JW and Jerome's Adventure in The Lawn Club Grill on The Celebrity Reflection.

cruiseguys2009

Such a funny video looks like you had a fab time , we are on the reflection in July and so looking forward to it , will have to try the lawn grill , wish you were on the same cruise you look so much fun

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by wakefield cruiser

So at the Lawn Club do you cook your own food? I could do that at home couldn't I?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The pizza is interactive fun, as I learned how to make one, or should I say, throw one!. The purpose of the The Lawn Club Grill is that it is truly immerses one into a complete Bobby Flay Grilling experience. I made the pizza and Jerome was paired with a Master Grilling Chef. They made Filet Mignon, New York Strip, Rib Eye, Veal Chop, Rack of Lamb and Shrimp Skewers along with grilled veggies. Each one was prepared at the proper temperature and each one had it's own cooking time. The learning curve was how to do all of it to come out at the same time, plus, the unique spice blends that you learn that bring out the flavors of each product.

People can also just go and eat there, you miss out in the fun if you just sit and eat without participating. It's also a $40 dollar per person cover charge. But the Magic is in the interactive session and personal experience of preparation. There are huge video screens that enable everyone in the dining area to watch and enjoy the fun as well.

It was one of the most enjoyable interactive learning experiences we have ever had. Jerome thought he knew everything about grilling.....but after his lesson, he came away with a new found talent.

By the way, a one hour session with a trained Bobby Flay Master Grill Chef in Ft Lauderdale runs about $600 per session, so being a part of the grilling experience on The Celebrity Reflection is definitely worth it.

Guess what...???? The Equinox is going to have the Lawn Club Grill by then too.....maybe a repeat?? Looking forward to sailing with you!

Really? Will the install be done by Nov? That would be way cool! Dana okie dokied to go last year based on JW's recommendation, and we were not disappointed!

FWIW, this is unconfirmed by Celebrity. Could be yet another unfounded shipboard rumor. As Celebrity is uber focused on profits these days, I suspect it will eventually happen, as I'm sure the balance sheet watchers would rather have a revenue based venue in that location. With that said, I think it would be a huge undertaking to convert the HGS into a Dining Venue. Until I see at least a 2-3 week drydock in Solstice, Equinox & Eclipse's schedule, I'm not accepting this as a done deal. As we enjoy the HGS very much, and have great respect for the Corning artisans, I hope this does not happen. Time will tell.

Edited by Host Andy

wow, this takes me back! Tell that cute Jerome that I said hello and I hope to sail with you 2 again! That first Reflection cruise was such a blast, especially with you dapper gentlemen at the Martini Bar!!

FWIW, this is unconfirmed by Celebrity. Could be yet another unfounded shipboard rumor. As Celebrity is uber focused on profits these days, I suspect it will eventually happen, as I'm sure the balance sheet watchers would rather have a revenue based venue in that location. With that said, I think it would be a huge undertaking to convert the HGS into a Dining Venue. Until I see at least a 2-3 week drydock in Solstice, Equinox & Eclipse's schedule, I'm not accepting this as a done deal. As we enjoy the HGS very much, and have great respect for the Corning artisans, I hope this does not happen. Time will tell.

Andy, you are so right....the legend of the traveling rumors. But with my current dealings with the Celebrity big bru haha's, and as they are now a major sponsor now of the Christmas House, I kinda may have let the cat out of the bag. The undertaking according to them, is easy to transform the venue, as the catalyst for the logistics is already there, the ovens. You know, it's funny, they know that I am known as "The Mouth of The South", when the powers that be, gave Jerome and me the details.

There are four major changes to the Equinox that are happening in DD, including a new "All Suite Guest's Only" Restaurant, just don't ask which favorite venue is being transformed into this new eatery. The new deck plans will say it all. Soon enough, I will let others fill in the blanks when it's time. I have said too much already and the Celebrity Purists are gonna flip.

But most of all, I also love the brand new promo of the Lifetime Pick Your Perk Award on bookings made only on board ships confirmed from April 1, 2014 thru December 31st 2014. That is now just coming into the realm. It's brilliant! Book on board on any sailing from April 1 to December 31st 2014 and your perk you pick is your lifetime perk FOREVA! Love it! I am absolutely certain that will be extended too! 1,2,3 Drunk promo for life.....???? I hope my liver holds out!

I neither support or disapprove of change. Sometimes it's interesting, sometimes it is not. However, sometimes the release of a video may coincide with a new addition? Just thinking out loud.

Andy, you are the absolute best and through all these years, we love you! Kisses also to Laura S.!

wow, this takes me back! Tell that cute Jerome that I said hello and I hope to sail with you 2 again! That first Reflection cruise was such a blast, especially with you dapper gentlemen at the Martini Bar!!

