LIMEageddon

charlie52

We sail next week....

Any updates on the lime shortage?

Western Caribbean/Corona's/Margarita's NO LIME

Does NOT make sense to my brain!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some things you have no control over. All kinds of articles in the news about the lime shortage.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/03/26/lime-mexico-high-prices/6914737/

All I can say is come on Celebrity PLEASE bite the bullet for me and buy the expensive limes. Caribbean vacation with no limes is no bueno! How about a lime surcharge

If there are no limes you should ask for a refund. And 50% off a future sailing. And an onboard credit. And a personal apology on lime green stationery.

I agree!!!

One precious lime onboard Equinox at Martini Bar last sailing. When a friend asked for a Key Lime Martini the bartender placed a set of keys in a Martini glass with the solitary lime on top and said that was the best he could do...it became a running joke. :eek::rolleyes::cool:

Heavens ! Cant imagine a Cruise vacation without Limes. Certainly not Sublime. Who knew we could get squeezed on such a topic, and it seems there's plenty of juice left in this one. If we continue this discussion, it will probably be the pits.

BTW Charlie52, have a great cruise. I'm green with envy !

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Heavens ! Cant imagine a Cruise vacation without Limes. Certainly not Sublime. Who knew we could get squeezed on such a topic, and it seems there's plenty of juice left in this one. If we continue this discussion, it will probably be the pits.

BTW Charlie52, have a great cruise. I'm green with envy !

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Sure, trying to steal the limelight again...

Okay seriously, can I bring my own from Florida or is that a no no???

Neither limes nor any other food time appear on the list of prohibited items to take on board. As has been noted on many other threads, it is ill advised to try to smuggle any food items OFF the ship at any of the ports due to food import restrictions in those ports.

This leaves a sour taste in my mouth:D.

They are 99 cents each here in Vancouver but I managed to find a sale where they were 5/$2. Should I have bought a sack to sell on our cruise next month?

Neither limes nor any other food time appear on the list of prohibited items to take on board. As has been noted on many other threads, it is ill advised to try to smuggle any food items OFF the ship at any of the ports due to food import restrictions in those ports.

So that settles it...

I will bring my own :-)

A guide on one of our recent Caribbean tours said there there will likely be a banana shortage in the next 40 years or thereabouts. :eek: While we are waiting for the lime drought to end, maybe we should all switch to banana daquiris while we still can. :)

Host Andy, you are very punny.

Greetings

Since lime trees are everbearing, this is probably only a temporary condition. Unfortunately it will probably be June before the next crop is ready for market.

My Key Lime also lost most it's fall/winter fruit. Our weather wasn't bad, maybe a little too wet, but for some reason most the friut dropped. It is now completely overloaded with tiny fruit and it looks like this crop will be huge. Hopefully the Mexican lime groves are also in rebounding and we will all have our precious Coronas, margaritas, and mojitos again soon.

Good Sailing

Tom

When life gives you lemons, you will have to use them instead of limes.

Ha, I had fish tacos for lunch today, and instead of a small piece of lime there was a small slice of lemon. I actually like it better.:)

Still 50 cents each at our local Safeway in the SF Bay Area. When I shopped for limes yesterday, the fellow in the produce department was starting to unload a huge carton full. We have two lemon, an orange, and a grapefruit tree in our yard. Time to plant a lime!

We have a large Kafir lime tree (the leaves are used in Thai cooking) in SW Florida...and it produces smaller limes with just a little juice but much flavor...they would be wonderful for coating the edge of that margarita glass.

Perhaps this could be a new business opportunity :)