Solarium Cafe

This is one of the few Oasis/Allure venues I have not been to... Was wondering if someone could tell me what offerings it has for both breakfast and lunch (I know it turns into the bistro at night, which charges a fee). Thanks in advance!

This is one of the few Oasis/Allure venues I have not been to... Was wondering if someone could tell me what offerings it has for both breakfast and lunch (I know it turns into the bistro at night, which charges a fee). Thanks in advance!

The Solarium Cafe is a buffet at breakfast and lunch. Breakfast items tend toward the healthier side, though the turkey bacon is to be avoided at all costs.

This past cruise on Allure we started having our breakfast in the Solarium. There is a lot of possibility for making healthy choices and we really enjoyed it there.

And Clarea is correct. AVOID the turkey bacon at all cost! It is horrible.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

We loved the solarium for breakfast & lunch. The one thing that I could not get was fat free half & half. The must have was gazpacho at lunch toppings you could add. I don't remember specifics, but I always found plenty to eat including smoked salmon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We loved the solarium for breakfast & lunch. The one thing that I could not get was fat free half & half. The must have was gazpacho at lunch toppings you could add. I don't remember specifics, but I always found plenty to eat including smoked salmon.

What is fat free half and half? How can something be true half and half and be fat free at the same time?

What is fat free half and half? How can something be true half and half and be fat free at the same time?

It's frankenfood. ;)

INGREDIENTS

Ingredients: Skim Milk, Corn Syrup, Cream*, Contains less than 0.5% of the following: Carrageenan, Sodium Citrate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Mono and Diglycerides*, Vitamin A Palmitate, Color Added (Ingredient not in regular half & half).

* Adds a trivial amount of fat

CONTAINS: Milk

The Solarium Cafe is a buffet at breakfast and lunch. Breakfast items tend toward the healthier side, though the turkey bacon is to be avoided at all costs.

I'll 3rd the turkey bacon disaster. I've never had anything made of turkey that was that nasty. :eek: I actually put it on my cruise survey every time we've sailed a big ship.

I'll 3rd the turkey bacon disaster. I've never had anything made of turkey that was that nasty. :eek: I actually put it on my cruise survey every time we've sailed a big ship.

The word "vile" comes to mind!

will have to remember this part esp. the smoked salmon.:):)

#$%$5 it Bob, you beat me to the bacon comment! ;) Seriously it is probably the only bad thing I've ever eaten on Royal Caribbean. I think it has the taste and texture of the cardboard used on tablets! Lots of other good food there though.

As the OP stated they change Allure's Solarium into the Brazilian Steakhouse, but is the Oasis still just the solarium at night? I heard talk about possible changes, but never got an update.

One of my favorite places! "healthy" means they don't have quite as many gooey pastries, or regular bacon, but they still have plenty of stuff that isn't "healthy" if you feel like indulging a little;)

My favorite part is that a lot of folks haven't discovered it yet, and the views over the ocean are lovely...you can actually eat "outside" in the solarium area. It's also a very quiet place to get a disembarkation breakfast; you will be rewarded for toting your bags all the way up there for breakfast!

It's also a very quiet place to get a disembarkation breakfast; you will be rewarded for toting your bags all the way up there for breakfast!

Excellent thought, I hadn't read that before, but its easy to visualize. I really dislike the Windjammer on disembarkation day. It actually triggers the post cruise depression for me as they usually only open up half of the area while the other half gets ready for the next group of passengers. That's why I eat breakfast in the MDR on the final day now, but the next time I do an Oasis class I'll keep this in mind.

#$%$5 it Bob, you beat me to the bacon comment! ;) Seriously it is probably the only bad thing I've ever eaten on Royal Caribbean. I think it has the taste and texture of the cardboard used on tablets! Lots of other good food there though.

As the OP stated they change Allure's Solarium into the Brazilian Steakhouse, but is the Oasis still just the solarium at night? I heard talk about possible changes, but never got an update.

As far as I know, it's still the Solariaum Bistro at night (which does also have a fee). My guess is they will change it when she goes in for dry dock?

I was on the Enchantment of the Seas in December, and I don't remember there ever being a fee for the solarium food?? I do remember at night they have yummy, bad for you food, like hotdogs, nachos, chili sauce and other things like that. Mmmmmm. :D

For breakfast it was the only place that I was able to find a bagel. They had a little stand, kind of like a bagel bar where you choose your bagel, and then there are different cream cheeses to choose from, as well as toppings like smoked salmon, onion slices, tomato.....

And I agree with what another poster said about having the best views to sit and eat. Right up on the window, looking at the ocean. Nice and quiet in there too.. at least it was on the Enchantment.

I was on the Enchantment of the Seas in December, and I don't remember there ever being a fee for the solarium food??...

That was called Park Cafe on Enchantment, and you are correct in that there is no fee there.

The OP was asking about Solarium Cafe on Oasis/Allure, which is a much different venue.