B-2-b

hiworldtraveler

Has Princess stopped discounting the second cruise on a b-2-b? I was looking at going on a cruise to Japan (9 days) but wanted to extend it with a second different itinerary. PC told my travel agent there is no b-2-b discount, my future credit deposit does not count for the second cruise & would have to pay another deposit. In addition, the whole ship is traditional dining! Diamond has 5 dining rooms! I opted for Europe instead where things worked out like a charm. Is this a new trend? Just curious if other people had the same issue. BTW, I am an elite member so have sailed with PC many times.

As far as I know, there is no discount on the second leg of a B2B. That is probably because Princess has many "logical" cruises, which are really B2B's but are sold as one cruise. For example, the last cruise I was on was a 2 week Caribbean that was sold as a 14 day but was really 2 7 day cruises. They do this a lot these days.

So, there can be a discount on certain cruises, but a straight B2B is not. In November I booked a 4 day cruise followed by a 7 day as a B2B -completely serrate cruises-with no hint of a discount.

The Japan cruises are new and are heavily set for the Japanese market (I heard that they expect 80% of the Paxs to be Japanese). That could explain the traditional dining rules.

There is no specific B2B discount across all itineraries. Sometimes rates are calculated as a combo and sometimes the second leg is discounted.

Until they figure out how the asian cruises are doing financially, I would not expect to see a lot of discounts other than capacity adjustments.

I have not seen discounts for a b2b. There are times you can book the 2 legs as one cruise and get a lower price. Other times no difference. I always look at all the OBC I am eligible for (FCC, Shareholder & Loyalty) to see which way to book is the best.

Has Princess stopped discounting the second cruise on a b-2-b? I was looking at going on a cruise to Japan (9 days) but wanted to extend it with a second different itinerary. PC told my travel agent there is no b-2-b discount, my future credit deposit does not count for the second cruise & would have to pay another deposit. In addition, the whole ship is traditional dining! Diamond has 5 dining rooms! I opted for Europe instead where things worked out like a charm. Is this a new trend? Just curious if other people had the same issue. BTW, I am an elite member so have sailed with PC many times.

There used to be but it went the way of the 3rd/4th in a cabin discount too. :rolleyes:

Have never seen the entire ship changed to traditional, thats interesting.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I checked the prices of some of the Caribbean Princess's December cruises. Some categories of cabins come up cheaper booking a 9-night cruise versus a 4- and 5- night as back-to-back cruises--but not a whole lot less.

There used to be but it went the way of the 3rd/4th in a cabin discount too. :rolleyes:

Have never seen the entire ship changed to traditional, thats interesting.

They still discount 3rd/4th berths... unless the 1st/2nd is heavily discounted...

We do B2Bs quite often and we have never had a discounted second segment :(. Interesting that PC said that! Either we've been gypped for all those B2Bs or the agent is mistaken. I'm voting for the latter.

Never heard of this but on our recent b2b.....we found extra obc....no idea why....and our thoughts were the same....must be because of the b2b???

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Not as far as I know. We did not get any extra in September for our b2b and it was two cruises totaling 48 days.

I spoke to a friend at Princess and he indicated that they used to offer a B2B discount about 10 years ago... Long gone now...

The first B2B we did on Princess was in 2006 and I don't recall anything about a B2B discount. As mentioned there are some combined or logical cruises offered, frequently with better total prices as compared to the two individual portions and taxes are usually less overall on a combined trip as well.

I would think that convincing people to go ahead and do a B2B since they have already decided to do a cruise with Princess would be a major marketing item so an automatic discount for any B2B would be a real smart idea. Even if they could just offer the slightly lower overall taxes for any B2B would be a bit of an additional incentive.

Terry