Upgraded after Final Payment...Now Have a Credit?

Hi everyone,

I upgraded our boardwalk cabin to an oceanview balcony this morning because the prices had dropped. Since it is after final payment, I knew I would not be getting money back. However, there is a $75 "credit" on our invoice now because the new room was actually less expensive than what we had already paid. What happens to that money? Would we ever get it back? Does it get used as onboard credit? Or just go into cyberspace somewhere?

To be honest, I don't care either way because what we paid is still much cheaper than the cabin we are in cost back then BUT if it is able to be used some how, I'd love to know!

Thank you!

I have a similar situation. I was told I would see the credit back to my credit card in 7 to 10 days.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Was yours after final payment? As far as I know, they will not credit you.

Hi there

Last year I moved from an OV to a balcony and it was £50 less. I too saw the credit of £50 on my invoice. This then disappeared about a week before we sailed and the £50 was credited on to my bank card. It was a nice surprise!

Hi there

Last year I moved from an OV to a balcony and it was £50 less. I too saw the credit of £50 on my invoice. This then disappeared about a week before we sailed and the £50 was credited on to my bank card. It was a nice surprise!

Interesting...I thought they had changed that policy. Guess I will find out soon enough!

No, I booked an ocean view made final payment then found a C&A saving certificate and called to have it applied.

Was it after your final payment DATE? If it is your Grandeur cruise in October final payment date has not passed.

It does not matter if you paid in full before the final payment is due, they go by the final payment date.

This thread is causing confusion.

I am not sure about UK bookings, but in US, you do NOT receive credit back to your card for price drops after final payment is due. I didn't think they would do it for any price adjustment: cheaper cabin, coupon, C&A discount, etc. There are no refunds after final payment is due.

However, I looked up savings certificates and it says, "Please remember, coupons may only be submitted online with a payment. If you've already paid in full, please contact Customer Service.. "

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=1123&faqSubjectId=322

Not clear, but I think a LOT of people would be interested if there are, in fact, possible adjustments after final payment. Right now, most people believe that you should 'stop looking' after you make final payment because we have repeatedly been told there are no refunds after final. Until now, I have never looked for coupons for my cruises that are past final payment.

Edited by marci22

This thread is causing confusion.

I am not sure about UK bookings, but in US, you do NOT receive credit back to your card for price drops after final payment is due. I didn't think they would do it for any price adjustment: cheaper cabin, coupon, C&A discount, etc. There are no refunds after final payment is due.

However, I looked up savings certificates and it says, "Please remember, coupons may only be submitted online with a payment. If you've already paid in full, please contact Customer Service.. "

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=1123&faqSubjectId=322

Not clear, but I think a LOT of people would be interested if there are, in fact, possible adjustments after final payment. Right now, most people believe that you should 'stop looking' after you make final payment because we have repeatedly been told there are no refunds after final. Until now, I have never looked for coupons for my cruises that are past final payment.

Since April 1, 2014 there are no more C & A savings certificates.

It is not my October cruise it is a May cruise. I am in the US. I booked an Oceanview cabin last Saturday, had to pay in full because it was after final payment due date. I found a C&A saving certificate on the Royal website that expired last Monday the 31st. I called on Monday the 31st and they applied the credit to my account. The $150 credit came back to my credit card yesterday, April 4th.

It is not my October cruise it is a May cruise. I am in the US. I booked an Oceanview cabin last Saturday, had to pay in full because it was after final payment due date. I found a C&A saving certificate on the Royal website that expired last Monday the 31st. I called on Monday the 31st and they applied the credit to my account. The $150 credit came back to my credit card yesterday, April 4th.

It would have been helpful and would have avoided some of the confusion if you had included the info about your rebate being due to a C&A savings certificate in your first post.