Owner's Suite worth the price difference?

pcutrone

I was looking at booking two owner's suites and a connecting balcony. However, they are priced much, much higher than the grand suites. I know they are on the hump and GS aren't, so the balconies won't be as deep, but are they really worth the massive price increase? It would cost about $6,000 more to book two OS over two GS. Anyone that has stayed in either, I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks! Have you stayed in either? I haven't so I don't have much to compare it to. I stayed in the Royal Family Suite and loved the large, deep balcony, but $6,000 is a lot of money I could spend on other things!

Thanks! Have you stayed in either? I haven't so I don't have much to compare it to. I stayed in the Royal Family Suite and loved the large, deep balcony, but $6,000 is a lot of money I could spend on other things!

We've stayed in a GS a couple of times, but never stayed in an OS. However, I've seen a few OS staterooms, and while they are very nice, I just don't see as they are worth $3000 more than a GS. Basically, with the OS you get more space, a full size dining table inside the stateroom, separate shower and bathtub, and a bidet.

If I might add that we've stayed in both which were the result of an upgrade. Of the 2, the GS cabin has the most efficient layout........BUT, the walk-in shower in the OS is a real treat and eliminates having to step into a tub that is too high to begin with.

Edited by cruisenfever

The owners suite is amazing, but the balcony is very small compared to others. I loved the bathroom, dining area, and living room. I would enjoy staying in one again, but not $6,000 more. We have also paid a little extra to book a family suite for 6, but that huge balcony was a great perk. We could have other people (family) visit and plan things with us because of the extra room. Nothing like two bedrooms, a living room and a huge balcony (with a table, 4 chairs and four loungers).

I'm currently booked in the Royal Family Suite on the Oasis, which we just stayed in on the Allure. I LOVED that cabin, but with 6 of us, it got a little tight at times as far as getting ready, etc. If it had one additional bathroom or if the second bathroom was larger, it would be worth it. That balcony is VERY hard to give up, which is why I was looking at the OS. The balconies on the GS seem very, very small compared to the OS and RFS. Thank you, everyone for the feedback. I appreciate all of your thoughts and suggestions!

pcutrone,

Which ship are you considering? The size varies.

We enjoyed being in an OS on Mariner of the Seas and once on Adventure of the Seas.

We discovered there is a big (excuse the pun :p) difference in the size of the OS suite and balcony on Mariner and the Adventure. The Mariner was much larger.

Mariner: 583 sq ft.; Balcony: 157 sq ft.

Adventure: 559 sq ft.; Balcony: 90 sq ft.

Happy cruising!.

Edited by JimAOk1945

pcutrone,

Which ship are you considering? The size varies.

We enjoyed being in an OS on Mariner of the Seas and once on Adventure of the Seas.

We discovered there is a big (excuse the pun :p) difference in the size of the OS suite and balcony on Mariner and the Adventure. The Mariner was much larger.

Mariner: 583 sq ft.; Balcony: 157 sq ft.

Adventure: 559 sq ft.; Balcony: 90 sq ft.

Happy cruising!.

She said that it's the Oasis. :)

I'm currently booked in the Royal Family Suite on the Oasis, which we just stayed in on the Allure. I LOVED that cabin, but with 6 of us, it got a little tight at times as far as getting ready, etc. If it had one additional bathroom or if the second bathroom was larger, it would be worth it. That balcony is VERY hard to give up, which is why I was looking at the OS. The balconies on the GS seem very, very small compared to the OS and RFS. Thank you, everyone for the feedback. I appreciate all of your thoughts and suggestions!

How are the six of you "distributed"?

In an Owner's Suite, unless they changed it on the Oasis, the large bed does NOT break down into two twin beds.

That is very good information to know! If the bed doesn't split, that would be an issue for one of the cabins. It is my sister, myself, our parents and two kids, ages 13 and 10 by the time we sail next February. We will be sailing on the Oasis.

That is very good information to know! If the bed doesn't split, that would be an issue for one of the cabins. It is my sister, myself, our parents and two kids, ages 13 and 10 by the time we sail next February. We will be sailing on the Oasis.

Yes, that's one of those little pieces of information that RC won't tell you. Mainly because most if not all of their agents don't know it! :p

As I wrote, they MAY have changed things on the Oasis.

I hope that someone who has had an OS on the Oasis will respond to your thread.

I'm in the same boat as Bob... No pun intended.

I've stayed in a GS and have been in an OS as well. I would pay an additional few hundred dollars for the bigger balcony and also for the real shower and bath tub that's in the bathrooms.

But anything over a couple hundred dollars I don't see it being worth it. Especially the $6,000 price difference. :eek:

I know i'll be able to share more after my cruise in April, as a wedding anniversary gift I upgraded what my wife thinks is a balcony room to an owners suite because we've never cruised in a suite before. My parents and family have stayed in Jr and Grand suites before so we knew what those looked like and came with. This will be different and we will be able to see if it's worth the money or not!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

If your parents are agile enough to climb into a deep tub (shower is over tub in GS) save the money. If not go for the OS which has a separate shower cubicle.

Definitely agree with the deep tub situation. Our family is what you would call vertically challenged and getting in and out of that tub was often an adventure. Not sure why they were made that way but the diminutive crowd (or those that have balance/agility issues) certainly wasn't considered. :eek:

Edited by joepeka

Thanks for all the responses. You have definitely given me something to think about. Believe it or not, I'm actually leaning towards an Aqua Theatre suite now because we really appreciate spending a lot of time on the balcony and those are huge. My parents are in their early/mid 60's, but very agile!

We were in a GS on Adventure and an OS on Voyager. If the difference were less, I'd say go for the OS. But $6k is a lot! The OS cabin is more spacious, however the OS on Voyager had a smaller balcony. The biggest difference to me, though, was the OS bathroom! In the GS you have a tub/shower combination. (Yes, the tub is a bit high and stepping in can be a challenge.) The OS has a bathroom that I can only describe as MAGNIFICENT. It had a Jacuzzi tub, a glass shower stall, and a bidet. But a picture is worth 1000 words, right?:D It was a wonderful suite, but I don't think I'd fork over $6k more for it. (SOB!::o) I hate to say that because I LOVED that OS bathroom!:p See below...

Judy

DSCN1769.jpg

DSCN1764.jpg

Edited by foxgoodrich

Thanks for sharing those pics! That is an AMAZING bathroom! I have almost 100% decided to go with the aquatheater suite. Just waiting to hear back from my TA to see if the A1's are available. The owner's suites are gorgeous, but I can't pass up that balcony on the ATS! I more than greatly appreciate all the feedback! Thanks again!!

Whichever you go for don't forget that those in the balcony will not be able to join you in the concierge lounge unless they are D+ or Pinnacle.

They can put the two kids in the balcony and then they will be able to go with their parents to the CL.

I was looking at booking two owner's suites and a connecting balcony. However, they are priced much, much higher than the grand suites. I know they are on the hump and GS aren't, so the balconies won't be as deep, but are they really worth the massive price increase? It would cost about $6,000 more to book two OS over two GS. Anyone that has stayed in either, I would appreciate the feedback.

I have stayed in both, and NO it is not worth $3000 more per OS over GS.