MS Westerdam Sail-Away- March 22, 2014

aliaschief

If you click on the green triangle for that container ship it should tell you about its travels. Also, down at the bottom of the screen there is a port schedule tag and it has info on ships in port for Pt. Everglades. Blue triangle is cruise ships; green-freight We know all!

[QUOTE=Marco's Tia;42148974]OK, I got a webcam shot with three ships in it, and it says "Hyatt Views" at the top. Is that where I need to be?[/QUOTE]

The one with the dark hull is our Westie! And if you scroll down a bit there is a map with blue dots on it; if you put your cursor on a dot it will tell you which ship you're pointing to. I think there are six in Port Everglades today. We're going to have a parade of ships!

[QUOTE=Marco's Tia;42148974]OK, I got a webcam shot with three ships in it, and it says "Hyatt Views" at the top. Is that where I need to be?[/QUOTE]

That's it. You can also get various other views at [URL="http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com/"]http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com/[/URL]. You should keep the original one open for the audio stream, this is how we hear the ship's whistles as they are leaving. Edited by 0bnxshs

Reporting in for sailaway!

I attempted to have two windows open for the port views--one with audio and the one without audio--plus this site.

My software did not support that and it shut down.

Too old of computer? Or what?

[quote=Marco's Tia;42149033]Oh my, learn something new every day. This is so cool. Can you watch all the cruise ships, every day, when they leave?[/quote]

Isn't great to learn something new? As others have said, this can be highly addicting! Take a wander around the webcam site after the sailaway and you can see other webcams! On and on it goes......

[quote=Marco's Tia;42149033]Oh my, learn something new every day. This is so cool. Can you watch all the cruise ships, every day, when they leave?[/quote]
Also, at the bottom of the page are listings for Port Schedule and Cruise Calendar. They tell you who is arriving and departing and which ships are expected each day. Also, if you hover over the map, you see the name of each ship in port and at sea...

[QUOTE=Marco's Tia;42149033]Oh my, learn something new every day. This is so cool. Can you watch all the cruise ships, every day, when they leave?[/QUOTE]

If you scroll down you will also see different ports with web cams. You can also request a wave from the ship and the camera operators will zoom in on you and you can purchase a sail-away video from them.

[quote name='rkacruiser']Reporting in for sailaway!

I attempted to have two windows open for the port views--one with audio and the one without audio--plus this site.

Too old of computer? Or what?[/QUOTE]

hmmm... something is surely amiss... :(

[quote name='rkacruiser']Reporting in for sailaway!

Too old of computer? Or what?[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to open your web browser twice rather open a new tab for the second view once your browser is open?