Veterans OBC

Roce48

Yes, I agree completely!

We enjoy sailing on RC but would like to see the OBC and discount cruise prices on all bookings as Princess offers.

I have started suggesting it on the comment cards we get at the end of each cruise as well as the on-line survey emails I receive after we return home from each cruise. It might also do some good if veterans would suggest it nicely on the RC Facebook page.

Maybe if veterans would start doing this, we could make it happen.

Thoughts anyone?

Thoughts anyone?

nobody owes us anything for serving. ..If it is offered out of the goodness of their hearts, fine. if not I do not feel cheated or put out that one company does and another doesn't. if it is a deal breaker, stick with Princess.

nobody owes us anything for serving. ..If it is offered out of the goodness of their hearts, fine. if not I do not feel cheated or put out that one company does and another doesn't. if it is a deal breaker, stick with Princess.

Strange response from you.

Did I say that someone owed me something, or was cheating me out of something?

And, thank you for your help suggestion about my future cruise choices, but I don't need your help, nor did I ask for it.:)

My cruise line choice is my own just as yours is your choice.

My family and I have sailed on RC four times (see my sig below) and have another coming up next year that I just booked yesterday.

That's just one of the freedoms (yours as well as mine) I put on the uniform for!

Edited by JimAOk1945

Got a military discount today on Oasis for 18 Apr 15. We also feel that our service doesn't entitle us to a discount but we certainly are glad to take them when offered.

Never cruised with Princess but knowing they give an OBC for vets is kind of nice. Might have to try them soon.

Got a military discount today on Oasis for 18 Apr 15. We also feel that our service doesn't entitle us to a discount but we certainly are glad to take them when offered.

Never cruised with Princess but knowing they give an OBC for vets is kind of nice. Might have to try them soon.

I agree. I view the discount as appreciation for our service.

First and most important: a big THANK YOU to all who have served, who are serving, and to their families.

We have been able to use military rates for some RCCL trips as DH is a veteran.

Personally, I would prefer for there to be military pricing on all cruises, as RCCL no longer allows combining OBC types (promo, shareholders, etc.).

Of course, if military OBC was made combinable, that problem goes away. ;)

Wendy

When I joined the service in 1970 it was because it was my duty and honor to serve. I never considered, and still don't, that I am entitled to anything. Maybe I expected those things I earned or was promised, though. If a business decides to be kind enough to give me a cruise credit or break in price for something, I guess that's OK, but I would never ask. After 40 years I was speechless when someone thanked me for my service for the first time and I wasn't sure how to respond. Suffice it to say that it's been nice to just hear the kind words for once. :)

When I joined the service in 1970 it was because it was my duty and honor to serve. I never considered, and still don't, that I am entitled to anything. Maybe I expected those things I earned or was promised, though. If a business decides to be kind enough to give me a cruise credit or break in price for something, I guess that's OK, but I would never ask. After 40 years I was speechless when someone thanked me for my service for the first time and I wasn't sure how to respond. Suffice it to say that it's been nice to just hear the kind words for once. :)

Add another thank you and respect to you from me. My father served during that time in a small village that probably isn't even on a map now (or it's a vacation resort now...seriously). He speaks the same way you do and likely thinks the same way as well. The man had incurred body damages from napalm and refuses any 'disability' from it. Way off CC topic but I won't pass up a chance to let those know you are not forgotten, you are not alone.

Brig

For the sake of justice I do hope that RCCL goes away with the US/CAN military discounts. They are a gross discrimination to us other than US/Can military who by the way serve shoulder by shoulder in harms way, loosing our lives and limbs as well and do not get the discount. I have inquired at Mr Goldstein and asked for the same discounts for NATO militaries with no success. I served 38 years together with my US colleagues for a good cause. RCCL is an international operating cruise line and should avoid discrimination of passengers!

For the sake of justice I do hope that RCCL goes away with the US/CAN military discounts. They are a gross discrimination to us other than US/Can military who by the way serve shoulder by shoulder in harms way, loosing our lives and limbs as well and do not get the discount. I have inquired at Mr Goldstein and asked for the same discounts for NATO militaries with no success. I served 38 years together with my US colleagues for a good cause. RCCL is an international operating cruise line and should avoid discrimination of passengers!

