Here is an NYT article about cruising

Thebes

My goodness, we think its actually a very good (and accurate) article. And to think that it's in the New York Times where accurate articles are now far and few between. :)

Hank

It was spot on for me....

"it’s a life that is free of most of life’s normal chores: cooking, cleaning, commuting (can you imagine not driving or taking the subway, for a week or two on end?), working (unless you work independently), even talking on the phone — because at $3 or more per minute you’re not going to be taking any calls from your mother. In my life, this feels like an extra five hours a day." or more.

Nice article.. Thanks for posing it..

Wonder if he & his wife booked on HAL to Antarctica? They serve pea soup on deck although others may do it too..

Betty

I was wondering the same thing :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nice article.. Thanks for posing it..

Wonder if he & his wife booked on HAL to Antarctica? They serve pea soup on deck although others may do it too..

Betty

Do all lines go to Antarctica? I was under the impression only a select few make the journey.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Enjoyed the article. I didn't realize that cruising was considered unhip by some. When I think of all the places we have seen while cruising I realize we would have never been to such "unhip" places if we hadn't cruised.

Everyone,

Thank you for the thank yous. My DW and I have done more land vacations than cruises. Last month we took our first cruise from the U.S to the east/west Caribbean on the beautiful Eurodam and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We even have booked on the Noordam for 2015. It would be impossible to see 7 different ports in 14 days land vacation. Cruising has made it possible for us to see different places in a short period of time. Absolutely amazing. Glad everyone enjoyed the article :):)

Sent from my iPad using Forums