First time doing Western-anything we shouldn't miss?

Is there something in one of the ports on the Western Caribbean cruise that you think we should be aware of? I don't know anything about these ports, being a newbie, and I'd like some suggestions of what is worth doing and what ports are best.

Thx

Rex

Is there something in one of the ports on the Western Caribbean cruise that you think we should be aware of? I don't know anything about these ports, being a newbie, and I'd like some suggestions of what is worth doing and what ports are best.

Thx

Rex

There are different versions of western caribbean itineraries. Which ports?

Welcome. As everyone has different preferences, physical abilities and cost limitiations, it's hard to tell you what you will want to do. With that said. here's what I recommend.

Labadee - If you like adventure, the zip line. It's quick, but it is a blast (according to hubby)

The roller coaster is also fun here. I don't do roller coasters and I loved it. Hubby loves roller coasters and really enjoyed it.

Falmouth- We just walk the port. But as you've never done Jamaica you may want to look at other alternatives.

Grand Caymen - Swim with Sting Rays. An absolute blast. Even if you can't swim, not an issue. the water is about chest deep and crystal clear. Another choice (and depending on excursion you can do both) visit the Turtle Farm.

Cozumel- Go to Chakanaab and do the Royal Swim with the Dolphins. An amazing experience. You probably need to be able swim a little, even if doggie paddle. But you do have to wear a life vest so you should be good. Also, we love to shop in Coz. Especially for silver. And I LOVE to negotiate (ie. haggle) for great prices.

Enjoy your trip.

Erika

Labadee is the ship's private beach...it's a beach day! I don't consider it a "real" port, as it's really an extension of the ship.

You should get a guidebook on your other ports...libraries have them! That way, you can find out EVERYTHING there is in each place, and plan your time according to what interests you!

Go into your sailing's trip planner and check out all the excursions that RCI offers for those ports. Then you can determine what interests you, and you can either book excursions through the cruise line, or research on your own and book with private tour operators (that's what I do.)

All that said, my favorite things to do on that itinerary are Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman, and if you are looking for a really nice beach day in Cozumel, I highly recommend Paradise Beach (just a short taxi drive from the terminal.)

whoops! I'm not sure what I'm doing here, so please bear with me.

Ports are Labadee, Falmouth, Grand Cayman, Cozumel.

We loved Nachi Coccum in Cozumel. It's an all inclusive beach resort and you pay one fee to enter. All drinks and food are included in that fee. The beach is one of the best white sand beaches we have ever seen and their fresh made guacamole is to die for!!!! Easy cab ride from the port.

:) Jazz

Edited by Jazzzy

We did Nachi Cocum the last time we were in Coz and it was wonderful. It was so relaxing and the food and drinks were excellent. We also added a snorkel trip that was extra and it was fun. My husband is a very good swimmer/diver and he would dive down for a long time and the guide wanted to know if he was part fish. LOL. They also had a guy who came around with extra activities like parasailing, jet skis that you could sign up for if you wanted. If you want relaxation (they only allow a certain number of people for the day) this would be it. As previously stated it is a short taxi ride to and from.

Thank you everyone for helping out. My wife's physical capabilities are limited, but I may look at one of the swimming spots. We would love to do some kind of boat ride that might include snorkeling for me. Any ideas on that?

In Cozumel you might want to consider Passion Island. It has a nice beach where it would be easy for her to get in the water and play. Also, it's LOVELY!

You might want to do an excursion on a sailing catamaran in Grand Cayman that goes the stingrays and a snorkel stop. You could enjoy ... and the sail part would be fun for your wife.

Labadee is a beach. You don't need to book anything.

Falmouth might be a place you would consider staying within the port area. Snorkeling in Jamaica is not the best and you will have three port stops with very nice beaches and snorkeling.

Have fun planning! :)

LuLu

~~~

In Cozumel I really like Chankanaab. You can Google it and see what it has to offer that you might like. I swam with the manatees once and it was one of the best times ever. The park has very good snorkeling and is only a short taxi ride from the port.

whoops! I'm not sure what I'm doing here, so please bear with me.

Ports are Labadee, Falmouth, Grand Cayman, Cozumel.

One of the best meals I have ever eaten. Restaurant called the Thirsty cougar about a mile from where RCI docks. Seriously, the food here is fantastic and a very good bargain. My wife and I go here to eat every time we go to cozumel.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g150809-d2508954-Reviews-The_Thirsty_Cougar-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

One of the best meals I have ever eaten. Restaurant called the Thirsty cougar about a mile from where RCI docks. Seriously, the food here is fantastic and a very good bargain. My wife and I go here to eat every time we go to cozumel.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g150809-d2508954-Reviews-The_Thirsty_Cougar-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

That place looks awesome!

Thank you everyone for helping out. My wife's physical capabilities are limited, but I may look at one of the swimming spots. We would love to do some kind of boat ride that might include snorkeling for me. Any ideas on that?

My DH also has problems getting around so .... At Labadee we did a boat tour excursion along the coast of Haiti. It was very relaxing. The narration was well done. The guys that ran it were local Haitians.

What about a fish pedicure at Mr Sanchos in Cozumel?

You stick your feet in a fish tank, and they eat the dead

skin off your feet to leave them silky smooth for under $49.

This is a highlight in many countries.

We did the Sting Ray City with Moby Dick Tours instead of the ships tour. Much less crowded and they took us to a great snorkel spot after the Ray thing. They picked us up in Vans at the dock and took us to the boat. On the return we had them drop us off at 7 mile beach which was on the way.

http://www.mobydicktours.com/

Falmouth - Just recently did Dunns River Falls private tour with Courtney Taylor. Love Dunns Falls and have gone several times.

Cayman Islands - Sting ray city is a must try at least once but another time I went on an organized Jet ski tour that was a blast.

Labadee - Zip line and beach day and don't forget that your drink package is honored on the Island.

Cozumel - We did Salsa, Salsa, and Margaritas which was well run and a lot of fun. Lunching at Panchos Backyard and shopping. Stop at Senior Frogs before re-boarding it is really close to cruise ship.