Do Luggage Tags have Cabin #'s?

SweetPease

Make sure you write your new cabin number with a felt pen or at least something dark and visible. We were given a room change (upgrade) prior to boarding and used a ball point pen to scratch out the old number and write in a new one. Needless to say, my bag wandered around the ship all afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you both for the response! Will get the Sharpie out now!! ;)

Yes, and also make sure your name and address tags on your luggage are securely on and accurate so your bag can be identified in case the Oceania tag falls off in the loading process. On our last Oceania cruise one of our three bags arrived in our cabin about 45 minutes after the first two. When it arrived we saw that the Oceania tag had come off and a hand written tag with our cabin number had been placed on the bag by the crew.

Yes, and also make sure your name and address tags on your luggage are securely on and accurate so your bag can be identified in case the Oceania tag falls off in the loading process. On our last Oceania cruise one of our three bags arrived in our cabin about 45 minutes after the first two. When it arrived we saw that the Oceania tag had come off and a hand written tag with our cabin number had been placed on the bag by the crew.

This happened to us too - the O luggage tag was torn off by the port luggage folks. Luckily there was a 'regular' name tag so the port staff could research which ship the bag should be on.

The ship next to us was an NCL behemoth sailing in the opposite direction, so we were glad our bag made it to our cabin even though it took a long time. Next time I'm bringing extra tape to make sure the O tags stay put.

This happened to us too - the O luggage tag was torn off by the port luggage folks. Luckily there was a 'regular' name tag so the port staff could research which ship the bag should be on.

The ship next to us was an NCL behemoth sailing in the opposite direction, so we were glad our bag made it to our cabin even though it took a long time. Next time I'm bringing extra tape to make sure the O tags stay put.

One of the things that the school of hard knocks has taught us over the years, is to always include an 8.5 x 11 Itinerary (including dates, times, room and telephone numbers) inside each of our Suitcases. It's always more efficient to travel with a master list, anyway, and printing off three or four extra copies is no effort whatever these days.

We make a point of this Itinerary being the very last item that we pack in each case, so that it is the first thing that anyone who has to open the bag will see.

Doing so has saved our bacon more times than I can count, and the folks who are responsible for reuniting passengers with lost items always ask us to spread the word-

Consider yourself served- :D

One of the things that the school of hard knocks has taught us over the years, is to always include an 8.5 x 11 Itinerary (including dates, times, room and telephone numbers) inside each of our Suitcases. It's always more efficient to travel with a master list, anyway, and printing off three or four extra copies is no effort whatever these days.

I agree

we do this also 1 copy inside the case 1 copy in an outside pocket of the case (if there is one)

We also have stickers on the case with a number in case the luggage is lost when you look up the special code it also has our itinerary

https://www.rumeid.com/id-decals.php similar products on the market

Luggage tags are also on the cases

I try to have all bases covered ...I would hate to have to spend my vacation shopping for clothes :D

Lyn

A small practice we learned years back. We carry the Oceania baggage tags with us. When we collect our bags at the last final airport, or get ready to go to the ship for embarkment, we then put the O tags on our bags. ;)

The flimsy O provided tags are vulnerable on extended airflights and boucing around hotels pre cruise.

A small practice we learned years back. We carry the Oceania baggage tags with us. When we collect our bags at the last final airport, or get ready to go to the ship for embarkment, we then put the O tags on our bags. ;)

The flimsy O provided tags are vulnerable on extended airflights and boucing around hotels pre cruise.

Why would you put the tags on before your flight??

WE put them on as we leave for the port ...they may still be destroyed by the porters but at least they are at the port building

Why would you put the tags on before your flight??

WE put them on as we leave for the port ...they may still be destroyed by the porters but at least they are at the port building

Yet, I see many, many people that do. I think I even saw a thread somewhere on CC that people gave reasons why you should. I'm with you, no need to put them on until I'm headed to the port. We generally come in the day before the cruise and I pull all the airline stickers off and but the cruise lines ones on at my leisure at the hotel.

I also use the itinerary sheets in plastic but fortunately they haven't had to used, knock on wood.

Yet, I see many, many people that do. I think I even saw a thread somewhere on CC that people gave reasons why you should. I'm with you, no need to put them on until I'm headed to the port. We generally come in the day before the cruise and I pull all the airline stickers off and but the cruise lines ones on at my leisure at the hotel.

I also use the itinerary sheets in plastic but fortunately they haven't had to used, knock on wood.

+ 1

I do the same

If I hadn't found this photo link online, I would not have posted

8636902502_5aff67732e_b.jpg

but we find this new generation of luggage tags to be well nigh indestructible.

apocalypse1.jpg

Three things are going to survive the end of the World; Cockroaches, Cher and these luggage Tags :rolleyes:

I try to have all bases covered ...I would hate to have to spend my vacation shopping for clothes :D

Lyn[/b]

Well, Lyn all I can say is "thank god I am multi skilled". I always seem to fit in sightseeing PLUS shopping for everything including clothes. My excess baggage fees prove this. I always take an extra luggage tag to put on the extra suitcase I purchase along the way. lol Off the track of original thread but could not resist. I was looking forward to the New York shopping in May but that will have to wait until 2015.:)

Edited by rhohea

Lyn[/b]

Well, Lyn all I can say is "thank god I am multi skilled". I always seem to fit in sightseeing PLUS shopping for everything including clothes. My excess baggage fees prove this. I always take an extra luggage tag to put on the extra suitcase I purchase along the way. lol Off the track of original thread but could not resist. I was looking forward to the New York shopping in May but that will have to wait until 2015.:)

Rhonda I thought of you when I posted ...:D

I would not like to think what would happen to your CC if the airlines lost your luggage on the way to the cruise :eek:

Edited by LHT28