It may be time to reconsider the all you can drink package...

missyoulikegravy

A. I bring my own bottle

B. I use a glass to refill it from the water container in HC. I do not touch the container with my bottle.

C. I am the only one drinking out of that bottle, so where's the problem?:rolleyes:

Cruises out of southampton on the the Caribbean princess in 2015 are including the drinks package if you book before the end of June. If you don't have to pay for it it's a good deal as other posters have said it includes tea, coffee, gelato, mock tails and soft drinks as well as alcohol.

A. I bring my own bottle

B. I use a glass to refill it from the water container in HC. I do not touch the container with my bottle.

C. I am the only one drinking out of that bottle, so where's the problem?:rolleyes:

Yes, when I was in the Scouts, I slept on the dirt, ate food cooked over a fire usually with grit in it, drank water from a stream or a dirty old canteen, let my dog lick my mouth (still do) and miraculously never have had noro or parasites.:eek: Just lucky I guess.:D:D

Are these all you can drink packages available on 5day cruises also? I'm sailing on the Ruby for a 5 day cruise in April but was told by Princess that it is only available on 7 day or longer cruises...

I'm on a five day Ruby cruise right now and they have the drink package. It's $287 (including tax and gratuity) for the five days. Any drink $10 and under is included and that includes mimosas in the morning, wine, beer, liquor and liqueurs.

Denise

Yes, when I was in the Scouts, I slept on the dirt, ate food cooked over a fire usually with grit in it, drank water from a stream or a dirty old canteen, let my dog lick my mouth (still do) and miraculously never have had noro or parasites.:eek: Just lucky I guess.:D:D

Considering your dog uses his/her tongue as toilet paper, yes you are lucky. :p

What's to clean ?:confused: You fill it with water, drink it, and refill it:rolleyes: No problem with the water in HC.

First of all why should I have to get out of my lounge chair or leave my room and walk all the way across the ship to fill a water bottle when a waiter who is walking by can bring me a fresh bottle of water. Second of all why should I schlep an empty water bottle around when I can dispose the bottle that the water came in. Finally with all of the threads I read about the fear of contacting noro virus I'm surprised that anyone wouldn't want to wash off the the spout that you suck the water out of as well as the inside of the bottle that has saliva wash back in it. I run my reusable water bottles through the dishwasher at home. I'm not trying to do dishes on a cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Iamcruzin

I'm the only one who drinks out of it! Anyway, I give up. You pay for your water if it makes you happier.

First of all why should I have to get out of my lounge chair or leave my room and walk all the way across the ship to fill a water bottle when a waiter who is walking by can bring me a fresh bottle of water. Second of all why should I schlep an empty water bottle around when I can dispose the bottle that the water came in. Finally with all of the threads I read about the fear of contacting noro virus I'm surprised that anyone wouldn't want to wash off the the spout that you suck the water out of as well as the inside of the bottle that has saliva wash back in it. I run my reusable water bottles through the dishwasher at home. I'm not trying to do dishes on a cruise

I'm the only one who drinks out of it! Anyway, I give up. You pay for your water if it makes you happier.

The point of my original post which totally morphed into a water bottle discussion was that the drink package isn't necessarily only for alcoholic beverages but also includes everything else up to $10. I would still consume just as much alcohol with or with out the package but with the package I would also consume other non alcoholic beverages that I wouldn't normally purchase or drink even if it were free.

If you are really curious about the all inclusive beverage packages, do some detective work on your own, ask your travel agent, go to the Princess web site, call Princess (for whatever that is worth), and get the real scoop. If you take the word of someone on here and it turns out to be wrong, you will be angry.

cavete emptor......nunquam est a se exposuit peritus

If you are really curious about the all inclusive beverage packages, do some detective work on your own, ask your travel agent, go to the Princess web site, call Princess (for whatever that is worth), and get the real scoop. If you take the word of someone on here and it turns out to be wrong, you will be angry.

With the newness of this package and the rules differing between ships, posters here who are or have been on the ships with this package will have more accurate and up-to-date information about this package than TAs, the Princess web site and the Princess phone agents.

Because plastic water bottles are a big environmentral problem.

If one is concerned about the environment, it would seem to

me that for vacation, they should be hiking, biking, etc.

Not riding around on a cruise ship which is burning tons

of fossil fuel.

Because plastic water bottles are a big environmentral problem.

I'm well aware of the Brita water filter commercials that prey on those who fear drinking tap water. It doesn't move those who purchase bottled water for convenience one bit. Why is it ok to dispose of a plastic soda,juice, or milk container but the poor water bottle gets a bad rap. All of this plastic can be recycled. I'm much more concerned about the adult diapers which seem to be advertised more and more destroying the environment.

Edited by Iamcruzin

If one is concerned about the environment, it would seem to

me that for vacation, they should be hiking, biking, etc.

Not riding around on a cruise ship which is burning tons

of fossil fuel.

Ironically plastic is is made from organic materials found in crude oil.