Kids' C&A status

Well, I'm not quite sure I have all the steps here, but it somehow it now worked for me. I logged into my C & A, and followed the options to activate other family members accounts. It looked like it had done it, but I wasn't seeing her listed. I logged out, and when I logged back in, there was a link stating I could activate "Nicole's" account. It required her user name to be her actual C & A number, so I did that and established a password. Logged back out and back in again under her account and password. Her cruise points and status are listed as Diamond, with 174 points, but only her actual cruise history is listed (including double points for cruises where we had a Jr. Suite) Thanks, Merion Mom!

Ok help please:D

Found the link to enroll dd (wouldn't let me add DH as he has his own account) I can see her on my account as a guest but completely unable to view her cruise history:confused: tried logging out and logging back in can not see a link anywhere to activate:confused::confused::confused:

I don't think kids keep parents status after turning 18, I believe it reverts then to whatever they'd be with the cruises they've actually been on. I'm sure someone else will either confirm or correct this.

Our daughter will turn 16 on Jewel in a few weeks and will be Diamond after that, based on cruises she has sailed:)

No My little sister is diamond, even though she just turned 18, it kept her status . Although she has been cruising from when she was little with me and my mom, i have been on a few cruises with friends that both my mom and sister have not been on, however, they earned my diamond status because i guess same last name and same address? Not sure how that works, but they are lucky they get to mooch off mine lol

Which ship are you going on? The ships have different features so if you have booked or are thinking of booking, will be easier to help if know which ship.

Certainly at that age they do pajama nights, face painting, movies, pirate night, science activities, art, gaga ball, talent show, to name a few!

Where do they have a gaga pit?!?!?!?

Where do they have a gaga pit?!?!?!?

Gaga ball is a game similar to dodge ball. It's not played in a pit - not that I've ever seen anyway. They just play it in the open area at AO. The kids love it.

Edited by The Sunset Glow

For us our DD will turn 10 next month on our Allure cruise, which will be her 11th on Royal. She would be Diamond in her own right, but as we recently became D+ she has that status now. I thought she keeps her D+ status when she turns 18, even if she hasn't reached the points on her own at that point (which she may).

We don't sail just Royal, and we do some without her (usually on Royal). Otherwise she would be there on her own anyway. Her first cruise was when she was 3 1/2 months old (on Disney, as they only have a 3 month limit on their line). Needless to say she was the youngest on the ship. It's actually easier when they are younger, it's when they are 1-3 and just want to walk up and down the stairs all day that is tougher *grin*

Agreed! The easiest is when they are babies. People always though I was crazy to bring our kid so many places when he was a baby. I was like, it's way easier now than when they get bigger. People dont realize your last bit of freedom is from 0-12 months, once they walk it's over....

Interesting that there are conflicting reports on how it will work when the little ones grow up. I suppose for a lot of us with little ones it could change once, twice, even more by the time they're all 18!

Our seven year old has 133 points on her own. We'll all become Diamond Plus at the end of the year with a New Years Cruise, but she'll still be 14 points behind us. We probably should have stuck with Royal instead of branching off to try some other cruises as then we'd already all be D+. She's also done Disney, Carnival, and Princess. She's always preferred RCL, as do I. Of all people Hubby is the one that keeps pushing for more Disney!

Gaga ball is a variation of dodge ball. It's all the rage in PE at schools:)

Gaga ball is a game similar to dodge ball. It's not played in a pit - not that I've ever seen anyway. They just play it in the open area at AO. The kids love it.

Then it has been adapted to be played without the pit.

It IS designed to be played in an octagonal wooden pit:

Gaga_Ball_Pit_1.JPG

Interesting topic. My son has already been on a cruise, but with another line.

He just turned one last weekend, but this year he's about to accumulate a few points.

3 days on Enchantment in May

7 days on Brilliance in October

5 days on Liberty in November

We're currently Emerald, will become Diamond after the Liberty cruise. So my son will inherit our status in May after his first Royal Cruise. We've been fast tracking it starting with our honeymoon in 2009. Cruised multiple times per year to get where we are. At our rate I'm thinking my son will earn plenty of points by the time he's 18 years old to legitimately be Diamond (at least). Unless of course they change the program.

Our kids are both Diamond in their own right; they've been on all of our cruises (actually have more points than their dad)! However, I'm more concerned with their reciprocal points for Celebrity. Only in recent months, X have said they should never have been given their own Captain's Club number as X don't give children their own numbers. Strange as they obviously issued them in the first place :confused:. Now I'm trying to keep a 'hard' record of each of their sailings in case Celebrity dispute this when they turn 18 (quite a few years as our youngest is only 11). I'd hate to think they'd lose their points, amounts to quite a few over the years.

Only in recent months, X have said they should never have been given their own Captain's Club number as X don't give children their own numbers. Strange as they obviously issued them in the first place :confused:.

