Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Family Ocean View with large picture window.

The deck plan shows two very different photos of this category. We booked cabin 11700 as we may be bringing our Granddaughter so does anyone know which picture is correct? One shows a couch near the picture window and one shows a typical ocean view layout.

Thanks

Family Ocean View with large picture window.

The deck plan shows two very different photos of this category. We booked cabin 11700 as we may be bringing our Granddaughter so does anyone know which picture is correct? One shows a couch near the picture window and one shows a typical ocean view layout.

Thanks

Check out http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2052401

Thanks for the look at some forward cabins, looked different than I am used to.

I am still looking for info on the cabin lay out of the Forward Family Ocean view of the Escape, cabin 11700. Is there a couch in there for the 3/4 person?

I know that a lot about the Escape is not yet known but I was wondering what those cabins, if there are any, looked like on the BA or GA.

Thanks,

Lynda

Thank You !

Do you have a start-up date for ship's the main frame? :)

Here's a link to an outdated block plan, delayed by the Quantum having only moved out today. I think we'll see the beginnings of Escape very soon.

http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/Teddricks/media/April232014FlickrJanvandenHeuvel_11_HALL6_zps344ca5d2.jpg.html

My wife and I have done the Epic, Breakaway and the Getaway in the last 18 months. We absolutely love the entertainment in these two rooms. Does anyone know if they are going to have Headliners and Fatcats and what will be the entertainment in them. We spent almost every night going between the Dueling Pianos in Headliner, the music in Fatcats(grammy room on the Getaway) and the comedy in Headliners. Please someone tell us that they are keeping these rooms with the same entertainment. We have been lucky enough to see lots of great entertainment in these rooms. My wife loves the Dueling Pianos, I love the comedians and we both love the music in FAtCats(Grammy ) room. Who do I tell at NCL to keep this.

Steve R in Ill

Booked my forward penthouse today and secured corner room on the 14th floor for Dec 5th sailing. Scored a great offer from my agent too. $400 OBC from NCL and additional $300 from my agent! A whopping $700! 😁 this will be my first time in Haven. Can't wait.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
While browsing through a thread on Quantum/Anthem of the Seas, saw this in an album from David Pogue.

Its the only picture of it, and there is a 18 second video filmed on it, facing the Anthem build.

Album:

Appears to be a part of Anthem's hull I think. :(

If we are able to spot Escape blocks they still will be on the dockside of the drydock. After the keellaying ceremony we should see them coming together in the drydock is my guess.

But there must some, at least, partial blocks on that shipyard somewhere but they're not showing them hehe.. grrr. :D

http://www.ttgdigital.com/news/norwegian-considers-another-try-before-you-buy-day/4692500.article

Norwegian considers another 'try before you buy' day

27 August 2014

The inaugural celebrations for Norwegian Escape are likely to include another “try before you buy” day for the trade, Norwegian Cruise Line has revealed.

Norwegian Getaway christening

Francis Riley, vice-president and general manager international, said the “try before you buy” concept, whereby UK travel agents offered one-night taster cruises on Norwegian Getaway in February to their customers - with the cost refundable if they made a further booking - had been such a success that the line is keen to repeat the initiative.

“We got a lot of good feedback from agents, and the bookings have been consistently coming since the event, so we know it works,” said Riley. “October 2015 will be a great opportunity for setting up sales for 2016.”

The new ship, which comes into operation in October 2015, is scheduled to sail from Europe to Southampton on October 25.

The “try before you buy” day will likely be October 28, following a consumer day on October 27, and before the ship leaves on a transatlantic voyage on October 28.

The ship’s European inaugural will be out of Hamburg rather than Rotterdam for the first time, which Riley said reflected the growing importance of the German market.

But he said while both the UK and German market are performing strongly, he could not yet say whether the company would base a ship in either country in the immediate future.

“With four ships coming between 2015 and 2019 we’re adding close to a million guests by 2020. We’re starting to figure through the deployment plan. Does that mean a UK ship? A German ship? Nothing’s off the table - but there’s also a lot of North American ports we’re not in yet, and clearly Asia is a massive opportunity for us and it’s more of a case of when, rather than if, we’ll go into Asia,” he said.

I was just looking at the NCL website and noticed that the last update on Escape was back on March 20th. NCL should be releasing more updates soon to build up excitement for this new ship.

Any comments?

Agree. QotS float out is over, time for a keel laying ceremony and some more news! :D

What I don't know but "guess" they should have a bar on 17 for the courtyard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I had given up my original cabin on deck 17. Long story - cancelled and ended up re-booking. Anyway, we took one on deck 18. My only concern is noise from possible chairs above, but not much I can do about it now.

I booked us on 18 to be on the restaurant floor instead of the pool deck. (I hope the restaurant also has a bar/lounge.;)) I kind of worried about the 'chairs above' noise, but I figure that would only (possibly) be a nuisance during the daytime and Haven guests aren't really chair draggers. :cool: Plus, the loungers are crammed so close together that there really isn't any place to drag them. The cleaning crew might make a bit of noise, but I expect them to be respectfully quiet because they usually are. But then again, we are portside, so above our heads may be a public area. :eek:

Anyway, bottom line........It's ALL GOOD! :D:D:D See you at breakfast!

Alison