Blu

thames_side

Thinking of going back to Eclipse in 1915. Thought we might try acqua class. Blu restaurant sounds nice. Is it open sitting? Can you go in at any time?

Open seating, but you can request a waiter--may have to wait. Yes, go anytime, but try to avoid peak hrs for dinner. Breakfast no prob. Was on Infinity thru Pan Cnl. in 12--SAN-FLL. Love blu. They cater to your needs. If it's not on the menu, but on the ship, they'll get it for you. Well worth it plus other bennies. We're thinking of taking Equinox Oct 15 -15 Barc RT

Well, thanks for the prompt replies. Sounds good.

Another couple of questions.

Thinking of the aft cabins on deck 11 on Eclipse. Does the overhang from deck 14 keep the sun off the balconies?

Also do Acqua Class cabins have any free or particular access to the spa? What about the Relaxation Lounge in the bows of deck 11?

Thinking of the aft cabins on deck 11 on Eclipse. Does the overhang from deck 14 keep the sun off the balconies?

Also do Acqua Class cabins have any free or particular access to the spa? What about the Relaxation Lounge in the bows of deck 11?

I hope the overhang isn't too bad - there in October. As for the rest:

http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/life-on-board/accommodation/solstice-aquaclass/

Stuart

Yes AQ cabins include access to the Relaxation Lounge as well as Persian Gardens (heated loungers, steam and rain room, etc). I enjoy the heated loungers after a long excursion. Very relaxing.

We sailed in our first Aqua Class cabin on the Silhouette in late November 2013. We never cared too much for the dining room because we like to eat when we want and don't care to "dress up" for formal nights. I AM SORRY WE DISCOVERED AQUA CLASS!!!! The food in Blue is amazing, the relaxation room is peaceful and quiet, and we love the extras which go along with the cabins. My DH now refuses to consider any other cabins on Celebrity cruises. So much for several cruises per year. If we have to just go on one, it must be in an Aqua Class cabin. :cool:

As far as I know the aft cabins aren't in Aqua Class. They are either Sky Suites or Concierge Class.

Do the Aqua Class cabins on deck 11 get any sun? You be the judge.

ecbbd09a0dd854efb8671e7e1a3cc2e8.jpg

e0295e7f410c732701360dc766a31a48.jpg

Another day,...

008d970f25c6f02184ec41e3733db63c.jpg

Overall I think it's pretty easy to figure out. Put simply, depending on the position of the ship, say generally heading north or south for a Caribbean cruise, the sun rises on one side of the ship and sets on another. Depending on the level of the sun in the sky the cabin would get sun either in the early or late part of the day. Under the over hang the lower cabins get sun sooner and or longer, but an AQ cabin will get sun. Obviously there are cabins that don't have this issue, but being in AQ in Puerto Rico my last cruise we did not get rained on as the other non-overhang cabins did.

Anyway these are the picks from cabin 1576 on the Eclipse. Hop they help answer your questions. BTW, see the video in my signature for more cabin detail.

Open seating, but you can request a waiter--may have to wait. Yes, go anytime, but try to avoid peak hrs for dinner. Breakfast no prob. Was on Infinity thru Pan Cnl. in 12--SAN-FLL. Love blu. They cater to your needs. If it's not on the menu, but on the ship, they'll get it for you. Well worth it plus other bennies. We're thinking of taking Equinox Oct 15 -15 Barc RT

What , then, are "peak hours"?

- Joel

Do the Sky Deck 9 Aqua cabins on Infinity have foot stools? Noticed them on a previous photo and just wondered if it was just on the S Class ships?

No foot stools on the m class ships which clues the infinity.