My DD has a Captain´s Club number with X too and received Select status for our first X cruise back in 2010 (for her then Platinum with RCI).

steamboats

Interesting thread. Our DD (3yo) has 60 points for 57days. Question for anyone would she keep any double points for diamond in December? I'm not counting those but it's a thought. We figure she will be at least D+ on her own by 18 but also won't want to cruise again. Also noticed on the last few cruises how the D lounge overlooks the pool. Had visions of years from now mommy banging on the vcl windows yelling at our and the other kids below. 😝

Interesting thread. Our DD (3yo) has 60 points for 57days. Question for anyone would she keep any double points for diamond in December? I'm not counting those but it's a thought. We figure she will be at least D+ on her own by 18 but also won't want to cruise again. Also noticed on the last few cruises how the D lounge overlooks the pool. Had visions of years from now mommy banging on the vcl windows yelling at our and the other kids below.

Our DD did one cruise with us in December while DiD was still in effect, and yes she got the extra points for being Diamond.

Then it has been adapted to be played without the pit.

It IS designed to be played in an octagonal wooden pit:

Gaga_Ball_Pit_1.JPG

Merion Mom, my kids have always played it in a pit as well...their camp has one very similar to the one in the picture and the kids love it.

They keep their status - in fact - my 19 year old who is a full time student was just bumped up to emerald status when we reached it this year. I can only assume that its because she's under 21 and still lives at home with us.

I had no idea! I've only ever heard of gaga ball on RCI. Thanks for the info.:)

Yes, thanks for the info!

We are originally from UK but now live in TX so it's not anything I had heard of before DD played over here. She has only played it on board in the AO and in the gym at school for. PE neither in a pit.

Learn something new every day:)

Ok wrt topic, I tried adding DD to my account so I could see her points. I can see her, but can't view her points.

I rang C&A today on a separate matter, so asked them how I was supposed to view and to clarify what happens when they turn 18.

I was told as follows

All children after sailing once gain parents status. Once they turn 18 they retain their status but revert to the number of points they have. The only exception is Pinnacle. When I reach pinnacle DD will NOT be given pinnacle status (ie grandfathered status even if minor) that has to be earned by her.

Most of this I know has already been mentioned by previous posters, but i though it may clear up about pinnacle status.

Needless to say DD was a little disappointed about the pinnacle, but as I pointed out to her she is D+ in her own right next cruise at the ripe old age of 12 and that I was a lot older when I reached that status:D

Spoiled, maybe, but to us we would rather cruise the world and let her experience other cultures than sit on a beach for weeks at a time. She has travelled Europe, the Baltic, the Panama Canal, Central America, Mexico the caribbean and Alaska. If nothing else it has made her Social Studies homework this year so much easier as she has been to the majority of places they have covered and has an understanding and background to what she is learning:)

Our kids are both Diamond in their own right; they've been on all of our cruises (actually have more points than their dad)! However, I'm more concerned with their reciprocal points for Celebrity. Only in recent months, X have said they should never have been given their own Captain's Club number as X don't give children their own numbers. Strange as they obviously issued them in the first place :confused:. Now I'm trying to keep a 'hard' record of each of their sailings in case Celebrity dispute this when they turn 18 (quite a few years as our youngest is only 11). I'd hate to think they'd lose their points, amounts to quite a few over the years.

We had transferable status, DD included, however if you sail Celebrity you don't receive points with RC neither do your RC points transfer to Celebrity. Your status levels are transferable but points are not combinable, which is a shame as DD has also sailed celebrity but neither of us get credit for that with RC. Like your children having their points reverted to what they have cruised when they turn 18, whatever status they have with. RC is what level they will get their cards with Celebrity.

Your kids would need to work out who they would have the most points with and get their status based on that.

Edited by Spurschick
Spelling

Ok wrt topic, I tried adding DD to my account so I could see her points. I can see her, but can't view her points.

I rang C&A today on a separate matter, so asked them how I was supposed to view and to clarify what happens when they turn 18.

I was told as follows

All children after sailing once gain parents status. Once they turn 18 they retain their status but revert to the number of points they have. The only exception is Pinnacle. When I reach pinnacle DD will NOT be given pinnacle status (ie grandfathered status even if minor) that has to be earned by her.

Most of this I know has already been mentioned by previous posters, but i though it may clear up about pinnacle status.

Spoiled, maybe, but to us we would rather cruise the world and let her experience other cultures than sit on a beach for weeks at a time. She has travelled Europe, the Baltic, the Panama Canal, Central America, Mexico the caribbean and Alaska. If nothing else it has made her Social Studies homework this year so much easier as she has been to the majority of places they have covered and has an understanding and background to what she is learning:)

I wouldn't say spoiled at all. Traveling is an education in itself. My parents took me with them everywhere. By 25 i had been to all 7 continents, and my brother was 21 when he hit all seven. I feel that all the traveling molded me into who i am today and am grateful for the opportunities I was given to see so many places and cultures.

How did you find out your kids have CC numbers? I only ask because we are sailing X in a few weeks and it will be our DD's first X sailing. We are Elite CC. We will also be sailing RCL in August and I was wondering if by sailing X, she will be automatically considered Diamond on RCL when we sail, when she inherits our status?

How did you find out your kids have CC numbers? I only ask because we are sailing X in a few weeks and it will be our DD's first X sailing. We are Elite CC. We will also be sailing RCL in August and I was wondering if by sailing X, she will be automatically considered Diamond on RCL when we sail, when she inherits our status?

I would call C&A and get your numbers set up for RC. We sailed RC before we sailed X so just rang to get our numbers) they should set you up and should be able to assist with DD as well.

Let us know how you get on