Willie Aames resigns as CD

WesW

Someone who just got off the cruise where he departed early (and Leslie Jon stepped in), said he left because he child was sick.

He was supposed to be CD on the June 7 sailing of Regatta (first cruse post rehab) and i was looking forward to sailing with him.

Where is Oceania going to get good Cd's? And with an extra ship in the fleet.

Willie gone

El professor Roy is gone (I know many did not like him as CD)

ND is still there UGH

Edited by pacheco18

I very much look forward to our Riviera cruise next month with Nolan Dean as our CD. He was a delightful Assistant CD a few years back.

To each his own.

One woman's "delightful" is another's "unbearable"

I have already suffered twice

i have three O cruises this year coming up

Hoping against hope he is NOT the CD on any of them

ND was our most recent CD... he was ok, but immature and - to me - self-absorbed. I got tired of hearing about his girlfriend, and how he was having to work on his birthday, blah blah blah. But then I thought Roy Perez was okay -- so I guess it is to each his/her own!

We have had Mr. Perez, and yes, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. He was condescending and really insulted management...at least to us.

We have never had a really good CD except Willie and Mr. Solaire (on Regent).

There are so many segments we have booked...and we are hoping against hope that they beg, borrow or steal someone really good. For us, a good CD makes the cruise. They are the greeters and they are the face of management.

Yes, I am taking a deep breath...Willie is a loss.

To each his own.

One woman's "delightful" is another's "unbearable"

I have already suffered twice

i have three O cruises this year coming up

Hoping against hope he is NOT the CD on any of them

While I don't share your view of Nolan Dean, I may have good news for you. Nolan was CD on our recent Riviera cruise and he mentioned that he was on his last contract with Oceania. He will be leaving once it's completed in June. So odds are in your favor.

While I don't share your view of Nolan Dean, I may have good news for you. Nolan was CD on our recent Riviera cruise and he mentioned that he was on his last contract with Oceania. He will be leaving once it's completed in June. So odds are in your favor.

So now we have lost Willie, Roy and Nolan. Maybe they will promote Churchill the Butler, I always liked him:D

I guess we are going to see a lot of new faces in the CD position in the next few months. Hoping for some winners. For those of who love trivia, the CD is an important part of the equation.

A good CD can really enhance a cruise. A bad one just has to be avoided.

A good person who deserves a chance to step up is Chris -- sorry, I don't remember his last name -- we had him as an assistant CD on Regent and again on Riviera, and like hm very much.. He also has a fabulous voice and has had several one man shows on the ships.

So now we have lost Willie, Roy and Nolan. Maybe they will promote Churchill the Butler, I always liked him:D

I vote for Churchill!!! He is the best butler we have ever had, bar none! :)

The CD on our Riviera cruise last year was so anonymous I cannot recall his face or his name!

Best CD we have had was Chris Martin. Actually he was Assistant CD. He kept waiting for a promotion and finally took a CD position on Silversea:-) Actually, Silversea has some great CD's. The last one we had was amazing -- funny, talented, etc. He made guests feel special. Maybe Oceania should entice someone from Silversea to fill their empty positions?

But then he probably doesn't want to do the awful job of CD. When we were on Crystal two years ago (Christmas), their CD is an OFFICER, and doesn't do ANYTHING. Then they have entertainers come do trivia and whatever. Sooooo cold. Hope Oceania/Regent finds more talent...go steal Chris Martin back!

Just a quick Bon Voyage and Thank you(!) to Mr. Ames for his services on our last two O cruises. We wish him well in his new marriage. With his positive attitude, I'm sure he'll do well in whatever he chooses.

Edited by TKS

My memory of Willie was in Scotland where we (as Brits) had hired our own car but arrived at some castle at the same time as the official excursion. We were last in line to go through the turnstile. Willie waved us through with the guests. When I queried this he said "shush". Nice man. His wife is a very lucky lady.