getting the run around

cruise kitty

trying to finalize my Celebrity booking right now, so stinking annoyed!!

I have a courtesy hold, & received an email giving me the phone number to call to finalize the booking, called number, on hold for 15 minutes, finally get person who says he'll transfer me to the correct department!!! :eek:

Now on hold again, I would just do this online, but I have an open passage, & I don't think I can apply it myself online...:confused:

If anyone knows how to do this online, please let me know, I think my head may explode before I get this booking completed. :)

trying to finalize my Celebrity booking right now, so stinking annoyed!!

I have a courtesy hold, & received an email giving me the phone number to call to finalize the booking, called number, on hold for 15 minutes, finally get person who says he'll transfer me to the correct department!!! :eek:

Now on hold again, I would just do this online, but I have an open passage, & I don't think I can apply it myself online...:confused:

If anyone knows how to do this online, please let me know, I think my head may explode before I get this booking completed. :)

Hi....I would have suggested calling Capt's Club.....800 760 0654.

And you are correct...you cannot apply a passage yourself.

Hi....I would have suggested calling Capt's Club.....800 760 0654.

And you are correct...you cannot apply a passage yourself.

Thanks Lois, that's who I called, but for some reason they had to transfer me after my really long hold.

I was hoping there was a way to just do it online... but I guess not, still on hold right now, :)

Thanks Lois, that's who I called, but for some reason they had to transfer me after my really long hold.

I was hoping there was a way to just do it online... but I guess not, still on hold right now, :)

Sorry:(....seems like "hold" is the way it is now:eek:

Speaking of courtesy hold, I did one day before yesterday, and the travel agency that my Current cruise is booked with sent me an email indicating that Celebrity

Has turned over my booking to the travel agency. What if I didn't wish to use the same TA? :rolleyes:

I thought if I booked with celebrity that it would stay with Celebrity unless otherwise authorized by me. I will say though , I deal with a large online agency and the sole agent said that Celebrity had contacted him and he was basically stating that he could give me even more perks in addition to what celebrity is offering, but I was confused why celebrity would contact my travel agent for me.

Edited by 4cats4me

Hi, thanks :) I really like being in control of my own reservation, gotta take advantage of those one hour price drops :)

Actually, I am still in total control of my reservations while using my long time TA. I can contact her anytime 7 days a week ( or she has back-ups) and can get my request taken care of very quickly ... normally within 15 minutes ... and I don't have to deal with the cruise line.

Certainly understand, cruise kitty, what works for me might not work as well for you.

All of us have to do what is best and easiest for us. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Actually, I am still in total control of my reservations while using my long time TA. I can contact her anytime 7 days a week ( or she has back-ups) and can get my request taken care of very quickly ... normally within 15 minutes ... and I don't have to deal with the cruise line.

Certainly understand, cruise kitty, what works for me might not work as well for you.

All of us have to do what is best and easiest for us. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Hi, no, I don't have a TA, but your TA sounds great, :) I have my booking now, so all is good. :)

Until I have to phone them for a price drop:D

Speaking of courtesy hold, I did one day before yesterday, and the travel agency that my Current cruise is booked with sent me an email indicating that Celebrity

Has turned over my booking to the travel agency. What if I didn't wish to use the same TA? :rolleyes:

I thought if I booked with celebrity that it would stay with Celebrity unless otherwise authorized by me. I will say though , I deal with a large online agency and the sole agent said that Celebrity had contacted him and he was basically stating that he could give me even more perks in addition to what celebrity is offering, but I was confused why celebrity would contact my travel agent for me.

I know I've read about people doing an open passage or on board booking & it automatically is transferred to the last travel agent you used. I guess it's to keep from inadvertently poaching a TA's clients, but I see what you mean.

I know I've read about people doing an open passage or on board booking & it automatically is transferred to the last travel agent you used. I guess it's to keep from inadvertently poaching a TA's clients, but I see what you mean.

You're right. It is automatically assigned. But when we booked on board last December, we were presented with a form, saying we no longer wanted to use our previous agent. Once signed, we returned home and assigned the listing to a new agent. It took about ten days for our new agent to receive the transfer. Funny, but that agent left the agency, so our latest booking was with another "new" agent. Three cruises, three agents in three months

If you don't want it assigned to the ta that booked your current cruise, you just have to tell them but if you don't say anything, it will automatically be assigned.

But I don't have an open passage with this agency. I did purchase an open passage last year, the old type, but that was with a different travel agency, the one I used last year. Why did they transfer my direct celebrity held reservation to agency number two? Maybe what happened WAS because of the open passage and my new (current travel agency) was notifying me for my permission to release the booking to them? I'm so confused.