Silhouette Celebrity Suite.... make me feel better!

Cruizlovers

Just wanted some candid advise, please no snarkey comments ... :)

Just booked a CS on Silhouette for 2015 Transatlantic. Last year did a regular balcony on RCL on a TA and it was a bit tight.

This is a bit of a splurge but figured for 15 days it might be worth it. My question, have you had this suite on a TA and would you do it again? Was it worth the money to you? Were the perks worth it?

Frankly this was more than we ever paid for a suite, how is your experience on suites pricing coming down? Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

I would always say go for the biggest cabin you can afford when on a cruise with a lot of sea days. The CS has a full-sized living room and a giant TV with great sound, a balcony with a full-sized dining table, and a beautiful bathroom with a jetted tub. The bedroom has its own big TV and tons of storage. All of these things matter to me on sea days, since I am more likely to spend time in my cabin. It's like having your own little apartment at sea.:)

Being able to dine at Blu is another benefit, especially for breakfast, where you can enjoy long, leisurely, breakfasts on those sea days.:cool:

We are in one of the CS suites on our next cruise which is a 13 night cruise. We snagged one of the four deep balcony CS. This will be our first time in a CS. We like the Royal suites so we know this will be a little smaller but we will have a deeper balcony.

I think for a TA you chose a very good stateroom. See if one of the four slanted balcony CS rooms are left. They usually go first.

We are in one of the CS suites on our next cruise which is a 13 night cruise. We snagged one of the four deep balcony CS. This will be our first time in a CS. We like the Royal suites so we know this will be a little smaller but we will have a deeper balcony.

I think for a TA you chose a very good stateroom. See if one of the four slanted balcony CS rooms are left. They usually go first.

Thanks for the info. We did snag 1233 on the hump slant facing forward. Hope this is a good one, anyone had this suite, comments appreciated!

I actually prefer the non-slanted CS balcony. It is a little smaller, but I prefer the view from the inside of the suite. The angle was distracting to me for some reason. I like the railing to be parallel to the horizon. Maybe it's just my OCD!:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Your gonna love it

All the perks of the RS accept no hot tub on the balcony and the table for 6 with they wet bar. You don't have the extra half bath in the main room.

Both suites get 2 (1) liter bottle booze plus mixers.

If you are traveling as a couple and don't plan to entertain this room is a really nice upgrade compare to the Sky suite.

All suites have a butler and can eat in Blu. Preferred seating in theater also.

Have fun....

Your gonna love it

All the perks of the RS accept no hot tub on the balcony and the table for 6 with they wet bar. You don't have the extra half bath in the main room.

Both suites get 2 (1) liter bottle booze plus mixers.

If you are traveling as a couple and don't plan to entertain this room is a really nice upgrade compare to the Sky suite.

All suites have a butler and can eat in Blu. Preferred seating in theater also.

Have fun....

I just came off the Reflection and we were in a RS. The Butler stated that the CS does not receive the free alcohol set up nor is it listed as a perk for a CS.

Here are the current perks per X for a CS.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=SI#staterooms/explore/ships/stateroomDetails.do%3FcabinType=CS&cabincls=D&shipCode=SI

Yep your right showing no 2 bottles of booze for CS

It was scotch and vodka but does not show it any more but RS does.

I just came off the Reflection and we were in a RS. The Butler stated that the CS does not receive the free alcohol set up nor is it listed as a perk for a CS.

Here are the current perks per X for a CS.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=SI#staterooms/explore/ships/stateroomDetails.do%3FcabinType=CS&cabincls=D&shipCode=SI

The Solstice Class Celebrity suites are our favourites as they have the ability to have two beds where as the Royals only have a queen bed. They have a nice size living room and beautiful ocean views.

We have had these for 4 crossings so far and they ride very well in rough seas, are close to the elevators and have a fabulous living room for chilling out. We do spend time in our rooms and with so many days at sea, we spend even more. We do movie afternoons and the butler brings popcorn and shrimp!

You cannot go wrong with this cabin. Enjoy!

Thanks for the info. We did snag 1233 on the hump slant facing forward. Hope this is a good one, anyone had this suite, comments appreciated!

