Flight Home is Late

taylortime05

Hi - I can get a good deal on Delta for our flights for 25,000 points per person and there are 5 of us. But the return flight is at 5:30 PM and it is direct flight. I am not sure what we can do to during all the time except go directly to the airport and sit and read a book. With all our luggage does anyone have any other ideas.

My other flight options are:

1) If we want to leave at 11:30 the points are 32,500 and direct flight. Hubby was worried this was too early but I think we would be fine.

2) If we want to leave at 1:30 the points are 42500 and direct flight. I wouldn't have enought points for 5

3) We could leave at 1:30 with 1 stop and very short layover for 25,000 points but would get home couple hours before 5:30 flight with no stops.

Appreciate your input.

Hi - I can get a good deal on Delta for our flights for 25,000 points per person and there are 5 of us. But the return flight is at 5:30 PM and it is direct flight. I am not sure what we can do to during all the time except go directly to the airport and sit and read a book. With all our luggage does anyone have any other ideas.

My other flight options are:

1) If we want to leave at 11:30 the points are 32,500 and direct flight. Hubby was worried this was too early but I think we would be fine.

2) If we want to leave at 1:30 the points are 42500 and direct flight. I wouldn't have enought points for 5

3) We could leave at 1:30 with 1 stop and very short layover for 25,000 points but would get home couple hours before 5:30 flight with no stops.

Appreciate your input.

With a little research on my part :) ( you should always include some specifics when asking for advice ;)) It appears that you're using PE and FLL so an 11:30 am departure is very easy to do...that flight time even allows you to use the RCI luggage Valet program that DL does participate in...so yes on the 11:30am flight...

Or you can take the later flight (5:30pm) spend less DL points and rent a car for the day...try Thrifty..just outside the PE gate....and still use the LV program so you can get a smaller car without having to worry about luggage.

regardless enjoy your cruise :)

Recently had the same issue. The luggage valet is priceless if you take the later flight. I can't vouch for RCI's program, but it was flawless with Princess. In addition, we also booked the ship's excursion for the Everglades to take up the day. It was much better than sitting in the airport all day. I should add this...the reason we decided that we HAD to book something was that last year (for another late flight) we walked off and couldn't check our luggage until after noon. Hope that helps in some way.

CK

Easy, the 11:30 a.m. flight.

That is optimal time out of PE going to FLL.

Hell you can hang around the ship and have breakfast. Get in the cab around 9:30 a.m. and you are at the airport 15 minutes later with plenty of breathing room.

The 11:30 flight is doable, but I wouldn't leave the ship at 9:30 even though it is only 15 minutes to the airport. FFL can be Very Busy. Last trip coming home out of FLl took us almost an hour to get through security.