As a military vet myself with 28 years in the British Army, it is always great to get a discount where possible. Like others, I do not see a discount based on my military service as an entitlement. It would be great if RCCL did apply an international veteran discount but could it lead to 'old soldiers' from formerly opposing sides arguing in the lounge about the size of their discount? :)

On combining deals, I got the military discount AND 150.00 WOW onboard credit. My TA had to fight for it as the initial RCCL rep insisted you couldn't combine. She went up the ladder a few steps and showed them where it wasn't prohibited. This is where having a good TA really helps and knows the ropes.

Here, here. I spent 20 years in the Navy to serve my country. I don't expect lower fares or discounts on products. I am delighted and enjoy if one is given (and I have got a few for cruises, thank you Royal :)) but there has never been the expectation of preferential treatment.

And I will echo what you have said, even after 40 years, a heartfelt handshake and a thank you is still well received. :)

You make a good point, if they are going to extend this bonus (and that is what I see it as) to those us veterans in the US and our friends north, it should indeed be given to our brethren in other nations.

FYI:)

6 days or less = $50

7-13 days = $100

14+ days = $250

to OP.. you will notice a lot of the CCs with higher post counts have evidently drank the RCI kool ade. if RCI told them to line up and jwalk the gang plant they would fight over who could be first in line. my Uncle Sam decided I needed to serve in 1969. being in the wrong position in line got me a trip to Paris Island instead of to an Army base. I thought it sucked real bad at the time.. going to RVN instead of partying with the rich kids at college,, but now that I'm getting a tax free check every month, free medical, Rx, hearing aids, glasses. I don't care if any business offers me stuff.. but if one does and one doesn't it sure makes my choice easier. I read on here about Mom talking their kids over 18 on cruises and wonder if they should allow them to scratch.. no wonder kids are still living at home at 25+. IMO they should bring back the draft. Don't ant military? the VA could use volunteers.

every kid graduating HS should be given this book..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0989190390/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0989190390&linkCode=as2&tag=stucosuccess-20

If not for the Men and Women who have served and those who currently serve, we could not sail those beautiful seas safely.

(DH currently serves -7 yrs USMC and 13 yrs USAF Reserve)

On previous sailings w/CCL, we got a very nice Military discount. RCCL offered Military discount for our upcoming April sailing on Allure. We don't care where a discount, or OBC comes from because the bottom line for ALL of us is the best price offered.

Happy sailing!

When I got back from Vietnam in 1968 there were some people (and I do say some) calling us names and spitting at us. Much of our country (not all of it) partially turned their backs on Veterans of that war due to it's unpopularity.

Today Lowes, cruise lines, local food chains, etc offer discounts to Veterans. But the best part is when they say "Thank You for my service to our Country. That makes me feel good!! I would like to (and do) thank those that are showing recognition to us!! Veterans, please make sure you thank them for their generous offers of appreciation.

On combining deals, I got the military discount AND 150.00 WOW onboard credit. My TA had to fight for it as the initial RCCL rep insisted you couldn't combine. She went up the ladder a few steps and showed them where it wasn't prohibited. This is where having a good TA really helps and knows the ropes.

First and foremost. Thanks to all our veterans around the world.

I recently booked a cruise for retired military friends of ours. I'm not a travel agent. The other day the were showing OBC for our upcoming cruise. I called and had no problem with them adding it to his military discount. I use to have a good travel agent, however she moved up the ranks in the company and no longer does bookings and I have been doing them ever since.

Edited by rock the boat

I never chose to serve so I could get a discount or a thank you.

I did what I thought was the right thing to do:o

I appreciate when I get a discount of any kind on my cruise. Whether it be Military or resident or soon to be old age:eek:

I do like that Princess gives OBC to us Vets

but I don't get a balcony discount when I cruise on Princess like I do on RCL

So I think each cruiseline has some great perks

to OP.. you will notice a lot of the CCs with higher post counts have evidently drank the RCI kool ade. if RCI told them to line up and jwalk the gang plant they would fight over who could be first in line. my Uncle Sam decided I needed to serve in 1969. being in the wrong position in line got me a trip to Paris Island instead of to an Army base. I thought it sucked real bad at the time.. going to RVN instead of partying with the rich kids at college,, but now that I'm getting a tax free check every month, free medical, Rx, hearing aids, glasses. I don't care if any business offers me stuff.. but if one does and one doesn't it sure makes my choice easier. I read on here about Mom talking their kids over 18 on cruises and wonder if they should allow them to scratch.. no wonder kids are still living at home at 25+. IMO they should bring back the draft. Don't ant military? the VA could use volunteers.

every kid graduating HS should be given this book..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0989190390/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0989190390&linkCode=as2&tag=stucosuccess-20

Wow, that came out of left field.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app