? about changing cabin after final payment

I am booked in a JS. Final payment is gone by. Now there is a Guarantee Suite for $35 more. There are JS available and GS available.

So my question is can I change my reservation to guarantee and pay $35 more? Is it worth it to take a guarantee in hopes of getting a GS?

I figure at the least I will have the JS I already have or stand a chance of getting a GS.

What would you do??

Thanks for any input

I am booked in a JS. Final payment is gone by. Now there is a Guarantee Suite for $35 more. There are JS available and GS available.

So my question is can I change my reservation to guarantee and pay $35 more? Is it worth it to take a guarantee in hopes of getting a GS?

I figure at the least I will have the JS I already have or stand a chance of getting a GS.

What would you do??

Thanks for any input

Going from a "JS" to a "W" would be considered a downgrade, and not allowed after final payment without penalty.

If the suite guarantee category is something other than a "W", then it would be allowed, subject to potential new booking restriction.

Edited by clarea

Going from a "JS" to a "W" would be considered a downgrade, and not allowed after final payment without penalty.

If the suite guarantee category is something other than a "W", then it would be allowed, subject to potential new booking restriction.

So just out of curiosity about what the penalty would be, I called Royal and talked to a vacation planner. She looked at my reservation and told me that yes they could change me to the guarantee for the $34+. Did not say there was any penalty for it. Just said that they could do it as long as it was not for less money.

Still thinking about it...

yes or a chance at better. When I booked this cruise, I got an awesome deal. The JS cabins have been averaging $1500- 1900 more than what I paid.

I know I could end up with the same but where I got such a good deal I wouldn't mind paying $35 more for a chance at a GS..

Do you like the location of your cabin?

Also, are there any Handicapped JS cabins left?

I can almost guarantee you that if they are not taken....that is what you will get....I speak from experience.