Satisfaction Survey BEFORE you Cruise?

willow028

Checked my email and received an email from Carnival titled "We Need Your Opinion" and inside was an invitation to take a survey including the wording "Please click on the link below to take this survey so we can learn more about your most recent cruise experience."

Oooookaaaay but I haven't cruised since October. My husband has a cruise booked with his sons and I did tie my email to his reservation as he's horrible about checking his email... BUT they don't sail until tomorrow.

Not really confused but am amused ~ anyone else ever been asked to give feedback BEFORE they even board the ship?! :rolleyes:

I got it too but was scared to complete it in case it was a virus.

Did you get it before or after your cruise? My husband got one after our October cruise and this one did look just like it...

I also got it and completed it. Geeze, I never thought about it being a virus.:(

Never thought about that either as it looked like the legit one ~ did you really complete it before your cruise?! I'm half tempted! ;)

I got the survey in my email yesterday and completed it yesterday. My "recent" cruise was in May 2013. I'm booked for my next one in September. The survey was long and rather annoying, asking the same questions over and over, mainly about things that I purchased whilst on my recent cruise. I would not have done the survey if I would've known it was going to be so long and ask such stupid questions. I figured it was going to be about the food, entertainment and other more important things, rather than what I bought and how much I spent on the ship and in the ports. It's definitely not a virus but I wouldn't have completed it had I known what it was about beforehand.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Checked my email and received an email from Carnival titled "We Need Your Opinion" and inside was an invitation to take a survey including the wording "Please click on the link below to take this survey so we can learn more about your most recent cruise experience."

Oooookaaaay but I haven't cruised since October. My husband has a cruise booked with his sons and I did tie my email to his reservation as he's horrible about checking his email... BUT they don't sail until tomorrow.

Not really confused but am amused ~ anyone else ever been asked to give feedback BEFORE they even board the ship?! :rolleyes:

I received and took this survey as well. As someone else mentioned, it was long and rather annoying, seemed more of marketing survey for shopping events and venues that they may want to make available in the future. The survey focused on shopping experiences, or or off the ship, you may or may not have taken part in during your last cruise, was DEFINITELY NOT a satisfaction survey asking about your last cruise, what you liked/disliked. My last cruise was last November, but next cruise is this weekend.....not sure how much that may have mattered

I received and took this survey as well. As someone else mentioned, it was long and rather annoying, seemed more of marketing survey for shopping events and venues that they may want to make available in the future. The survey focused on shopping experiences, or or off the ship, you may or may not have taken part in during your last cruise, was DEFINITELY NOT a satisfaction survey asking about your last cruise, what you liked/disliked. My last cruise was last November, but next cruise is this weekend.....not sure how much that may have mattered
Got mine today last sailed in Oct next one is May. You did answer the same question over and over.

I got the same thing yesterday and was happily filling it out

until it got all insistent that my Math had to add up!

So I bailed out. :)

When a survey get too complicated for my tiny brain, I bail.

Are you reading this, Carnival?

It seemed to want specific figures re. my spending habits ashore and on board.

Like I keep records on that stuff? :cool:

When it started to get all IRS on me...I bailed out.

See ya!

I got mine on Tuesday and filled it out last night. I just "guesstimated" my spending, and played with the numbers till they added up the way they wanted them to. We didn't spend a lot for souvenirs on the ship. I thought it would be a satisfaction survey about the food etc. last cruise was in September and next one is this month.:confused:

Haha, at least they sent you a survey. Lots of people don't get them even after the cruise and wonder why. I have always gotten one when I cruise and I always fill it out though. Kudos to carnival for finally being proactive! Lmao.

I just saw another thread for this same exact survey being sent to Holland America cruisers as well.

There is a Princess thread also where they received the exact same survey. Must be Carnival Corp sending them to all their brands.

It's probably an idea that came up when the CDs were in conference this week. I completed but thought it was ridiculous that they wanted specific $ info. You would think they know how much people spend on board and it's really none of their business how much we spend in ports.

I got the survey in my email yesterday and completed it yesterday. My "recent" cruise was in May 2013. I'm booked for my next one in September. The survey was long and rather annoying, asking the same questions over and over, mainly about things that I purchased whilst on my recent cruise. I would not have done the survey if I would've known it was going to be so long and ask such stupid questions. I figured it was going to be about the food, entertainment and other more important things, rather than what I bought and how much I spent on the ship and in the ports. It's definitely not a virus but I wouldn't have completed it had I known what it was about beforehand.

I got one too. My most recent cruise was February 2014. After answering a lot of tedious questions about how much I spent and where I noticed I was only 40% done. I just closed it out and quit.

I got the same thing yesterday and was happily filling it out

until it got all insistent that my Math had to add up!

So I bailed out. :)

When a survey get too complicated for my tiny brain, I bail.

Are you reading this, Carnival?

It seemed to want specific figures re. my spending habits ashore and on board.

Like I keep records on that stuff? :cool:

When it started to get all IRS on me...I bailed out.

See ya!

Same thing I did. It was asking for too much.

DH and I last sailed in December 2013. After that cruise we both got an email Comment Card and filled them out.

Yesterday we both got the email survey. Yes, it was a bit lenghty, but I'm glad Carnival is beginning to consider their guest's opinions when possibly making changes. If people get the survey and have a problem with contributing, just hit delete and don't participate.