to have a fresh bottle every day instead of trying to sufficiently wash a reusable bottle. At home we don't worry about this because our bottles go through the dishwasher daily. I have no trouble with the ship water and refill using it. The next day we all start out with a fresh bottle again.

I take bottled water on board.

I am fine with the taste of the ships water form drinking sources ie. form a bar or restaurant- it is excellent (no need to filter). But I find that I don't drink enough in the early part of the day unless I have a bottle with me - And I don't seem to enjoy the water so much from the bathroom tap. Word is that the bathroom water has a slightly higher salt content. And I sure don't want that!

Raina

We've never brought water aboard...the ship's water is fine, and included! I see no reason to throw my back out, for something that is there for the taking! The water in your cabin is the same water that your ice, drinks and food are made with.....the only thing...it will NEVER "run cold"....so put ice in it....it's delicious!

Edited by cb at sea