Does Princess Still Have a Platinum/Elite Lounge?

ready2cruzagain

If one person qualifies and their spouse does not, can she or he bring the spouse?

The spouse may or may not get in... on my last Sapphire cruise in January they checked cards very carefully. One night they didn't remember my husband and had him show his card. I guess Princess is cracking down on non qualifying passengers trying to get in.

If one person qualifies and their spouse does not, can she or he bring the spouse?

Yes.

I have never seen them inspect cruise cards although others have reported seeing that.

If they do inspect, explaining about the spouse would work.

However, if buying the drink of the day, use the qualifying cruise card to get the special price.

Do they have these lounges on the Australian Princess Fleet?

The short answer is no.:mad:

My guess is Princess Australia is just not interested in providing it.:(

If it can be provided on all USA based ships, why not OZ based ships.:confused:

On Caribbean Princess last month it was open from 5pm to 7 pm.

Be sure to talk with the wait staff. They seem to have more time to spend with you and have given us great tips about ports or interesting tidbits about the ship/crew.;)

On several past cruises we have sailed with our daughter-in-law (new cruiser so not elite) and she was always allowed in the lounge with us. In fact, we would often show up as a party of 5 and only the first person would show their card.

Our last cruise in Nov. we received a discount on whatever drink we had in skywalkers between 5 and 7 on the Crown. Even beer. If things have changed it was after that. We cruise this month on the Emerald, will be interesting to see if the rules have changed. We will still go there and drink what we like. Its a great place with a great view.

Be sure to talk with the wait staff. They seem to have more time to spend with you and have given us great tips about ports or interesting tidbits about the ship/crew.;)

So true. I don't know how they are assigned to this gig, but all of them seem very friendly and happy to answer all manner of questions.

Are kids allowed? Our 2 teens travel with us and are also Platinum. Would they be able to join us or is it adults only? No biggie either way.

I did see young teens with their parents in the elite lounge on our last cruise one evening. It was formal night and they looked adorable all dressed up!

Also the waiter was telling us stories of bad parents who bring their teens and try to order or sneak drinks for them and how much trouble that could be for the servers. Point is - they must allow kids.

I was solo my last cruise, but brought my sister & brother-in-law (separate cabin) in almost every night. The one night they didn't come, our waiter asked why they didn't come. They paid with their own regular cruise card and were charged the $5 + tip

Edited by NRWPA

Thanks------ for the info MKECruiser----- on the time they start serving drinks in the lounge. We can get ready for dinner and still have time for a drink before dinner. Will give it a try on our cruise to Hawaii in April. Mary RM

Oh, no -- you must have met my dog to say that :O. She is a terrier in every sense of the word and would NOT be welcome, LOL ;)

Awww. I grew up with terriers. Just love them. However, have developed a rather unfortunate and fairly serious allergy to dogs.

Awww. I grew up with terriers. Just love them. However, have developed a rather unfortunate and fairly serious allergy to dogs.

I adore my terrier; she is loyal, loving and protective. But sometimes she takes the protective part too far, lol. Not that I would prefer any other dog !