Eurodam Burger Joint - The Dive-In

billbunger

frikandellen speciaal are slit, then deep fried- served with curry ketchup, mayo, and diced onions..... mmmmm

lekker!

Now you tell me! I got it all wrong. Is a bun involved somewhere? Now we have to book another cruise so I can it right. I didn't even know about the curry ketchup. Is there a secret word I should use?

I really have to get better at researching this stuff. I did manage to score a Dutch breakfast in the Pinnacle though, so I'm feeling pretty good about that. ;)

Now you tell me! I got it all wrong. Is a bun involved somewhere? Now we have to book another cruise so I can it right. I didn't even know about the curry ketchup. Is there a secret word I should use?

I really have to get better at researching this stuff. I did manage to score a Dutch breakfast in the Pinnacle though, so I'm feeling pretty good about that. ;)

With a bun would be frikandellen broodjes. I like it without bread- ask for frikandellen speciaal- they should know how to make it. After all it is Holland America :)

Edited by frankc98376

With a bun would be frikandellen broodjes. I like it without bread- ask for frikandellen speciaal- they should know how to make it. After all it is Holland America :)

Thanks. That's a better low carb option. Probably not with fries though. ;)

Good to know! Thanks!

What are frikadellen? Kroket, I know.

It's like a meatball, but a ground mix of veal, and it's long like a hot dog, the best way it's called: Frikandel Speciaal, you slice it open through the middle and fill it wit mayo, ketchup and onions. You can also fill it with peanut sauce...

Just off Eurodam and loved the Dive In. The Nathans hotdogs with the fried onions are fantastic, the chicken sandwich with avocado was great with Gouda cheese and bacon added and the burgers were wonderful. We love them medium rare and they will cook them that way if you ask for it. The cheese sauce on the fries is a white cheddar and not that fake nacho sauce. Service was pretty quick and people scattered once they got their beepers.

Just off Eurodam and loved the Dive In. The Nathans hotdogs with the fried onions are fantastic, the chicken sandwich with avocado was great with Gouda cheese and bacon added and the burgers were wonderful. We love them medium rare and they will cook them that way if you ask for it. The cheese sauce on the fries is a white cheddar and not that fake nacho sauce. Service was pretty quick and people scattered once they got their beepers.

Thanks for the report!

Glad to hear the service has gotten a bit faster. We were on the Eurdam in February and the Dive-In was painfully slow. Would have eaten there more often, but 20+ minutes was a bit long to wait for a burger. Actually, probably a good thing for the waistline that it was so slow because it was very good (especially the fries).

Glad to hear the service has gotten a bit faster. We were on the Eurdam in February and the Dive-In was painfully slow. Would have eaten there more often, but 20+ minutes was a bit long to wait for a burger. Actually, probably a good thing for the waistline that it was so slow because it was very good (especially the fries).

I agree the service on the Eurodam was painfully slow and without fail they got the order wrong each time.

oh no! i'm sailing on the eurodam on sunday and i was sincerely hoping to be able to 'order wisely' and run every day and maybe not gain any weight. guess THAT'S not going to happen...sigh.

thanks for sharing. well, i thank you. my jeans--which will not fit when i return home--do not. ;)