little things you really miss

chelseauk

[quote name='Rufferto']Hot sauces. I have about a dozen different types at home, each used with different foods. Tobasco does not cut it in all situations. Other than that, I don't miss anything![/quote]

Yes! I don't consider tabasco proper hot sauce, IMO. so found this lacking last time as well. I will bring my own next cruise. :D

Also, my cats of course.

[quote name='ghstudio']The dessert tray, the midnight buffet, the chocolate buffet, the choice of canapés in concierge class, the fruit bowl that included grapes, the fruit tarts,the pre spe aqua spa cafe, the sommeliers who would refresh your glass of wine, the bridge tours, the ice sculpture demonstrations, the music in the mdr.....[/QUOTE]

The aqua aqa café -pre dry-dock was very impressive, I was disappointed at how small the café was reduced to on the Solstice. Was he awesome café preserved after dry-dock on the infinity? Edited by MoyCoy

what happened to the ice sculpture demonstrations on the pool deck? I don't think I've seen those for a while....and with the grand buffet going away, I bet the extremely talented ice sculptors will find that when their current contract ends, they need to find another cruise line.

* internet access that is both fast and doesn't cost a fortune
* the ability to simply wash some clothes without sending them to dry cleaning and costing a fortune (luggage is a big issue when travelling from Australia)
* Vegemite, milo and tim tams - sadly these will never be available onboard so we take small amounts for "emergencies"

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

[quote name='xxpinksaltxx']* Vegemite, milo and tim tams - sadly these will never be available onboard so we take small amounts for "emergencies"
[/quote]

We have seen Vegemite on board. I believe that, after they introduced Marmite on some ships, they then had to carry Vegemite as well. Like the Marmite, you do have to search for the Vegemite as they do not have vast quantities. Edited by Project_gal

[quote name='Project_gal']We have seen Vegemite on board. I believe that, after they introduced Marmite on some ships, they then had to carry Vegemite as well. Like the Marmite, you do have to search for the Vegemite as they do not have vast quantities.[/QUOTE]

This is great news! We are a group of 16 Australians; our next cruise is in the Baltics. I apologise upfront if we consume all of the vegemite :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

I miss Diet Cherry Pepsi! It's my guilty indulgence and I'm too embarrassed to admit how much of it I actually drink. While on board Equinox 3-14 to 3-24 the Diet Coke is a substitute but it must have been too hot where it was stored because the sweetness was decreased or even gone. When I arrived at the airport I was thirsty and bought a Diet Coke and couldn't believe the difference in the flavor from what was on board the ship. I am considering dragging my own soda on board next time and skipping the expense of the soda package, for which I only drink Diet Coke.

So this may sound crazy but on every cruise I miss having the Weather channel.
I really love knowing what the weather is back home and also the weather forecast for the ports. Also miss a real bagel, but most of all I miss my kids.

[quote name='Holly g']So this may sound crazy but on every cruise I miss having the Weather channel.
I really love knowing what the weather is back home and also the weather forecast for the ports. Also miss a real bagel, but most of all I miss my kids.[/quote]
Makes sense. Although for my purposes that just goes back to missing internet access, since I always look up weather information on my smartphone.