Where is my Constilation Refund???

gkbiiii

In December I took a 5 night Constellation cruise, that was hold up in Key West for two days. The ship missed Cozumel as a direct result and there was little to do, but be bored and drink. Considering this line, is owned by Royal Caribbean International, I believe I should receive the same treatment, as shown with the parent company!!!

March 26, 2014pixel.gif Royal Caribbean Refunds Cruise Fares for Passengers on Ship with Propulsion Problems

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5800

Edited by gkbiiii

In December I took a 5 night Constellation cruise, that was hold up in Key West for two days. The ship missed Cozumel as a direct result and there was little to do, but be bored and drink. Considering this line, is owned by Royal Caribbean International, I believe I should receive the same treatment, as shown with the parent company!!!

March 26, 2014pixel.gif Royal Caribbean Refunds Cruise Fares for Passengers on Ship with Propulsion Problems

Sorry, they missed part of their cruise, you apparently did not, don't expect you will get a refund except for possible a port fee for missing Cozumel. That might however be offset by the extra port fare your ship incurred in Key West.

I was on this cruise and never expected to receive anything from X. Spending 48 hours in Key West is hardly boring but to each their own. The OP didn't mention we went to Nassau instead of Cozumel.

Sorry, they missed part of their cruise, you apparently did not, don't expect you will get a refund except for possible a port fee for missing Cozumel. That might however be offset by the extra port fare your ship incurred in Key West.

Yes we did, we missed Cozumel and were stuck at a navel base in Key West for two days! Royal Caribbean had the same thing happen on Adventure of the Seas (as shown in article) and not only refunded the passengers their cruise fare, but also gave them a 50% off voucher, for a future cruise!!! :eek::mad::rolleyes:

That ship didn't sail until 3 days after it was supposed to leave port, and missed 2 stops. Yours left on time, spent an extra day at one port (instead of a sea day) and swapped ports from Cozumel to Nassau. Swapping ports happens all the time - I took a cruise in 2007 that swapped out all but 1 port (which was Key West) due to hurricane damage at all the others we were scheduled for.

You didn't have a shortened trip or miss anything, completely different scenario.

Let me ask you - what is the difference between being in Key West for an extra day (sitting on the ship drinking/being bored) and being at sea for the day (sitting on the ship drinking/being bored)?

Yes we did, we missed Cozumel and were stuck at a navel base in Key West for two days! Royal Caribbean had the same thing happen on Adventure of the Seas (as shown in article) and not only refunded the passengers their cruise fare, but also gave them a 50% off voucher, for a future cruise!!! :eek::mad::rolleyes:

Sorry but that is not the same thing and please stop trying to make things worse than they were. You were not stuck at a naval base for two days, you had key west available to you. Your cruise was nothing like the one you referenced, apples and oranges. I would strongly suggest you go read the cruise contract.

Edited by dkjretired

Yes we did, we missed Cozumel and were stuck at a navel base in Key West for two days! ...

Are you saying that no one was allowed off the ship for 2 days?

Did they follow the activity schedule as planned?

We've missed Caribbean ports a few times due to rough seas, and usually they are not replaced; we just stay at sea. I've never had a refund for that.

I was on that cruise and had a WONDERFUL time. Being "stuck" in Key West was not a terrible thing. One of the top vacation destinations in the USA was a great place to have an engine problem.

We were not stuck at a naval base, they tendered people all day and late into the evening. We were moved so that necessary repairs could be made, we were moved maybe 500 yards at most.

We had a great time in Key West AND on the Connie, we never expected a thing from X. If this is the worst thing that ever happens to you on vacation you should count your blessings. Sometimes, STUFF happens, life isn't perfect.

And, YES, we did receive the difference in the port charges on our bill.

Edited by Gracie115

We spent two nights and one day at the naval base, and tenders were available both nights and all day. The first day we were at the normal cruise pier and had to move do to repairs and for the Disney ship's arrival. The tender was probably 10 minutes tops from Constellation to Mallory Square. We had an aft facing cabin and watched the tenders day and night from our balcony.

You missed Cozumel but got Nassau and from those who were in Cozumel the day we missed, it was a total rainout. At the end of the day we had three port days and on at sea day. The planned cruise had 2 and 2. Whine away, but the cruise line doesn't owe you, me, Grace111 or anyone on our cruise a thing.

Oh, by the way, I'm posting from the Constellation we're having another great cruise on a great ship.

Edited by Oville

This is just another example of the current "entitlement" mentality that seems to be pervasive in society these days. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

I did not book a Bahamas cruise, I booked a Caribbean cruise to Mexico. The only entitlement, is "corporate entitlement", as a way of not compensating passengers in ANY way, shape, or form!!!

Look, I am not a Jim Jones Kool-Aid drinker!

I did not book a Bahamas cruise, I booked a Caribbean cruise to Mexico. The only entitlement, is "corporate entitlement", as a way of not compensating passengers in ANY way, shape, or form!!!

Look, I am not a Jim Jones Kool-Aid drinker!

Sorry, but you are demanding that you want compensation for a cruise you took that had a change in the itinerary and using a shortened cruise as your justification. Sounds like you are either not aware of how the two situations differ (a lot!), or are demanding more than you agreed to when you signed the booking agreement. Based on the other replies to your post, some from people who were on the same cruise, it appears that you are being unreasonable. I also agree that anyone who demands more than he deserves exhibits an entitlement attitude. And that appears to be you at the moment. :rolleyes:

And what the heck does Jim Jones and Kool Aid have to do with this? :confused:

Edited by SantaFeFan

I guess he feels we are all Celebrity fanatics instead of recognizing how ridiculous his demands are. :p

Perhaps Celebrity could have offered some (small) amount of compensation but they are under no obligation to do so.

I guess he feels we are all Celebrity fanatics instead of recognizing how ridiculous his demands are. :p

Perhaps Celebrity could have offered some (small) amount of compensation but they are under no obligation to do so.

ANY REASONABLE Compensation would be fine, but NOTHING is not!!!

Let me tell you something, DISNEY would not have handled it, in this way!!!!

Edited by gkbiiii

If I recall, Celebrity did offer free drinks for an evening party.

This thread is truly upsetting. Yes, we didn't get to Cozumel but we were aboard for the five days and had two ports of call. Spending a couple of days and nights in Key West is a plus, not a negative.

I have no idea what type cabin the OP had, but this cruise after final payment was a "fire sale." We paid many, many hundreds of dollars more than a lot of people did as we booked this cruise really early and yet we have no complaints.

1) RCI does not own Celebrity; they are sister lines both owned by the same corporation (RCCL).

2) Your cruise is NOTHING like the one you are comparing yours to. Your cruise had a minor inconvenience (may even be viewed as a plus by some) and warrants zero compensation. The other cruise had major issues that seriously compromised people's vacation.

3) You may have made the absolute silliest, most ridiculous claim for compensation I have ever read on all my years on Cruise Critic.

Looks like you have made your decision as to who you will be cruising with in the future!!!! So long!!!!! Buh bye!!!!!! Don't trip on the gangway while leaving as you rush on over to Disney!!!!!!!

Edited by sloopsailor

I can hear the soothing sounds of "It's a Small World After All" waiting to greet you on your next cruise aboard a Disney ship, have a good time. But, beware, Disney has all the same "itinerary change" qualifications as X or Royal or any other line.

Itineraries change, stuff happens, this was SO NOT A BIG DEAL, and, as a bonus, all of us on board that cruise can claim to be one of the VERY few ships that got to witness sunset at Key West while docked....:)