Email address for dining request

I hope you get a better response than I did. I sent one about 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard from them except to tell me that they forwarded it to the ship.

Have a great cruise!

I've never heard back (accept for the confirmation), before a month at least. :)

Thanks all for this information. I'm new on CC but we cruise a lot, D+, but always have trouble getting a table for two. I'm hard of hearing so it's difficult holding a conversation across the table plus I give the Head Waiter a special Main Entre I like every night so I want the same table every night.

Which is better to use, the long one with the ship code name or simply rcldining? Is it best 7 to 10 days before or one month before? We've learned the hard way not to book too far out because of price drops and early dining is not available so we take late dining so as not to prepay gratuities then rush to the dining room to change to early, a real hassle.

Thanks, Augie

Thanks all for this information. I'm new on CC but we cruise a lot, D+, but always have trouble getting a table for two. I'm hard of hearing so it's difficult holding a conversation across the table plus I give the Head Waiter a special Main Entre I like every night so I want the same table every night.

Which is better to use, the long one with the ship code name or simply rcldining? Is it best 7 to 10 days before or one month before? We've learned the hard way not to book too far out because of price drops and early dining is not available so we take late dining so as not to prepay gratuities then rush to the dining room to change to early, a real hassle.

Thanks, Augie

I use the rcldining email about two weeks before the cruise and have had excellent results.

I used the rcldining email, and I heard back within 3 days. I noticed when I got the response that my original email had been forwarded to the longer address, and then they were the ones that responded. In the response, they asked if there was anything else they could do for me, and I was tempted to ask for a table by the windows, but since I have 2nd seating at dinner, it'll be dark out anyway.

It surprises me to hear that people have a problem with getting table for 2. Even if you don't like your table you can see the Maitre D an get reassigned...

but its nice to know you can email a request :D

• 1 month later...
We sent an email request for a table by the window on the main floor of the dining room. We received an email saying they would forward it on to the ship and heard nothing else. We went to the dining room after we boarded and found our table which was on the main floor by the window. This was on a cruise a month ago on Adventure.

Don't lose sleep over it; they'll honor your request.

They didn't honor my request. Before my last cruise I was asked by a C&A rep what kind of table I wanted and in what location (supposedly a Diamond Plus perk). I asked for a table for two on an upper level by the rail. I got a table for ten on the bottom level!! :confused:

They didn't honor my request. Before my last cruise I was asked by a C&A rep what kind of table I wanted and in what location (supposedly a Diamond Plus perk). I asked for a table for two on an upper level by the rail. I got a table for ten on the bottom level!! :confused:

I never did hear from them by email. However when we got on the ship, we got everything we requested except by the window. We didn't complain because it was in an excellent location. We were very pleased.

I'm sorry your request wasn't honored.

Depending which ship you were on, the upper seating may have been reserved for my time dining and therefore not available. Not helpful to your situation, but a possible explanation. I have always requested, and received email confirmation. Always go to the dining room soon after boarding to check, last cruise they had not honored my request and it was the first time I had not gone to check after boarding! They straightened it out, but got a less than desirable waiter.....fwiw.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Depending which ship you were on, the upper seating may have been reserved for my time dining and therefore not available. Not helpful to your situation, but a possible explanation. I have always requested, and received email confirmation. Always go to the dining room soon after boarding to check, last cruise they had not honored my request and it was the first time I had not gone to check after boarding! They straightened it out, but got a less than desirable waiter.....fwiw.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

There were three floors of dining on this ship and the third floor was MTD. The the first and second (an "upper") floors were used for main dining. Anyway, the first place we went upon boarding was the dining room to check out our table and the maître d' overheard me grumbling and asked if he could help. I explained and he did get us a table for two downstairs. It turned out fine, but why ask what I would like if it won't be honored??

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed about our upcoming oasis cruise because we are a party of 13. I wanted to make sure we would all be together since on multiple calls the RCI agent asked if we wanted our dining linked together. Heard back straight away from dining and then 2 days later got an email from the dining operations coordinator on oasis with a screenshot showing our names and table. So happy he took the time to do so. The last agent scared my mom that we wouldn't be able to sit together. She is very relieved now!!