little things you really miss

chelseauk

I was wondering what little things do you really miss when on board ?

The things that aren't expensive that we would really like to see celebrity to do for us.

For me its crisps, sandwiches, good quality Cheddar cheese (I'm English so American cheddar when sailing from the UK doesn't impress - sorry but it is nasty) and maybe a nice simple donut.

Oh and join the 21st century and let us at HDMI on the TV. I know some people get round it but really. :rolleyes:

What about you?

Edited by chelseauk

Sorry, but it's the other way for me. I miss Celebrity when I'm at home. Having my bed made, roomed tidied, a chocolate on the pillow with turn down, a cheerful greeting in the hall, good food that I don't have to cook, somebody else cleaning, etc. Why would I miss anything?

MISS?

I suppose technically I miss my morning cup of tea which I only have at home because I make it right. But the coffee from Cafe Bacio is a perfect substitute.

Otherwise as Poster 2 said I miss everything about the ship when I am at home

Sorry, but it's the other way for me. I miss Celebrity when I'm at home. Having my bed made, roomed tidied, a chocolate on the pillow with turn down, a cheerful greeting in the hall, good food that I don't have to cook, somebody else cleaning, etc. Why would I miss anything?

Totally agree with you.

It's more about what I enjoy that I don't usually have...but if I had to pick one thing I miss (food related)...Good salty pretzels (soft or hard) to enjoy with my ice cold beer !!:D

Edited by rwr235

I also agree with you!!

Edited by drarill

I thought of something I miss. My cat! I'd love to bring her, but considering how she hates a simple drive in the car, I don't want to consider taking her cross country.

For the 15 days I'm on the ship, I really don't miss a thing. I guess I could say I miss waking up without a hangover, does that count? ;) Martini Bar in 33 days!!:)

What I MISS is the scones and clotted cream in the afternoons when I get home!!

For the first day I miss not being able to use my phone, text, etc. After day 1, once the withdraws have subsided, it is the BEST feeling in the world to leave my phone in the room and not have to think about a thing.

I agree. that first day of no internet/phone is a killer. But after that it's relaxing to leave it in the room and now the word gets along just fine without me.

Hmm, I miss

Diet Pepsi

The dessert tray, the midnight buffet, the chocolate buffet, the choice of canapés in concierge class, the fruit bowl that included grapes, the fruit tarts,the pre spe aqua spa cafe, the sommeliers who would refresh your glass of wine, the bridge tours, the ice sculpture demonstrations, the music in the mdr.....

I was wondering what little things do you really miss when on board ?

The things that aren't expensive that we would really like to see celebrity to do for us.

For me its crisps, sandwiches, good quality Cheddar cheese (I'm English so American cheddar when sailing from the UK doesn't impress - sorry but it is nasty) and maybe a nice simple donut.

Oh and join the 21st century and let us at HDMI on the TV. I know some people get round it but really. :rolleyes:

What about you?

I am with you on crisps, sandwiches and cheese! The great thing is that we are sailing from the UK on our next cruise and I am packing some Walkers Cheese & Onion crisps! After all the rich food and over-the-top "sandwiches" with "garnish", by the end of our cruise, I am usually craving a plain Cheddar cheese and pickle sandwich. You know just a couple of slices of sliced-white loaf and proper cheese and Branston ...

It is not really cruising that is to blame. After two weeks in the USA, I am usually looking for somewhere to sell me a plain sandwich without the kitchen sink [OK not actually the kitchen sink but you know what I mean]. We also usually have a good old-fashioned lamb stew or homemade cottage pie waiting for us in the freezer.

OK, so I agree with you on this as well! I guess we are never satisfied but, on balance, I'll take the food cravings if I could have the pampering at home all the time!

Edited by Project_gal