Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Thank you for the info. I watched the youtube video you sent and saw the screen and right after that one was another one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNKZrvwdfvY and this one was about 25 min long but gave some good info on the Escape.

I hope NCL adds screens by the pool as well. Considering this is one of the reasons that we chose to sail PRINCESS (we are sun worshipers) and they debuted the MUTS (movies under the stars) over 15 years ago! I'm not sure why NCL has been so slow to embrace that concept.

I would love to be able to watch films while hanging out at the pool like we did on PRINCESS. I'm told that Carnival and or Disney have screens by the pool as well but can't verify that as I haven't cruised those lines in forever.

CUontheC: There is definitely a huge screen on the aft Spice H2O deck, and they definitely play movies there. If the Getaway was any example, there will be something there in the afternoons. They might show films at night, but many nights, Spice H2O is the site of various parties. Then, the screen is dedicated to those themes.

There were movies shown on the big screen in the Atrium, too. They were woven around live shows and games there.

Following Princess' MUTS would be a good move to have dedicated movies every night.

At the Atrium it attracts a good amount of people so NCL should be aware of the potential.. hopefully. :D

Booked today! Not sailing till the end of March 2017 tho... I booked a large balcony, port side... And interested in the large balcony mini tho. We just got off the Pearl (1st timers) and loved how convenient it was being on deck 11 with the buffet, splash academy and the pool just right above us. It's hard to imaging being on deck 9 or a mini suite on deck 8 and having so many floors above us before the pool area.

Definitely want the large balcony... You all think moving down a floor to the mini suites is a good or bad idea... Not that much of a price difference. We really want a lounge chair option on our own lanai. We sat out there a lot on the Pearl but couldn't really relax in those upright chairs.

Also... Man, I think I need a longer cruise! Lol. We did 11 nights on the Pearl and had hardly enough time to do things... A week on a ship this big... Boy, I think it will fly by.

Can't wait to follow along :)

Booked today! Not sailing till the end of March 2017 tho... I booked a large balcony, port side... And interested in the large balcony mini tho. We just got off the Pearl (1st timers) and loved how convenient it was being on deck 11 with the buffet, splash academy and the pool just right above us. It's hard to imaging being on deck 9 or a mini suite on deck 8 and having so many floors above us before the pool area.

Definitely want the large balcony... You all think moving down a floor to the mini suites is a good or bad idea... Not that much of a price difference. We really want a lounge chair option on our own lanai. We sat out there a lot on the Pearl but couldn't really relax in those upright chairs.

Also... Man, I think I need a longer cruise! Lol. We did 11 nights on the Pearl and had hardly enough time to do things... A week on a ship this big... Boy, I think it will fly by.

Can't wait to follow along :)

I agree. Our 7 days on the Escape isn't long enough. We did a back to back on Epic in 2010. 14 days flew by.

I hope NCL adds screens by the pool as well. Considering this is one of the reasons that we chose to sail PRINCESS (we are sun worshipers) and they debuted the MUTS (movies under the stars) over 15 years ago! I'm not sure why NCL has been so slow to embrace that concept.

I would love to be able to watch films while hanging out at the pool like we did on PRINCESS. I'm told that Carnival and or Disney have screens by the pool as well but can't verify that as I haven't cruised those lines in forever.

I actually saw the screen on the Escape and assumed it was the same as the MUTS on Princess. However, I don't think it is. I am sure they will be other things to do but we really liked this concept of watching the movies outdoors. Kinda reminded me of a drive in.

Has anyone heard of a restaurant that will be serving sushi on the Escape? Maybe I have missed it...

So far no sushi restaurant..its blank on the dining guide PDF for Escape. Looks like the are going with different ala cart items.

I'm a big sushi lover and still holding out hope...

Edited by TwizzlersAddict

Has anyone heard of a restaurant that will be serving sushi on the Escape? Maybe I have missed it...

I have not. With so many new concepts something had to make way, and that something seems to be a dedicated sushi bar.

Ah, then you probably attend the South Beach Dachshund Winterfest!

Absolutely! Each January, we bundle them up (our oldest is now 15) and off we go to Lummus Park to march with 1000 other weenies....I got down to ground level with my video camera so all you could see were the dogs walking by during the Grand Parade.....hysterical!

Edited by Diver2014

So far no sushi restaurant..its blank on the dining guide PDF for Escape. Looks like the are going with different ala cart items.

I'm a big sushi lover and still holding out hope...

I can't believe they aren't having a sushi bar! One of my favorites.

I can't believe they aren't having a sushi bar! One of my favorites.

Restaurant called 'Food Republic' says it will have Sushi. See copy below:

Travel somewhere new with every delicious bite at the Food Republic by the Pubbelly Boys. A fusion of foods and cultures from around the globe, every sumptuous dish has been specially curated by the Pubbelly Boys, the culinary team who have reinvented the South Beach dining scene. Travel to Peru with the boys and indulge in their version of ceviche. Jet away to Japan and try a new kind of sushi roll. Or have a hearty helping of noodles from China the way the boys envisioned it. With new iPad menus, a variety of familiar favorites and unique additions from around the globe, you can travel the world without ever leaving the ship.

Restaurant called 'Food Republic' says it will have Sushi. See copy below:

Travel somewhere new with every delicious bite at the Food Republic by the Pubbelly Boys. A fusion of foods and cultures from around the globe, every sumptuous dish has been specially curated by the Pubbelly Boys, the culinary team who have reinvented the South Beach dining scene. Travel to Peru with the boys and indulge in their version of ceviche. Jet away to Japan and try a new kind of sushi roll. Or have a hearty helping of noodles from China the way the boys envisioned it. With new iPad menus, a variety of familiar favorites and unique additions from around the globe, you can travel the world without ever leaving the ship.

I am definitely going to check out Food Republic. Looks like lots of interesting items on the menu.

Does anyone plan to post live from the TA? I'm sure we will have postings from the few short cruises prior to the TA. Anyone know if Andreas will be onboard?

I usually do, my husband is coming with me, so I will be doing more than just gambling this time :)

Both food republic and margaritaville will be lunch options correct? We got bored of going to the buffet on the Pearl for lunch (dd wasn't keen on o'shehans menu) be nice to change it up.

I don't know the answer to that, but have enjoyed the lunch menu in the MDR. Popcorn shrimp appetizer is delicious. :D