You cruise in less than two weeks! Enjoy the Connie. Have a Martini for us!

Andy, you are so right....the legend of the traveling rumors. But with my current dealings with the Celebrity big bru haha's, and as they are now a major sponsor now of the Christmas House, I kinda may have let the cat out of the bag. The undertaking according to them, is easy to transform the venue, as the catalyst for the logistics is already there, the ovens. You know, it's funny, they know that I am known as "The Mouth of The South", when the powers that be, gave Jerome and me the details.

There are four major changes to the Equinox that are happening in DD, including a new "All Suite Guest's Only" Restaurant, just don't ask which favorite venue is being transformed into this new eatery. The new deck plans will say it all. Soon enough, I will let others fill in the blanks when it's time. I have said too much already and the Celebrity Purists are gonna flip.

But most of all, I also love the brand new promo of the Lifetime Pick Your Perk Award on bookings made only on board ships confirmed from April 1, 2014 thru December 31st 2014. That is now just coming into the realm. It's brilliant! Book on board on any sailing from April 1 to December 31st 2014 and your perk you pick is your lifetime perk FOREVA! Love it! I am absolutely certain that will be extended too! 1,2,3 Drunk promo for life.....???? I hope my liver holds out!

I neither support or disapprove of change. Sometimes it's interesting, sometimes it is not. However, sometimes the release of a video may coincide with a new addition? Just thinking out loud.

Andy, you are the absolute best and through all these years, we love you! Kisses also to Laura S.!

HUH? Lifetime PYP?

Hi Cruiseguys,

Thank you for your very kind comments. I appreciate it. You've certainly shared a great deal, and it's fascinating to say the least. I'm surprised that it would not be a major undertaking to transform HGS into LCG, but I will take your word for it. As I've repeatedly said - times are a changin', and I truly hope that Celebrity's fans will be pleased with their plans. I guess it's a HUGE "Stay Tuned" on this one :). All the best to you, and hope to see you on a future cruise.

Edited by Host Andy

So at the Lawn Club do you cook your own food? I could do that at home couldn't I?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You do not have to cook your own meal...just an option

our husbands did the pizza thing under helpful supervision--it was so much fun watching them don the aprons, doing the dough and toss thing.. it came out fairly decent..almost as good as dh makes it at home!!! (I attached some photos--single shot is a cruisecritic friend who won best pizza!, )

for the meal--we chose to let them cook, paid too much for the beef to possibly ruin it ourselves..--but we could watch them if we wanted to--got alot of grillling tips

Not sure LCG will be coming to Equinox for our next cruise but it is a fun experience...and casual compared to other specialty rest on bd.. it can be windy when ship is at sea..

504399552_SilhouetteApril2012057.jpg.242e0fb9bc83969c7550f4fed47e2831.jpg

2106304132_SilhouetteApril2012058.jpg.7af4720746e9ff02e29404794af09b15.jpg

1086052908_SilhouetteApril2012063.jpg.86c53118848da3c8d5a17177e8926f3d.jpg

Edited by hcat

Love your reviews and comments. We were on one of your reflection cruises but too shy to say hello. Love reading your comments but what is the ta network. Would love to see it

We wish you would have joined us in a libation or three! Yes we had a blast. See you on the high Seas.

Love your reviews and comments. We were on one of your reflection cruises but too shy to say hello. Love reading your comments but what is the ta network. Would love to see it

Sorry missed the question. I cannot specifically state what the network is, for CC rules, but comfortably state that it is an "Industry" encompassing network.

Loved the video and welcome back to the CC boards! Hope there will be a Divina review !??

Yes, I have been trolling over on those MSC CC boards as of late and we are set to sail this May on The Divina. On our last voyage on The Celebrity Reflection, when we docked back in Miami, The Reflection was side by side, next to The Divina. It happened to be her maiden voyage to the Caribbean for the USA market. Jerome and I both looked at each other and said, "My, Oh My!" "Just look at how gorgeous she is!" Needless to say, The Boys have to take her out for a spin in May. And.....We shall see. My standards of service are pretty darn high, as nothing compares to a Celebrity Cruise and their significant style of Service and Substance.

However, I always take the high road and create fun where ever I go. Each cruise is unique to me, and I can always find the positives.

But for Service? As I have said many times before. In my opinion, all the other cruise lines we have been on was like being made to sit at the Children's Table at Thanksgiving. With Celebrity, we know we have "Grown Up and Arrived", and we can now sit at the Adult Table!

JW, I was still hoping you would go back and finish your review of your Carnival cruise that you started just before going on the Reflection. You left us all hanging in anticipation of what was going to happen next.

