Parking/Shuttle in Port Canaveral

pdukas

Good morning!!! Our group - 4 kids, 4 adults - 2 cars - will be traveling to Port Canaveral next Sunday (Woo Hoo!!!!) to leave on the Freedom of the Seas for a 7-night cruise. I'm wondering - is it just easier to go ahead and part of the port - right there at the boat OR should be consider some type of outside parking/shuttle service AND any suggestions of who to go with?

I'm thinking we will pay more at the port itself (though I'm not totally sure on cost) but I'm just wondering if it ends up being easier than hassling with off-site parking, shuttle, waiting...4 kids... etc...too much luggage for shuttle...

Edited by pdukas

Last time I checked, the port charged $15 per day, and would charge for one more day than your cruise. So the cost for a Freedom cruise would be $120.

Edited by clarea

We use Park N Cruise. It is about 1/2 the price of port parking. Parking at the port is $15 a day. I believe Park n Cruise is $7.99. We have been very happy with them. All parking places at PC charge for 1 day longer than your cruise

Edited by molly361

Just remember you will pay for 8 days of parking at the port for a 7 night cruise. 120.00 total I think. You can park offsite at a park and cruise (there are several) for half of that or less.

It really just depends on how much convenience of being able to get right in the car and leave once you disembark is worth to you :)

If I wasnt able to park at Pt Canaveral for free, there is no way I would pay those fees. I would use an offsite place. Thats just me personally though :)

I had used Park and Cruise also and it was great. I actually found a special online that was $5.99 per day. We were actually a bit late in getting there (12:30pm) and they actually called my cell to find out if we were coming. I guess everyone else had gotten there already??? I said yes, just delayed so that when we actually got there, they whisked us away in the van and we were there in 5 minutes. Great service.

You did not mention where you coming from but we live in Orlando and would rent a car for one day which is large enough for everyone. Most rental car companies do not have a drop off fee. Then do the same on return to the port. We have a cruise out of Port Everglades in May and the car for one day from Orlando with drop off in Fort Lauderdale is only about $60. Of course, there are only 4 in our party but it is just a thought.

We are on that same cruise leaving Port Canaveral this coming Sunday (the 16th). We are staying at a hotel the night before that has a parking/shuttle deal. We leave our vehicle at the hotel for the week. We get two shuttle passes per room for round trip to and from the port. Might be worth looking into if you are staying overnight.

Craig

You did not mention where you coming from but we live in Orlando and would rent a car for one day which is large enough for everyone. Most rental car companies do not have a drop off fee. Then do the same on return to the port. We have a cruise out of Port Everglades in May and the car for one day from Orlando with drop off in Fort Lauderdale is only about $60. Of course, there are only 4 in our party but it is just a thought.

Would you provide more info on the rental company. Hertz and Avis both told me they had a fee for 1 way. Thanks

Would you provide more info on the rental company. Hertz and Avis both told me they had a fee for 1 way. Thanks

We've never had an additional fee or drop off charge with Avis, and we have used them at least a dozen times, picking up at MCO and dropping in Cocoa Beach.

Bob thanks, I just called them back and their quoting me $165.00. Maybe it's due to us being out of state, but I'm picking up at the Orlando airport, so not sure why the extra $$.

How many days are you renting, and what kind of vehicle?

In a few weeks, I'm renting a full size car from MCO, dropping at P3F (Avis location in Cocoa beach) the next day, and the cost is $48 plus tax.

Just 1 day, going from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral. I read the above thread about the savings by renting a car and thought it was a great idea. Hertz, National, and Avis all about the same around $165.00 for a mid size car. I have the highest status with each so you'd think I'd get a good deal.:confused:

Just 1 day, going from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral. I read the above thread about the savings by renting a car and thought it was a great idea. Hertz, National, and Avis all about the same around $165.00 for a mid size car. I have the highest status with each so you'd think I'd get a good deal.:confused:

All I can think of is that there is something special going on that day and cars are in short supply. The last time I rented for a day, the price actually went down to $30 (plus tax) for the day.

