Majesty and Indy review - Pics included.

We're loving your review and especially the photos.

Since we'll be on INDY in a couple of weeks...any INDY photos are especially enjoyable.

One question....noticed that your photos (liking your photographer's eye by the way - angles, frame content, etc.) seem to have a deep color saturation.

Was that a manual setting on your camera?

The reason I ask is that our new Canon Powershot has a setting for "vivid color" that emulates the same kind of deep color results - wondering if that's how you got that...or may be just the software you're using on your images. Just curious. Thanks.

Thanks for the compliment. I use a Nikon D3100 camera which by itself takes nice shots but what really deepens the blues and greens and takes out reflections in water and windows etc is the use of a polarising filter. Its a $50 add on that screws on over the lens. Its basically the same thing as putting on a pair of good sunglasses. Next time you put a pair of sunglasses on, take a minute to notice the difference in the colors - this is the same thing the polarising filter is doing. As far as software goes, I use Gimp, an open source version of Photoshop - I use it in Linux but versions are available for Windows as well - its free. Every picture you take with a digital camera needs one thing - sharpening and I sharpen every picture I take. I then touch up the colors a bit just to make them stand out a bit more but that's all I do. Pictures of the Indy will be showing up here soon - you'll love that ship. :-)

Edited by nbsjcruiser

Pictures are awesome... Would love to know what camera was used and if they were altered with any software? Please let us know the details...

Thanks - as I noted in another post, I use a Nikon D3100 with a polarising filter to get the nice rich colors then I sharpen and do a little post color fix up using Gimp. -> http://www.gimp.org/

Key West. One of my favorite stops. On this day it was hot and so we did a little tour on the trolley and then headed to South Beach at the end of Duval Street. Of course I hit up Kermits and had some frozen Key Lime pie. I don't have a lot of pictures from Key West since we were there in November and it was so hot I just left my camera in the room and enjoyed the day during the afternoon.

12975866644_012c0350e7_b.jpg

12975444605_4a264ebfba_b.jpg

12975861274_786ea14d89_b.jpg

12975577453_9e3558027b_b.jpg

12975576113_9a5b4029dc_b.jpg

12975855484_3a171efe67_b.jpg

Edited by nbsjcruiser

Thanks for the compliment. I use a Nikon D3100 camera which by itself takes nice shots but what really deepens the blues and greens and takes out reflections in water and windows etc is the use of a polarising filter. Its a $50 add on that screws on over the lens. Its basically the same thing as putting on a pair of good sunglasses. Next time you put a pair of sunglasses on, take a minute to notice the difference in the colors - this is the same thing the polarising filter is doing. As far as software goes, I use Gimp, an open source version of Photoshop - I use it in Linux but versions are available for Windows as well - its free. Every picture you take with a digital camera needs one thing - sharpening and I sharpen every picture I take. I then touch up the colors a bit just to make them stand out a bit more but that's all I do. Pictures of the Indy will be showing up here soon - you'll love that ship. :-)

Terrific info!!!

I had a twinkle of inkling a filter might be in play. Appreciate your info (and photos).

Thank you.

How's about a few Indy shots and maybe a couple sail away as well.

12989688733_a41b75da8a_b.jpg

12989690313_751ac236f5_b.jpg

The 70's street party was well done and fun

12989960694_bba6bc9534_b.jpg

12989566445_c8cc9e0996_b.jpg

Couple MDR shots

12989696343_a197dfca31_b.jpg

12989570175_49085eb206_b.jpg

Edited by nbsjcruiser

Your photos are stunning! Thanks so much for sharing, and brightening up my day. It's hard to believe that 4 weeks ago I was on Indy enjoying these views. Keep them coming please! Much better than looking out my office window at the dirty snow! :D

Thanks everyone for the comments. I'm glad you all like the pics.

Our next stop was Falmouth and I was a little hesitant about that stop to be honest but we booked a day at Red Stripe Beach and it turned out to be the nicest stop of the cruise as far as I'm concerned. It was hot but a nice ocean breeze really made the day feel wonderful.

13017800934_96a39859df_b.jpg

13017579013_888b8331fe_b.jpg

13017577623_4bc08f071e_b.jpg

13017576283_e3b05651b2_b.jpg

13017404805_61a231db72_b.jpg

13017572723_c8e4c8d455_b.jpg

[

Wow!!!

How far was Red Stripe from the port?

It was about 15 minutes drive. You need to purchase it on the ship as an excursion since its a 100% private beach area with locked gates and security. Really well worth the visit. I think it was only $26 per person.

Edited by nbsjcruiser