Cheap water question

thechunman

New to Celebrity so pardon me for the dumb question.

I don't drink alcohol and have given up on all sugary drinks. I just need plain water to survive. If I refuse to pay for bottle water, am I going to die of thirst on a Celebrity boat? Do they serve tap water in the dining room? Just seems like every post that talks about drinks involved bottle water.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, you can have tap water in the dining room. It is available at the buffet and by the pool too at no charge with ice. the tap water in your room can be drank also, have your room steward leave you a bucket of ice when he makes up and turns down your room.

Cheers, h.

New to Celebrity so pardon me for the dumb question.

I don't drink alcohol and have given up on all sugary drinks. I just need plain water to survive. If I refuse to pay for bottle water, am I going to die of thirst on a Celebrity boat? Do they serve tap water in the dining room? Just seems like every post that talks about drinks involved bottle water.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, they do serve tap water at the restaurants. The tap water on board ship is very safe to drink. We drink the tap water, as do most people on the cruises.

The ships have desalinization plants that provide water that generally doesn't have a bad taste.

Edited by 4774Papa
error

Water on a ship meets a higher standard than any you can buy. The self-serve dispensers in the buffets, and the water served at meals in the dining room are pure and excellent. Tap water in your cabin bathroom is fine, as well, but it is usually not as cold as you might get at home. You can add ice, provided in your cabin, to chill it. There is no reason to use bottled water.

Have always drank the tap water on board. From the tap, dispensers, from the ice, in their coffee both the free stuff and the coffee in the coffee shop, in the iced tea, and etc

Consumed it in their soup, baked goods, ice cream, gelato, juices and etc. Those that claim it isn't any good and wouldn't drink it would starve on board.

You can fill up a container using a dispenser but they want you to fill it using a glass instead of filling directly from the dispenser for sanitary reason.

Have even showered with it.

It has to meet safe water drinking standards and probalby exceeds it.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅🍸🍻

We also drink the free water on the ship and it tastes fine to us.

I don't think that I could even tell the difference between it and bottled water in a blind taste test.

Until recently, Celebrity would routinely place a pitcher of drinking water and an ice bucket in all the cabins, and they were refilled twice each day .

On our most recent cruises, however, we were informed that they are now provided upon request.

So just ask your stateroom attendant for the water pitcher and ice bucket and you will be fine.

There should be clean drinking glasses provided with them as well.

Free cold drinking water is also still available in the dining room and at the buffet and at all restaurants and bars.

Edited by fleckle