Soooo, this chocolate breakfast......

I've done it twice on Allure, so that is my limited experience.

The chocolate offerings for the pancakes and waffles were good, Just skip the chocolate milkshake and get chocolate milk instead.

Is it on every RC ship? We are going on Freedom, do they have it on there? Just found out about it and of course, I HAVE to check it out. I mean, its chocolate (even if it is for breakfast)!!!!!!!

It's been on every ship on which we have cruised. Usually once per cruise.

We always ask our MDR staff to let us know when it will occur so that we don't miss it. Was a bit disappointed this year as we had to beg for the chocolate pastries only to be disappointed e.g. The chocolate croissant was a regular one with chocolate dribbled on too that got all over your hands when attempting to eat it. We were a bit disappointed this year on Grandeur.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was thoroughly unimpressed when we did the chocolate breakfast on Freedom of the Seas.

Pancakes in a "chocolate breakfast" should have chocolate chips baked into them, not just Hershey syrup smothered on top of plain pancakes they grabbed off the buffet line.

Is this chocolate idea just for breakfast or what? I have never heard of it before. I'm not a breakfast person, but my friend is, and I would like to let them know what all it entails, if you know? We are to be on the FOTS in April.

Is this chocolate idea just for breakfast or what? I have never heard of it before. I'm not a breakfast person, but my friend is, and I would like to let them know what all it entails, if you know? We are to be on the FOTS in April.

Yes, it is usually just one day, at breakfast in the MDR. Various items (pancakes, waffles, danish) are made with chocolate that day. Standard breakfast entrees are available too.

Agreed..went to two chocolate breakfasts...one on Grand and one on EXP and it was simply chocolate poured over things..in the form of syrup or chips. And the milkshake was no milkshake..lol. I can't even remember what was wrong with it but everyone at our table got a big laugh out of the "milkshake".

[QUOTE=Leslie K;41954893]We always ask our MDR staff to let us know when it will occur so that we don't miss it. Was a bit disappointed this year as we had to beg for the chocolate pastries only to be disappointed e.g. The chocolate croissant was a regular one with chocolate dribbled on too that got all over your hands when attempting to eat it. We were a bit disappointed this year on Grandeur.

My DW and I will be sailing on the Grandeur April 19. We are Diamond C&A members and have cruised several times and we never heard of the chocolate breakfast. Forgive me, but in reading your post, did you mean that there was a chocolate breakfast on the Grandeur that disappointed you, or was your disappointment that there was none? Thanks :confused::confused:

Edited by CroozDoggie

The chocolate offerings for the pancakes and waffles were good, Just skip the chocolate milkshake and get chocolate milk instead.

I'd have to ditto that. The chocolate milkshake was disappointing. We'd had a wonderful shake in Houston Hobby, and I figured I'd have something similar. If they're selling them in Johnny Rockets, they should know how to make them.

This was on our Freedom cruise last week on the buffet, but don't get too excited, it's not really all that exciting. The pancakes and waffles just have something akin to nestle quick poured over them. My hubby and kids didn't care for it. But contrary unlike the quote above, we found the milkshakes to be delicious and this is the only time they're "free".

I had the French toast ordered fresh in the dining room each day and loved it.