Granduer hitting heavy seas

Talked to someone onboard the Granduer coming back to Baltimore. Apparently they are getting some heavy seas, lots of rocking and rolling. Anyone leaving tomorrow, it appears that they will not be getting in on time. My source tells me they were told as late as noon.

Supposed to board grandeur tomorrow. If anyone hears any more news please post here. We usually get to the port early so it would be nice to know for sure about the arrival time.

Thanks

I've been tracking the timing of the last few in/out trips of hers in anticipation of our trip in April; tracking the timing she passes each of the bridge locations.

12854086865_a0d512ee2f.jpg

I'll check and post an update when they pass the Kellam Bridge/Tunnel. Once they are in the bay, I'd guess they would run close to similar times between the bridges. This would predict the time from there to port at about 9.5 to 10 hours.

I too am boarding tomorrow, (driving down tonight) and by the looks on **********, Grandeur looks to be about the position I would think it should be around this time. Looked to be northern NC coast at this time, pretty close to the Va border.

I'm optimistic things should be ok. Nothing on the RCCL website at this time.

On board now, seas were 20 to 30 foot, sometimes higher. Speeds were as low as 5 knots, but are now doing 18+. Captain said this morning they expect to be 4 to 5 hours late, haven't heard any updated ETA yet. Seas look to be down to 10 to 15 now.

CarpeCerevisi...sorry you are having such a rough time. We did not have that last time we were out together. Taking my meclizine just to be sure.;) Lots of scuttle butt around. You'll be here when you get here and we will be there to welcome you back...and rush you off the ship!;):p

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing tomorrow, March 8, 2014, onboard Grandeur of the Seas out of the Port of Baltimore. Grandeur of the Seas has encountered adverse weather during its return to Baltimore. Because of this, Grandeur of the Seas' arrival to Baltimore tomorrow will be significantly delayed. Check in for your cruise will now take place between 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m., which is later than the times published in your cruise documents. Guests will not be able to access to the terminal ed until 3:00 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and looking forward to welcoming you aboard

On board now, seas were 20 to 30 foot, sometimes higher. Speeds were as low as 5 knots, but are now doing 18+. Captain said this morning they expect to be 4 to 5 hours late, haven't heard any updated ETA yet. Seas look to be down to 10 to 15 now.

Carpe--do you know where you are now? You should be getting close to the Virginia Coast.

Carpe--do you know where you are now? You should be getting close to the Virginia Coast.

I'm not on board, but the AIDS data puts her off Nags Head, NC at 1933EST Friday night.

She's currently making 16.1 knots, with a course of 333 degrees.

She is reporting that the expected arrival is 3/8/14 at 0115UTC; But that's completely wrong because that would be 8:15pm tonight EST time!

(That's probably a typo on the crews' part; that data is entered manually; it's possible they meant to put in 1315UTC, which would be 0815EST tomorrow.)

Here's the website to see where she is:

http://www.marinetraffic.com

Also, a near by weather buoy reports that the waves are at 20 feet!

Aloha

John

Edited by jcl410
extra info