Someone make me feel better about purchasing the drink package

thanks for your nice comment :D i know the whole limit with this package of drinks 10 and under...what drinks are above that price??? like does this include special cocktails or only like...your 'this' and 'that' (vodka and cran, jack and coke...etc)

Also realize that that is not a hard cap. You can get a 12.00 drink for 2.00 for instance. This has been verified in previous threads and from RCCI.

I debated and then just plunked down the cash for the wife and I. Still not convinced I will break even (hard to make up for a day or 2 you don't drink much) but worth the peace of mind of not nickle and diming every drink decision.

People seem to stress about this a lot. I say if you think you'll drink that much, buy the package. Maybe you won't quite get you money's worth but so what? By the same token, if you don't get it and realize later it would have been a bit cheaper, no big deal. It's like investing, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose but if you make you best decision each time then over the course of decades you should come out ahead. (And when I say you I mean however makes your investment decisions.)

As a disclaimer I do work with a liver transplant program that is looking to grow. ;)

Edited by DrD

They rely on honor and integrity meaning it will change soon.

Thats funny, lets hope it doesn't change. I would like to get the high end one for me and the cheaper one for my wife, since all she drinks is house wine and gin.

YUP! I consider myself a somewhat big drinker. more so when I am with my buddies.

I contemplated getting the drink package on our last cruise but at the time it was stateroom specific and I KNEW my wife wouldn't drink her allotted amount of drinks to make it even close to worth it.

Long story short, I was happy I didn't get it. I think 9 out of 10 times, if your just drinking whatever you want your not going to go over 7 drinks a day. Unless your in your younger 20s and your with your college buddies.

plus you gotta factor in the days your in port.

I will say, it is slightly more appealing to get now that everyone in the stateroom is not required to get it.

Agreed. If I were going on a 4-5 night cruise with at least one of the ports being Labadee/Coco Cay and a sea day, I would jump all over the drink package, but on a 7-night cruise with 4 ports, excursions which have open bars, a plan to bring two wine bottles on board, expectation of at least one or two more bottles as gifts from family (it's a honeymoon cruise), and C&A events which include beverages, it just would be overkill for us this time. Sure, there will be 1-2 days we spend over $55pp with tips, but definitely not enough to make up for the days we spend well below that on alcohol on board.

I am considering doing the 5-bottle wine & dine package on board, though. If we stick to the pricier selections mainly, it is a great savings (and the two of us can easily polish off all those bottles plus the ones we bring on in 7 days).

We, easily, spend $1K for a 7 day cruise and we are far from drinking too much. It depends on your style of drinking, I guess. We drink 3-4 glasses of wine at supper which is more than a bottle of wine. Then, you add the beer and umbrella drinks at the pool, before dinner drinks, and then after supper we've tend to close the clubs.

I think you were wise to but the drink package.Have fun.:p

So, now one person in a cabin can get it and another person doesn't have to? That makes the decision a lot easier. How do they manage the control and keep someone from buying drinks for other people?

I thought both people had to buy a package each and no sharing was allowed????

Late last year, Royal removed the requirement that all guests in a stateroom had to purchase the package.

Late last year, Royal removed the requirement that all guests in a stateroom had to purchase the package.

The requirement for all guest was removed but NO SHARING :D

The requirement for all guest was removed but NO SHARING :D

yea so it be annoying to try and buy each other drinks with one package....and at dinner or at the club it would be even harder to do such a thing so i just purchased a package each for both me and my gf lol

Agreed. If I were going on a 4-5 night cruise with at least one of the ports being Labadee/Coco Cay and a sea day, I would jump all over the drink package, but on a 7-night cruise with 4 ports, excursions which have open bars, a plan to bring two wine bottles on board, expectation of at least one or two more bottles as gifts from family (it's a honeymoon cruise), and C&A events which include beverages, it just would be overkill for us this time. Sure, there will be 1-2 days we spend over $55pp with tips, but definitely not enough to make up for the days we spend well below that on alcohol on board.

I am considering doing the 5-bottle wine & dine package on board, though. If we stick to the pricier selections mainly, it is a great savings (and the two of us can easily polish off all those bottles plus the ones we bring on in 7 days).

How many C&A events are on a 7 night cruise? We are considering buying either the $40.00 pkg or the 5 bottle wine pkg and bringing the 2 bottles aboard. I'm not a big drinker and was thinking that the wine along with the C&A parties we would have enough. I thought I remembered 2 parties.

I know I won't drink enough for the alcohol package but I am considering the Royal Replenish Package. How is the free coffee on the ship? I have had some really bad shipboard coffee and some good.

How many C&A events are on a 7 night cruise? We are considering buying either the $40.00 pkg or the 5 bottle wine pkg and bringing the 2 bottles aboard. I'm not a big drinker and was thinking that the wine along with the C&A parties we would have enough. I thought I remembered 2 parties.

One reception for all C&A, and another reception for Platinum and above. Plus the Captain's reception for all guests.

Dear OP if I could show you the scrapbook of DH & I first cruise it would make you feel MUCH better!! I kept (just about) every bar receipt ...talk about depressing :(

Now we will be doing our 6th cruise together and darn skippy we will be getting the packages!! Our Dd's and I will be getting the refresh packages( I barely drink alcohol) DH on the other hand will be getting the premium ;)!!

So much better than seeing that HUGE bill at the end!

Silly question, but if you pre-purchase the drink package, where/how do you get your coke cup? Although I'm more excited for the alcohol, the last one I got was really nice! Haha

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Silly question, but if you pre-purchase the drink package, where/how do you get your coke cup? Although I'm more excited for the alcohol, the last one I got was really nice! Haha

The cup will be in your stateroom.

I know I won't drink enough for the alcohol package but I am considering the Royal Replenish Package. How is the free coffee on the ship? I have had some really bad shipboard coffee and some good.

I added water to my coffee and I bring my own flavored powered creamer

AHHHHHHHHHHHH, someone make me feel better about purchasing this drink packages for me and my gf... i mean i know its 55 a day...well 110 a day...and I know it will be worth it...since we'll have a few drinks throughout the day as well as alot through out the night since me and the gf like to party ^___^... i guess im just looking at the bigger number, I have to pay which is 550 lolol... when i purchase online through royal carribean...do i pay right there with my card or do they bill me at end of cruise???

3-15-14 Liberty...anyone else on here going that isn't in the roll calls yet??

-Nick

We loved having the package last cruise and will buy again for our cruise in 3 weeks!!! Great deal. We challenged each other to try new drinks. We connected with one of the bartenders who just kept creating drinks for us. It was totally fun. Also hubby liked the fact that he didn't have to keep up with my frozen yum drinks!!! Totally made the cruise for us.

Well depending on how much you drink ;) it's a good deal. We purchased it on our cruise in Jan. and other then the Dom my hubby gets me we enjoyed not having the rather large bill at the end of the cruise.

My friend and I will be going in 12 days on the Enchantment to the Bahamas for the 4 day cruise and we were debating about the drink package and after going through all the posts we are on board for the drink package!

I do have one question though...

We have a stop in Coco Cay and I was wondering if anyone knows if the drinks on the private islands are included in the package. Any information is greatly apprediated!

My friend and I will be going in 12 days on the Enchantment to the Bahamas for the 4 day cruise and we were debating about the drink package and after going through all the posts we are on board for the drink package!

I do have one question though...

We have a stop in Coco Cay and I was wondering if anyone knows if the drinks on the private islands are included in the package. Any information is greatly apprediated!

Yes the packages are good on coco cay and labadee. Remember though that souvenir glassware is not included, so you may have to go up to a bar rather than grab one from a passing server.