Congratulations for having CS 1233!! As noted in the live/blog below, we just got off of the Solstice last month. It was a fourteen day cruise and we were in 1233. Great location, wonderful views from the big, big balcony, handy to the main elevator bank. Quiet. Nice added service options with a Butler. Lots of closet space, etc. Check out these postings for more info/background on this nice ship, its entertainment, food options, etc.

With your Butler, they can arrange a "private dinner" with food choices off of the Main Dining Room menu for that evening, etc. Serve it in courses, etc. That can be fun. Invite some folks in to enjoy the "experience". When doing the Norway Coast in July 2010, we had a Butler and did a "Party" with pizza and other treats in our room as we watched the Wold Cup game on TV, saw the coastal scenery go by, etc. It was a great, fun night.

Your Butler can make arrangements for speciality dining times (you'll get two for free with the Suite as I understand) and for dining at Blu. Definitely do Blu!! A key "secret" is that you get two pages of "Elite" coupons. That save money on laundry, Internet, etc. KEY POINT: Talk with your Butler early in the cruise. Ask for their suggestions, tell them what you like to make things better, more special, etc. For later afternoons, tell them any "treats" you'd like to have delivered to your room. You get a better selection of options for breakfast in your room. Ask about any special tours, such as seeing the Bridge, etc. The biggest plus is having more room and comfort. Our cruise was 14 days and that extra space made things work better, allow more comfort to relax and unwind. Other questions?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 46,455 views for this fun posting.

Congratulations for having CS 1233!! As noted in the live/blog below, we just got off of the Solstice last month. It was a fourteen day cruise and we were in 1233. Great location, wonderful views from the big, big balcony, handy to the main elevator bank. Quiet. Nice added service options with a Butler. Lots of closet space, etc. Check out these postings for more info/background on this nice ship, its entertainment, food options, etc.

With your Butler, they can arrange a "private dinner" with food choices off of the Main Dining Room menu for that evening, etc. Serve it in courses, etc. That can be fun. Invite some folks in to enjoy the "experience". When doing the Norway Coast in July 2010, we had a Butler and did a "Party" with pizza and other treats in our room as we watched the Wold Cup game on TV, saw the coastal scenery go by, etc. It was a great, fun night.

Your Butler can make arrangements for speciality dining times (you'll get two for free with the Suite as I understand) and for dining at Blu. Definitely do Blu!! A key "secret" is that you get two pages of "Elite" coupons. That save money on laundry, Internet, etc. KEY POINT: Talk with your Butler early in the cruise. Ask for their suggestions, tell them what you like to make things better, more special, etc. For later afternoons, tell them any "treats" you'd like to have delivered to your room. You get a better selection of options for breakfast in your room. Ask about any special tours, such as seeing the Bridge, etc. The biggest plus is having more room and comfort. Our cruise was 14 days and that extra space made things work better, allow more comfort to relax and unwind. Other questions?

Just back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 46,455 views for this fun posting.

Thanks Terry and everyone for responding. I truly do now feel more confident that I picked the perfect cabin! Just a few more questions....

I've read mixed answers about suite guests dining in Blu, what's the scoop on that? Why is it so good?

Regarding the in room dining, do we get to order off a set menu or whatever is served in the MDR that evening? What are lunch offerings? So I assume that it would be OK if we ordered food for our adult son to join us although he will be in his own balcony cabin?

This cruise is so far away but I already can't wait!! Again, thanks for all of your help. My mama always said that half the fun of a trip is planning for it... she was right!

Thanks Terry and everyone for responding. I truly do now feel more confident that I picked the perfect cabin! Just a few more questions....

I've read mixed answers about suite guests dining in Blu, what's the scoop on that? Why is it so good?

Regarding the in room dining, do we get to order off a set menu or whatever is served in the MDR that evening? What are lunch offerings? So I assume that it would be OK if we ordered food for our adult son to join us although he will be in his own balcony cabin?

This cruise is so far away but I already can't wait!! Again, thanks for all of your help. My mama always said that half the fun of a trip is planning for it... she was right!