The parking lot across the street from the Radisson hotel is great. They have a large fleet of shuttle vehicles and there are minimal waits on either end. They charge $7.99 a day and I believe their website is called Park Port Canaveral.

I was just looking at Budget for you. I think the difference is looking for a vehicle that will take everyone with luggage vs. two smaller vehicles.

Google "car rental Cocoa Beach". Then choose Yelp. It will give you the companies that have offices there as well as reviews - most of them cruisers who were doing just what you are wanting to do.

Edited by onthelake

All I can think of is that there is something special going on that day and cars are in short supply. The last time I rented for a day, the price actually went down to $30 (plus tax) for the day.

Bob, did they shuttle you to the port after you dropped off? How was the service? Did they make you wait a long time before they took you?

Good morning!!! Our group - 4 kids, 4 adults - 2 cars - will be traveling to Port Canaveral next Sunday (Woo Hoo!!!!) to leave on the Freedom of the Seas for a 7-night cruise. I'm wondering - is it just easier to go ahead and part of the port - right there at the boat OR should be consider some type of outside parking/shuttle service AND any suggestions of who to go with?

I'm thinking we will pay more at the port itself (though I'm not totally sure on cost) but I'm just wondering if it ends up being easier than hassling with off-site parking, shuttle, waiting...4 kids... etc...too much luggage for shuttle...

We (along with some other posters) have used Park N Cruise for our last two Freedom cruises. When we got there, there was a shuttle loading with no wait and when we got back, there was also a shuttle loading with no wait.

Like others have said, it is half the price of port parking, and because they drop off and pick up right at the front of the terminal, it is MORE convenient than port parking because there is no walking with luggage from the parking deck to the terminal...

:D

Bob, did they shuttle you to the port after you dropped off? How was the service? Did they make you wait a long time before they took you?

Yes, they shuttle you to the port for no extra charge. Sometimes we hop right on the shuttle, sometimes we have to wait 10 minutes or so. They have a shaded area to wait outside.

Bob thanks, I just called them back and their quoting me $165.00. Maybe it's due to us being out of state, but I'm picking up at the Orlando airport, so not sure why the extra $$.

What date is that?? Maybe spring break week and everything is booked?

What date is that?? Maybe spring break week and everything is booked?

You might be on to something Ellen. I just checked the reservation I have, and if I booked it today it would be $140 instead of $48. Glad I made the reservation 4 months ago.

We use Park N Cruise. It is about 1/2 the price of port parking. Parking at the port is $15 a day. I believe Park n Cruise is $7.99. We have been very happy with them. All parking places at PC charge for 1 day longer than your cruise

We used them as well. If I were you, I would have someone drop off everyone and the luggage at the port first.

We unfortunately had a bad experience with Park and Cruise two years ago, and for our upcoming cruise on the Freedom we will just bite the bullet and park at the garage. I always use offsite lots when we cruise out of Port Everglades and never had a problem.

We had a broken windshield when we returned from our last cruise on the Freedom. The car had been parked by them next to a fence and it looked like old boats and scrap equipment on the other wide. The lot is stone and gravel and cars were parked so close together it was hard to maneuver them out of the space. Perhaps things have changed, but any savings I had were eaten up replacing my windshield.

On the subject of rental cars, our family members we are traveling with also got quoted an exhorbitant rate for MCO to Port Canaveral car rentals. Think it is an availability issue at this point. We are renting one for them (we will drive it.) using DH's corporate discount.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

You didn't mention where you were planning on staying the night before your cruise (and I didn't read through all the replies). For our cruise in May we are staying at the Fairfield Inn in Titusville the night before. It's less than an hour from port and they have a partership with the port for 40% off parking at port. Makes it pretty much the same price as the shuttle services but you are right at the port. Just another option to consider if you are staying the night before.

Edited by SMN73