Mariner Credit for Vista Suite on Prinsendam

Dietemann

One more question for those in the know. We are booked in a Vista Suite balcony on Prinsendam. The next higher category is Signature Suite. Do we get double credits for the AA category Vista Suite? Just curious, so I know how much I'll have to spend to bump up to the next level.:)

I hope others chime in but I believe if the word "suite" is in the description of the cabin category, one gets double credits.

I just looked in the Cruise Atlas - page 29

"Suite Bonus - When you purchase a published fare for a spacious Suite or Pinnacle Suite, you'll not only enjoy special amenities but also double Cruise Credits."

On the deck plans for Prinsendam the AA category is listed as Verandah. No suite is after the name so I'm guessing no double day credits:(.

Edited to add - On the booking page its listed as a Vista Suite which would indicate double day credits. Very confusing!:confused:

Edited by ShenValleyGal

Alas, the only suites that qualify for double days are those with access to the Neptune and only if you do not get these through an upsell deal. However, you could do as I do and have lots of cocktails at the Ocean Bar, they can add up and add days! Have a great cruise. :)

Alas, the only suites that qualify for double days are those with access to the Neptune and only if you do not get these through an upsell deal. However, you could do as I do and have lots of cocktails at the Ocean Bar, they can add up and add days! Have a great cruise. :)

Any accommodation referred to as a suite earns double credit, as long as you book a suite and do not get there thru upsell or upgrade. Your statement that only those w/Neptune access get double is incorrect. HAL's site specifies suites, not Neptune and above.

Having sailed in both a Neptune Suite (top category) and a Vista Suite (second from the top category), I only got double credit with the Neptune Suite. The Vista Suite was formerly called a Mini-Suite and while very nice does not have the great perks of the Neptune Suite such as access to the Neptune Lounge, laundry and dry-cleaning in included and priority boarding and disembarking at each port.

I asked this question several months ago and was told now that the verandahs on deck 9 are called "suites", they do qualify for double points. Remember, HAL recently made changes to which cabins were in a specific category. Come to think of it, I may have even called HAL myself! However, certain ships (other than Prinsendam) were mentioned as NOT qualifying.

Having sailed in both a Neptune Suite (top category) and a Vista Suite (second from the top category), I only got double credit with the Neptune Suite. The Vista Suite was formerly called a Mini-Suite ...
If it was called a Vista Suite at the time you booked it (and you did not get it as a result of an upgrade/upsell) write to the Mariner Society; pretty sure you've got credits coming to you.

On Prinsendam suites are on deck 10 and 11 only (SS, SY and SA). These give Suite Bonus.

According to the HAL rep I spoke with, anything that now says "suite" gets double points on Prinsendam. This is something new. Small verandahs were NOT called suites before. Previously, it was only the categories you mentioned. It is according to the amount spent, so the categories you mentioned will get more points quicker. They also sell out and it's impossible to get those cabins!

Hal changed their designations not too long ago.

It is according to the amount spent, so the categories you mentioned will get more points quicker.
I don't understand this sentence. Are you saying that Signature Suites (SA, SY, SS) will get "more points quicker" than Vista Suites somehow? :confused:

According to the HAL rep I spoke with, anything that now says "suite" gets double points on Prinsendam.

The Prinsendam cabins on deck 9 with Balcony are (still) called "Verandah Stateroom".

We've been on Verandah suites (former name for Vista suites) on the Ryndam and received double day credit. The Prinsendam verandahs only became Vista suites recently, probably because they were frequently more expensive than Vista suites on other ships for similar cruises.

The Prinsendam verandahs only became Vista suites recently ...

They were called Vista Suites in 2013 and we did not receive a Suite Bonus then. Is there any 'proof' of this change of policy?

Edited by PeetNL

They were called Vista Suites in 2013 and we did not receive a Suite Bonus then. Is there any 'proof' of this change of policy?
AFAIK, just anecdotal reports. Email the Mariner Society saying you want the extra credits. :)

We received double credit in 2013 when we were in both a signature suite and a Neptune suite.

Which Deck? I Guess deck 10 (signature) and 11 (Neptune) on Prinsendam.

This discussion/thread is about Prinsendam Verandah suites on deck 9.:)

Seems the consensus is that if one books a category with the word "Suite" plus a Penthouse, of course, one gets double points. Thus all S categories regardless of the second letter and all S through BC's on the smaller ships should get double credits.

I think this may be something newer rather than older. At any rate I will be in an A category, Vista Suite formerly known as a Mini-Suite on my next TA leaving on 4/6. I will let you know the outcome. If I don't get double days (am not doing an upsell), I won't give up until satisfied. I need something to worry about because I know that I will love the cruise.:):)

Wow, interesting discussion. We'll wait and see what happens, double points would just get us to Level 3, so I'm not sure I can spend enough on incidentals ($4200) to buy up. We'll enjoy the cruise, no matter what.

Only proof is what I was told when I called HAL. I believe they patched me over to the Mariner section. I would like to believe that the rep knew what she was talking about---that is their job. Are you sure they were called Vista Suites then? From reading here and looking at the brochure, they were not called Vista Suites. Does the term "Deluxe Verandah Oceanview" sound familiar? That is what they were called before the recent change.

The only way we will know for sure is when one of us sails. I won't be able to report back until Aug. 11.

I have stayed in Vista and Signature suites - no suite bonus. Only Neptune Suites and Pinnacle Suites get bonus days. In other words, those that pay and do not take upgrade or up sell for the suites that have access to Neptune lounge will be the only ones that get the suite bonus.

I just confirmed this with HAD for my upcoming sailing in April. (Also did not qualify on Prinsendam in July)

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

Edited by falcon10156

I have stayed in Vista and Signature suites - no suite bonus. Only Neptune Suites and Pinnacle Suites get bonus days. In other words, those that pay and do not take upgrade or up sell for the suites that have access to Neptune lounge will be the only ones that get the suite bonus.

I just confirmed this with HAD for my upcoming sailing in April. (Also did not qualify on Prinsendam in July)

This has not been true in my case. My cabin mates and I have stayed in the following HAL cabins, and we automatically received the suite bonus for all three sailings:

Zaandam Verandah Suite AA6163 - Alaska - Aug. '10, now Vista Suite A6163

Maasdam Verandah Suite B176 - Canada/New England - May '12, now Vista Suite A176

Zaandam Verandah Suite AA6139 - Hawaii - Oct. '12, now Vista Suite A6139

KK