Blu is of course like any other cruise ship dining is subjective to peoples opinions, some love it, others dont.

We stayed in a RS our last two cruises and never tried Blu, as we were very happy with what was served in the MDR and nothing appealed to me on the Blu menus (I am a really picky eater, not adventurous at all) BUT...do go to Blu for breakfast, it's very very good.

Suite guests may dine in Blu without any problem at breakfast, dinner is on an availibility basis. Ask your butler to make the reservation for you and he'll take care of it if it's possible. But, your son will not be permitted to eat in Blu for either breakfast or dinner. It is only for Aqua class and suites, no exceptions.

In suite dining is ordered from the MDR menus. Sometimes you can ask your butler to give you a sneak peek at the menus and you could decide what night you'd like to dine in. Just let him know and he'll take care of everything, and yes, he won't mind your son joining you.

Enjoy your cruise!

Oh Yea,

All suites have a butler. You will also have 2 people doing your cabin make up.

Whats really nice if one of you is not an early riser the Butler can deliver coffee and breakfast with the bedroom door closed. This is really a nice perk for us because.......we sleep better at different times. If your doing the Trans. there is always a time change sleeping can be an issue and one or the other person has the option to go sit in the living room, close the bedroom door and watch TV.

So I think the room comes with a butler, I take it this is in addition to your stateroom attendant? What would you use him for, not really wanting him to help me pack/unpack...

Just wanted some candid advise, please no snarkey comments ... :)

Just booked a CS on Silhouette for 2015 Transatlantic. Last year did a regular balcony on RCL on a TA and it was a bit tight.

This is a bit of a splurge but figured for 15 days it might be worth it. My question, have you had this suite on a TA and would you do it again? Was it worth the money to you? Were the perks worth it?

Frankly this was more than we ever paid for a suite, how is your experience on suites pricing coming down? Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

I've never had enough time off work for a TA, but I have had a CS twice on 7 night Caribbean. It is my favorite cabin class. I have had RS, and did not like it as much as the CS, actually. My husband and I have an Aqua suite booked next, and I'm worrying that after being spoiled by the CS, it's going to be "a tight fit!" :). Enjoy you're beautiful suite. Hope you got one of the CSS on the hump. The balconies are HUGE!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Hi

When you say a secret is that you get 2 pages of Elite coupons, I presume this is if you are not Elite already?

If you are Elite, do you receive any extra? The extra internet time would come in very helpful.

When we sailed recently in a RS we received Elite-Plus coupons, even though we are "only" Elite.:D

Blu for breakfast is the best. It's a beautiful room, the service is intimate and excellent, and the food quality and variety is wonderful. On sea days, nothing beats a long, leisurely breakfast in Blu in a table for two by the window.:)

I've never had enough time off work for a TA, but I have had a CS twice on 7 night Caribbean. It is my favorite cabin class. I have had RS, and did not like it as much as the CS, actually. My husband and I have an Aqua suite booked next, and I'm worrying that after being spoiled by the CS, it's going to be "a tight fit!" :). Enjoy you're beautiful suite. Hope you got one of the CSS on the hump. The balconies are HUGE!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Why? Were you in an RS on a Solstice class ship?

I have not stayed in either one, but I did visit each one. The RS on the Reflection was awesome.

My DW and I did not like the fact you cannot see outside from your bed in a CS. Perhaps it would be better if you had more than two in the cabin?

Here's CS 1233 we had last year

Appreciate the Celebrity Suite pictures. Looks very familiar and brings back nice memories from only a few weeks back. On our CS1233 on the Solstice, the balcony was lots bigger than what these pictures reflect. That angle location makes a nice difference.

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now over 47,100 views for this fun posting.

Here's CS 1233 we had last year:

Lounge_zps2cb33786.jpg

Baloncyother_zps68c157d5.jpg

Balcony_zps7ef9d478.jpg

BedroomampCupboard_zps71e9d78c.jpg

Bathroom_zpsf8801bf3.jpg

Thanks so much for the photos but I hope this is not 1233 on SILHOUETTE as I thought that cabin was on the hump slant facing forward. May be this is 1233 on another S class ship? Can anyone confirm? Thanks!!