JW, I was still hoping you would go back and finish your review of your Carnival cruise that you started just before going on the Reflection. You left us all hanging in anticipation of what was going to happen next.

I lost the entire review and so much more when my computer had a severe malfunction and they could not retrieve the information. I lost so much of my life's information. Thankfully, I had a great deal of it backed up on a hard drive, but not that review. It was too new and I was a boob not to back it up. Then with so much going on with The Christmas Charity House and The Reflection part two sailing, I could not fully remember what happened. To my regret, that was truly heart breaking.

Fortunately, my new system backs up everything automatically as I go, so no more haphazardness on my part.

Stay tuned for The MSC Divina and The Equinox. And by the way, my nick name on the roll call for The Equinox is E-QUEEN-OX!

E: Because I am electric

Queen: Because I am one!

OX: As big as one!

I lost the entire review and so much more when my computer had a severe malfunction and they could not retrieve the information. I lost so much of my life's information. Thankfully, I had a great deal of it backed up on a hard drive, but not that review. It was too new and I was a boob not to back it up. Then with so much going on with The Christmas Charity House and The Reflection part two sailing, I could not fully remember what happened. To my regret, that was truly heart breaking.

Fortunately, my new system backs up everything automatically as I go, so no more haphazardness on my part.

Stay tuned for The MSC Divina and The Equinox. And by the way, my nick name on the roll call for The Equinox is E-QUEEN-OX!

E: Because I am electric

Queen: Because I am one!

OX: As big as one!

Oh shot. I was so looking forward to the story about Dusty's brother. That sounded like it could have been a doozie. Also wanted to know what happened w/ that rude bartender.

Guess I'll have to wait for my entertainment for the next reviews. Can't wait for the Equinox one since you said Hat Lady is going to be on that one.

Oh and from the first Reflection review did you and Jerome ever get your dinner in Murano in November when you were back on the Reflection since Godzilla ruined your first attempt.

Here is yet another one of our silly Adventures on board The Celebrity Reflection, filmed live while the ship was docked in San Juan for the TA Network.

You can see how much fun The Lawn Club Grill is, especially, wait for it, wait for it......when I toss the pizza.

So Here is The Cruise Critic Cruiseguys2009 Celebrity Reflection Lawn Club Grill video, which is the "rough", "unedited" (Don't worry, nothing dirty) version that I was able to squirrel away from the cutting room floor. The original, edited version is with the TA network and has been running since May. Can't publish that one as it's owned by the network.

Enjoy!

JW!

That was the funniest cruise video I have ever seen!!!!! This should have gone viral!!!!

Great job!!!

Oh shot. I was so looking forward to the story about Dusty's brother. That sounded like it could have been a doozie. Also wanted to know what happened w/ that rude bartender.

Guess I'll have to wait for my entertainment for the next reviews. Can't wait for the Equinox one since you said Hat Lady is going to be on that one.

Oh and from the first Reflection review did you and Jerome ever get your dinner in Murano in November when you were back on the Reflection since Godzilla ruined your first attempt.

Dusty's brother had a stalker who roamed the hall back and forth in front of their cabin door, and got caught. Dusty's brother then had a romantic interlude with the stalker and got caught, by his wife. It was a very public argument, in the atrium no less, with such fifty cent words that security was called and somebody went to the brigg!

The bartender was removed in Freeport and we saw him and his bags parked outside the security fence, and he did not know exactly what to do. Jerome suggested he swim all the way home.

And it was the italian venue, Tuscan Grille on The Reflection and Godzilla was specifically transferred to another ship, as many of the original staff we knew, remembered us and told us she was gone.....yay! We had probably one of the best dinners we have ever had at sea. The staff was incredible and so was the food at Tuscan. We were able to finally celebrate!

Dusty's brother had a stalker who roamed the hall back and forth in front of their cabin door, and got caught. Dusty's brother then had a romantic interlude with the stalker and got caught, by his wife. It was a very public argument, in the atrium no less, with such fifty cent words that security was called and somebody went to the brigg!

The bartender was removed in Freeport and we saw him and his bags parked outside the security fence, and he did not know exactly what to do. Jerome suggested he swim all the way home.

And it was the italian venue, Tuscan Grille on The Reflection and Godzilla was specifically transferred to another ship, as many of the original staff we knew, remembered us and told us she was gone.....yay! We had probably one of the best dinners we have ever had at sea. The staff was incredible and so was the food at Tuscan. We were able to finally celebrate!

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity. I'm sure that whole incident was a very interesting chapter in the now lost review as I'm sure a few JW amusing descriptions were use. But still appreciate the summary.

So glad you and Jerome were able to celebrate in Tuscan Grille as you said you had been so looking forward to it before it was ruined.