Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I love Skyline on DCL so I'm happy NCL is copying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm just nervous for Norwegian. It doesn't seem like they covered all their bases, and Disney is a HUGE company.

Agreed. I'm a little disappointed. After seeing what Royal Caribbean did with the Quantum of the Seas, I was hoping NCL would follow suite and come up with some pioneering additions for their new ship. Not just a bigger retread of the Breakaway.

Since it's called Breakaway + class, and not a new class of ships, I thought it was understood that it would mostly be a copy of the BA/GA. Is it just me?

Since it's called Breakaway + class, and not a new class of ships, I thought it was understood that it would mostly be a copy of the BA/GA. Is it just me?

True, but why is NCL holding back on the new futures and just giving us some renamed venues after months of silence? That was a bit of a dissapointment for the largest to come ship for NCL.

"Building on the success of Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Escape features all of the revolutionary experiences of our Breakaway Class, plus a number of new spaces and interactive experiences meant to excite and inspire."

The extra deck 5 public space, the forwardWaterfront/"greenhouse" extension, the tubs on the top sundeck? Do they want to sell and fill a ship?

Or are we just too early adaptors aka curious Cruisecritiquers and will NCL wait for the mass public to pick up on the ship in the last few months of the build? :D

True, but why is NCL holding back on the new futures and just giving us some renamed venues after months of silence? That was a bit of a dissapointment for the largest to come ship for NCL.

"Building on the success of Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Escape features all of the revolutionary experiences of our Breakaway Class, plus a number of new spaces and interactive experiences meant to excite and inspire."

The extra deck 5 public space, the forwardWaterfront/"greenhouse" extension, the tubs on the top sundeck? Do they want to sell and fill a ship?

Or are we just too early adaptors aka curious Cruisecritiquers and will NCL wait for the mass public to pick up on the ship in the last few months of the build? :D

I sincerely hope this ship isn't a carbon copy of Getaway. While nice, it was definitely not my favorite. It doesn't appear to be, as there are extra decks, space, etc. I am anxiously awaiting further updates from NCL ....

It's still a long way off before delivery. Quantum is nearly completed, and we can still only speculate about some remaining public spaces and features. The "evolution rather than revolution" phrase is a bit hackneyed now in this industry, but it holds true for the relationship Escape will have with Breakaway. A lot of lessons from Breakaway will be incorporated into both passenger and technical aspects of the design, so, at the very least, Escape should provide a superior type of Breakaway experience.

• 4 weeks later...

I am very, very anxiously awaiting news of entertainment on the ship. Come on, NCL!

I had originally booked a cruise on the Getaway because I looooove "Legally Blonde: The Musical". NCL canceled that cruise and turned it into a 12-day cruise and encouraged those of us who had already booked the canceled cruise to switch to the Escape. I took them up on their very generous offer...

However, it means I will no longer get to see Legally Blonde. :(

I'm definitely not complaining, though...since I'm getting to cruise on a brand spankin' new ship at a very nice price. And, as I've told myself many times before, I can always take my next cruise on the Getaway and see Legally Blonde.

Even so, I still can't help but be a little anxious (and excited) about what the main entertainment on the Escape might be.

Any guesses as to how far in advance the announcement might come?

It seems like news about Legally Blonde on the Getaway was announced in May 2013...and the ship went into service January 2014. Sooo...that's about eight months before the first sailing. Which means that if the Escape goes into service in November 2015, we won't hear any entertainment news until...February or March 2015? Oh my! How am I going to make it that long? lol

Any rumours/facts if they are going to make the pool(s) larger? That seems to be a big issue with the BA and GA pool decks.

And if they keep Spice H20, will they include a pool like they did on the Epic?

I haven't heard anything so far, but I could check the relevant block, if you could recognize the pool areas, when I am back at Meyer Werft.

Today I have some photos for you that were shot from a different angle.

As you can see, the first mega block is almost finished.

709fbddc6be28a7e68a1d9b9959eac96.jpg

And the staircases and balconies are already installed. I'm not sure, but some cabins should already be onboard as well. aeb1941e29e8a9dea1b11218196b046d.jpg

Wow very exciting