Carnival pins

Cruisegirl6

[quote name='lyndamr']Hello, we just got off the Fascination last week and didn't receive the gold pins that we used to get, did they stop giving these out?[/QUOTE]

Yes and No.

New Golds get a pin when they become Gold. Then the ship/year specific pins are only given to Platinum and Diamonds.

Are you referring to the Whale Tail pin with the ship's name, or the VIFP pin? If it's the Whale Tail pin, Carnival stopped giving those out a few years ago. If it's the VIFP pin, it could have been an oversight (you should have gotten one). Call Carnival and see if they'll send you one.

[quote name='RWolver672']Does anyone know if they still sell the Whale Tail ones in the ship's store? I know they were bigger but at least they had them if you are collecting them like we are.[/quote]

I've never seen the whale tail pins for sale, but always buy the 'ship' pin w/name of the vessel, in the gift shop. Those are the only ones i ever recall seeing for sale and have bought one for every cruise.

[quote name='RWolver672']Does anyone know if they still sell the Whale Tail ones in the ship's store? I know they were bigger but at least they had them if you are collecting them like we are.[/quote]

I bought a Whale Tail pin on the Pride from the store.

What do most people do with their various pins?

I have quite a collection, and I have them in a shadowbox. I put a piece of corkboard in the box, decorated it with some pictures and stickers, and put the pins in the box.

For a while they were just stuck in a drawer, but I saw this on Pinterest for Scout pins, and I thought it would work for Ship Pins.

[quote name='RWolver672']Does anyone know if they still sell the Whale Tail ones in the ship's store? I know they were bigger but at least they had them if you are collecting them like we are.[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]I haven't seen them in a while, all they had was a ship specific Funship Freddy pin.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[quote name='DaisyGirl55']What do most people do with their various pins?

I have quite a collection, and I have them in a shadowbox. I put a piece of corkboard in the box, decorated it with some pictures and stickers, and put the pins in the box.

For a while they were just stuck in a drawer, but I saw this on Pinterest for Scout pins, and I thought it would work for Ship Pins.[/quote]

We bought a Funship Freddy and pinned ours to his shirt.

I have bought a ship's model of each cruise that we've been on. They are all lined up on a shelf in my garage. Above each model is an 8x10 picture of that ship in a frame. On the left side of each frame, I drilled a small hole and glued that ship's specific pin to the frame. At one end of the shelf is a whale tail mug and the other end has a blow fish mug.

[quote name='lyndamr']Hello, we just got off the Fascination last week and didn't receive the gold pins that we used to get, did they stop giving these out?[/quote]

They didn't stop giving them out for gold status, but from my understanding, the gold pins are only given out once, and that is on the sailing that you become gold. Once reaching Platinum status, guests will get a pin that includes the ship name (and year???) on each cruise.

[quote name='RWolver672']I have bought a ship's model of each cruise that we've been on. They are all lined up on a shelf in my garage. Above each model is an 8x10 picture of that ship in a frame. On the left side of each frame, I drilled a small hole and glued that ship's specific pin to the frame. At one end of the shelf is a whale tail mug and the other end has a blow fish mug.[/quote]

I have purchased a ship's magnet for all but the NCL Dream and have them on a door on my work station. I have taken the sail and sign cards and attached a piece of magnet to the back and they are under the ship's magnet. A couple months ago I found an NCL Dream key ring on Ebay which I bought, cut the ring part off and attached a piece of magnet to the back of that. I wouldn't mind having a model for each ship and may start that on our next cruise (of course that would mean locating all of the ones we've been on or re-sailing on those ships in order to get the model).

Oh, the pins are stuck in a cork board at work too.:) (I like the shadowbox idea though.)

[quote name='DaisyGirl55'][B]What do most people do with their various pins?[/B]

For a while they were just stuck in a drawer, but I saw this on Pinterest for Scout pins, and I thought it would work for Ship Pins.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Black"][B]Toss em.[/B] Even thought I'm plat, I have no desire for more clutter in my life. The memories are all I need.[/COLOR] Edited by LostPuppy

I suppose it's possible that a ship's store could run out of them if someone forgot to re-order more prior to sailing, but if you don't see any out on display, just ask one of the sales people. Unfortunately, the on line Fun Ships gift shop does not have any pins for sale, but you might try calling their phone number. It's 1-800-522-7648. Maybe there's a way you could order one. Also, there are a number of pins for sale on eBay.

For a while they were just stuck in a drawer, but I saw this on Pinterest for Scout pins, and I thought it would work for Ship Pins.[/quote] I have a cap we bought on our first cruise on Victory in 2004 and put the pins on the cap. I'll wear the cap to the CC meet and greet (good way to recognize me) and maybe the past guest party.

[quote name='lyndamr']Hello, we just got off the Fascination last week and didn't receive the gold pins that we used to get, did they stop giving these out?[/quote]
If you are referring to the platinum pins, I think they did quit giving them. I have not received one on my last 2 cruises in January and February. It is odd though because they still ask whether I got one when they send me the VIFP survey after each cruise. Edited by winddawn

[quote name='sparks1093'] I wouldn't mind having a model for each ship and may start that on our next cruise (of course that would mean locating all of the ones we've been on or re-sailing on those ships in order to get the model).
[/QUOTE]

I never started saving them until our third cruise. I checked on e-bay and found one of the missing ones and the person wanted $240 for it. :mad:

I then came on here and ask if anybody was willing to buy one for me on their next cruise, tell me what it cost, wait for me to send them a check, then mail it to me. Within a short period, I had all three missing ships. One person even mailed the ship to me before I sent him the check. There are some great people on this board. Granted, I could have booked a cruise on each one of them again but this way was a whole lot cheaper! ;) Edited by RWolver672

[quote name='RWolver672']I never started saving them until our third cruise. I checked on e-bay and found one of the missing ones and the person wanted $240 for it. :mad:

I then came on here and ask if anybody was willing to buy one for me on their next cruise, tell me what it cost, wait for me to send them a check, then mail it to me. Within a short period, I had all three missing ships. One person even mailed the ship to me before I sent him the check. There are some great people on this board. Granted, I could have booked a cruise on each one of them again but this way was a whole lot cheaper! ;)[/quote]

The people on CC can be super nice:). If I started doing it now I would need to get the three ships we've sailed on and of course one of them is out of service. Not sure I'd pay $240 even for that one:eek:.

For a while they were just stuck in a drawer, but I saw this on Pinterest for Scout pins, and I thought it would work for Ship Pins.[/quote]

Love this idea..could you post a pic of yours? I have mine on my camera bag strap but alas took them off after I lost the back to one in Miami's airport one cruise. Didn't want to take the chance of losing an actual pin..besides the strap was kinda uncomfortable on my shoulder ;)

[quote name='winddawn']If you are referring to the platinum pins, I think they did quit giving them. I have not received one on my last 2 cruises in January and February. It is odd though because they still ask whether I got one when they send me the VIFP survey after each cruise.[/quote]

We received the Platinum Pin with name of ship & year on our B2B on Liberty this past January.

I wonder if yours was an oversight. However, if you did a cruise in January & February, that would be strange to miss out twice.