Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Do you mind me asking if you're bed was closer to the balcony or the closet? I will be in your cabin in two weeks. :D

The bed was by the closet. You will love the balcony but use a washcloth to wipe the soot off the chairs and railing in the mornings before you enjoy your morning coffee with that view! Your cabin steward, Maneesh, is terrific.... Ice twice a day without even asking for it.

Well, not sure what or when but the formerly Bliss/Breakaway Plus #2 will have a duck tail design.

A ducktail's primary purpose is to elevate the stern so that the ship can achieve forward downward trim. This prevents the ship from having to sail "uphill" over her own bow wave, and provides better water flow over the bulbous bow, which results in greater fuel efficiency. I've heard that they can also provide a smoother ride in rough seas, but that's all relative. A ducktail tends to slap waves, which causes the stern to shudder. For some, that could actually feel worse.

Edited by barnacle_boy

Question: is the night for the kids club, where the kids all sort of meet each other... Is this the first night on the ship?

Yes, except for the kids that don't go until the 2nd night. They meet others on the 2nd night... and except for the kids that don't go until the 3rd night... they will meet others on the 3rd night.

That's kind of what I was asking too. Because I remember reading the first night they had something where you register them and they meet other kids. But I guess that was a stupid question lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's nothing wrong with your question. :) There are no stupid questions. Don't be afraid to ask anything you are not sure of. There are only a few that will try to make you second guess your questions. :rolleyes:

My kids are older but I have read numerous time on here that you want to make sure you take your kids the very first day because some only go that day and meet friends that they then hang out with for the rest of the cruise.

Edited by peg013

Since there are no stupid questions, I was wondering if anyone knows if they have Diet Dr. Pepper on tap? I'm pretty sure NCL is Pepsi, not Coke, right? But you never know about Diet Dr. P.

Unfortunately, no. I'm addicted to Diet Mountain Dew, and they didn't have that, either. :(

Diet sodas actually are harder to deliver via tap (different ratios and clog the lines more) so its rare to see them offered via bar guns sadly...

Unfortunately, no. I'm addicted to Diet Mountain Dew, and they didn't have that, either. :(

If I have missed it, please point me in the right direction but I have been unable to book the Supper Club without using SDP on our upcoming Escape cruise.

Since all reservations are made under my name, I am fine, but others traveling can only make reservations using their SDP.

Is there a way to get NCL to book the Supper Club without using the dining package? I have attempted to call customer service a couple of times but was advised it can't be done. HELP!

Thanks

If I have missed it, please point me in the right direction but I have been unable to book the Supper Club without using SDP on our upcoming Escape cruise.

Since all reservations are made under my name, I am fine, but others traveling can only make reservations using their SDP.

Is there a way to get NCL to book the Supper Club without using the dining package? I have attempted to call customer service a couple of times but was advised it can't be done. HELP!

Thanks

I booked mine under the entertainment in my cruise summary. no problem they took my money

I booked mine under the entertainment in my cruise summary. no problem they took my money

Under Entertainment it shows regular rate for me, but discounted rate for wife since all reservation under SDP are in my name alone.

Edited by Chipster2

The inability to book the specialty dinner shows without using a SDP is a major flaw in the system. I had the exact problem on the Getaway in September with the Illusionarium. I had a 3 day dining package and then booked the Illusionarium separately. NCL screwed up everything and I ended up paying for mine as I wanted but my wife's UDP was used to discount the show for her. This resulted in an additional charge for Teppanyaki as she ran out of dining since they used it for Illusionarium against my request. It was a complete mess and I need up paying more than I would have if they had just let me pay the $35 for the show/dinner and left the 3 dining reservations alone. I tried to get them to fix it but they refused. Honestly I was so frustrated and it just wasn't worth the fight as I was ruining my cruise with the aggravation over the $15 or so dollars extra I need up paying. NCL really needs to fix this as it is not right to try and fore people to use the SDP for the discount on the show/dinner as it only gives you a $15 discount when you could have used it on a dining venue and save $30. I hope this makes sense as I was rambling as I felt my frustration coming back! :-)

Thanks

I don't know if they corrected it or not. We were on the December 12th cruise. My sister, had the 3 meal SDP. When she booked the supper club, it automatically gave her the $17.70 price. Naturally she didn't want it, because she'd rather use the SDP for a $35 meal at Teppanyaki, or Cagney's. After talking with 3 different cruise consultants they finally gave her to a technician. She cancelled the supper club, and loaded her up with 3 specialty inners. So her SDP would be used up. Then she booked the supper club again. It still came up $17.70.

The tech then cancelled the dinners, and left the supper club reservation as it was. We made reservations for 3 dinners when got on the ship, since we couldn't get Cagney's or Teppanyaki online. No Charge! At that time, the system didn't recognize SPD being used up for the supper club. As long as the SDP tag was on the booking, you got the reduced price for the supper club.

I will say we had reservation for the 5:45 show on embarkation day. You may be aware that they used to give you Cirque, on Epic or Illusionarium on Getaway free with UDP, if you used it the for the first show, the first night. Not sure if that's coming into play now or not, as they stopped that policy on those ships.