Invitation from Celebrity to reception in Dallas

constantcruiser

We received an invitation from Celebrity to attend an event in Dallas targeted toward their "Top Tier" clients. Did anyone else receive this invitation? I wonder (hope with all my heart!) if they might be considering bringing a ship to Galveston or Houston again. Maybe they're trying to get a feel for how much interest there would be among Dallas frequent cruisers?? Or is this something they do periodically in other cities just as a marketing tool?

We received an invitation from Celebrity to attend an event in Dallas targeted toward their "Top Tier" clients. Did anyone else receive this invitation? I wonder (hope with all my heart!) if they might be considering bringing a ship to Galveston or Houston again. Maybe they're trying to get a feel for how much interest there would be among Dallas frequent cruisers?? Or is this something they do periodically in other cities just as a marketing tool?

Are you zenith?

We are Select. We will be Elite after our next cruise this May. Certainly not one of the top dogs but we may try and attend the event.

If you get to attend, have fun and report back!

Edited by BuddyR

Darn, I guess I should have signed up for the emails:eek:.

Booked a cruise on Royal after having not sailed on them for 3 years, must have given them my email address as I now get 1-2 emails every day from them. Have 5 cruises booked on Celebrity get no marketing emails from them:), but also no invite to the party:(.

We received that email yesterday as well. It sounds interesting and I wonder if Celebrity is doing this in other parts if the country as well.

Julie

We received an invitation like this last summer for an event in Chicago. We went and had a great time! It was held at an outdoor mall in Skokie;; they had a roped off area for those attending and you entered through a particular entry where they checked off your name on a list. Had a great set up; had Junior Merino there; he is the man behind the drinks in the Molecular Bar. They had lots of small bites of some of their dishes from the Tuscan Grill and other venues; and they also served champagne (Veuve Clicquot!), wine and other drinks as well. Lots of people were there. There was even a display set up with some of the "recliners" that are found in the Aqua Spa relaxation room and tables set up as they would be for dining in Blu. I think you'd have a good time; if you go, come back here and let us know how it was, please.

We got the email too! We are not Elite yet either, but our next sailing will get us there. This is the body of the invite:

"As one of our valued Captain's Club members, we're excited to invite you and up to three guests to an exclusive gathering at the beautiful Dallas Arboretum on

March 13, 2014.

We will be entertaining our most loyal guests at the art deco-inspired Alexander Camp House, where you'll enjoy live entertainment, plenty of food and beverages, and the latest on exclusive offers for our Captain's Club members.

And with the search button not working there will be duplicate threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1999890

Edited by wallie5446

So good to hear from you Lois. I saw on your posts that you just came off of the Century and are going back again in August. The Century was our first Celebrity cruise with our family in 1998, and first cruise since our honeymoon cruise in 1985 on the Cunard Couness. I have the best memories of that ship and would love to be able to sail her one last time. I don't know if it will be possible. So glad you have had the opportunity to sail on her.

I am going to try and attend the Celebrity event here in Dallas. If I do, I will report back.

We got the email too! We are not Elite yet either, but our next sailing will get us there. This is the body of the invite:

"As one of our valued Captain's Club members, we're excited to invite you and up to three guests to an exclusive gathering at the beautiful Dallas Arboretum on

March 13, 2014.

We will be entertaining our most loyal guests at the art deco-inspired Alexander Camp House, where you'll enjoy live entertainment, plenty of food and beverages, and the latest on exclusive offers for our Captain's Club members.

And with the search button not working there will be duplicate threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1999890

Hi Wallie, hope you go as well:D

Hi Wallie, hope you go as well:D

We got the invitation as well, and we are also going to be elite after our next cruise in 4 weeks. Already signed up for the party. :)

Lois, welcome home! Sounded like you had a wonderful time on Century with a lot of CC folks. We are looking forward to going, will take pic's, and let ya know.

Lois, FYI,

Celebrity is throwing one of their parties on The Treasure Coast in Florida. It's called Christmas In July, and Celebrity chose the event to benefit The Christmas House, on July 25th, there will be a "Christmas House Win a Celebrity Cruise" Raffle. I will let you know when I find out any more information, and when the raffle tickets go on sale.

Is there a pattern here? Almost all who have posted are close to Elite, but not there yet;)

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, BUT rather to SKID In BROADSIDE, completely used up, totally worn out, and SCREAMING "WOW---WHAT A RIDE!!"

We have a running friend in Garland who has the same Mantra on her FB page! Look forward to meeting you at the party.

We've been elite for a number of years, and this is the first time we've received an invitation to an event like this. But since Celebrity did a similar one in Chicago, I guess it's not an indication that they may be thinking of bringing a ship back to Texas. Oh well, it will still give us a chance to voice our opinion on the subject!

We received the same invitation. Sounds like a really nice event in a great venue. Unfortunately, (yet also fortunately, I guess) we will be on board the Xpedition cruising the Galapagos on that date! Still would have loved to attend. Thank you Celebrity.